April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW! I never bought into the whole lash primer thing when it started a few years ago. I thought it was another mediocre product beauty companies convinced people they needed. Then, I received a sample of this Clinique lash primer as an extra in a swap and thought I might as well try it... And I'm amazed at what a difference this makes! I have stick-straight, sparse, short, stubby Asian eyelashes. I usually wear falsies when I want my lashes to look good. When I apply a few coats of this primer plus a few coats of L'Oreal Telescopic, the result looks like I'm wearing "natural" falsies! My lashes are sooo long and thick with no clumping or flaking. It lasts all day, too! Definitely give this product a shot if you have short stubby lashes - and use it with Telescopic. I'll post a picture as soon as I can! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG lash primer (and believe me, I've tried them all). One coat improves ANY mascara. I prefer not to let it dry before I add my mascara - I apply this primer, then wait only 30 seconds, so it's still 'tacky' before applying my mascara.
Even waterproof mascaras, which are known to be a little thinner and wetter than normal mascaras, look good with this primer. If you're after a falsh lash effect, 2 coats of this, then 2 coats of your favourite volumising mascara look immense. Can't recommend this highly enough. It doesn't last that long, but I can't knock a lippie off as it still does an amazing job!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample and now plan to buy the full size. Adds volume and length to my lashes and keeps my mascara from clumping. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first lash primer that I've ever used, so it's hard to rate it against others.

I have always had problems with my mascara running, even when not being very active. My eyes are really watery, I guess, so even smudge proof mascara smudged on me.

This primer, so far, is the only primer that has kept my mascara on my freakin' eyelashes - it's a miracle for me! even after working out, my mascara is still in place. AND this product also made me look like I actually have eyelashes (mine are short, straight blonde ones...yay me). I love this product.

My only concern is that sometimes when I use it, my eyes get really irritated. But if I'm very careful in my application, it's all good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very short, thin lashes so primers are a must for me. I have to say though that I'm quite disappointed with this product. Average performance. Does make a noticeable difference, but nothing dramatic. Separates lashes well; no clumps. Went well under all of my mascaras and is very affordable. Wouldn't buy this again however. Not enough WOW to it. Lancome's Cils Booster is much better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing...builds length and some volume....also does not interfere with/weigh down my naturally curly lashes!

I use this in combination with the brush-then-comb mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sminkedokka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has become a must have product for me. It really builds my lashes without any irritation from fibres. It makes my lashes thicker and longer and transforms a good mascara into an outstanding, long lasting one. It never clumps or flakes and has really improved the look of my lashes. I might keep trying new mascaras, but will stick with this primer. The other primer I used recently is by Smashbox and it does not hold a candle to Cliniques Lash Building Primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jany177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the way my mascara applies when I use this primer. My lashes are fuller, with LOTS more volume. I love that I can use it with any brand's mascara. I go between a Clinique high definition and an Avon Supershock mascara for the best volume I've ever seen. I will continue to buy this -- it's a staple for me now!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not 100% sure I dig this quite yet so I may end up updating this review. While it doesn't go on cakey like some over the top primers or make my lashes spikey (who enjoys that!?) it did weigh down my lashes & my hard work my eyelash curler did :( I think I may end up just using this as a conditioner at night & not use with my mascara. Curl is THAT important to me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hair4wear

Love this product! you can match it with any mascara from any brand! lengthens thickens and helps my lashes stay long.