Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

on 1/10/2012 1:21:00 PM

It went on well and did help my lashes to look better at first. Then after a short time, it pulled the curl out. Took it back. Will try Merle Norman next.

on 12/20/2011 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this primer and have been using it for about a month now. I was somewhat surprised by all the glowing reviews. I find this to be not any better than the primer that comes with my different 2-in-1 mascaras. I have fairly long but fine lashes. Was hoping for more volume from this product. For the price I just don't think its worth it. I will use this up but will not repurchase.

on 11/26/2011 6:58:00 PM

This product does everything it is supposed to do. I had actually forgotten about primers and mostly gave up wearing any mascara on my skimpy lashes since their return following chemo. This is the first I've tried - I've already ordered a couple of other brands to try - but I doubt I'll find anything to compare to Clinique and will just ignore the higher price and stay with this. I apply two coats of primer and two coats of any mascara. I have lashes again!

on 11/20/2011 3:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Great for lengthening and volumizing. Defeats curling your lashes because they will wilt. I'm a bit sad, since I bought it to help hold my curl.

on 11/3/2011 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this primer for over a year and am very happy with it. It goes on smooth and does a good job lengthening and plumping up my lashes. No, it won't give you obese, monolithic lashes, but I have been told a few times that "wow, your eyelashes look so long!" (My bare lashes are nothing to stare at, trust me.) The packaging is also pretty sleek! I think this primer deserves higher ratings than it's been getting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

WOW! I never bought into the whole lash primer thing when it started a few years ago. I thought it was another mediocre product beauty companies convinced people they needed. Then, I received a sample of this Clinique lash primer as an extra in a swap and thought I might as well try it... And I'm amazed at what a difference this makes! I have stick-straight, sparse, short, stubby Asian eyelashes. I usually wear falsies when I want my lashes to look good. When I apply a few coats of this primer plus a few coats of L'Oreal Telescopic, the result looks like I'm wearing "natural" falsies! My lashes are sooo long and thick with no clumping or flaking. It lasts all day, too! Definitely give this product a shot if you have short stubby lashes - and use it with Telescopic. I'll post a picture as soon as I can! :)

on 9/24/2011 4:47:00 PM

My HG lash primer (and believe me, I've tried them all). One coat improves ANY mascara. I prefer not to let it dry before I add my mascara - I apply this primer, then wait only 30 seconds, so it's still 'tacky' before applying my mascara.
Even waterproof mascaras, which are known to be a little thinner and wetter than normal mascaras, look good with this primer. If you're after a falsh lash effect, 2 coats of this, then 2 coats of your favourite volumising mascara look immense. Can't recommend this highly enough. It doesn't last that long, but I can't knock a lippie off as it still does an amazing job!!

on 8/19/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Got this as a sample and now plan to buy the full size. Adds volume and length to my lashes and keeps my mascara from clumping. Love it!!

on 8/8/2011 12:38:00 AM

This is the first lash primer that I've ever used, so it's hard to rate it against others.

I have always had problems with my mascara running, even when not being very active. My eyes are really watery, I guess, so even smudge proof mascara smudged on me.

This primer, so far, is the only primer that has kept my mascara on my freakin' eyelashes - it's a miracle for me! even after working out, my mascara is still in place. AND this product also made me look like I actually have eyelashes (mine are short, straight blonde ones...yay me). I love this product.

My only concern is that sometimes when I use it, my eyes get really irritated. But if I'm very careful in my application, it's all good.

on 7/4/2011 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very short, thin lashes so primers are a must for me. I have to say though that I'm quite disappointed with this product. Average performance. Does make a noticeable difference, but nothing dramatic. Separates lashes well; no clumps. Went well under all of my mascaras and is very affordable. Wouldn't buy this again however. Not enough WOW to it. Lancome's Cils Booster is much better