October 25, 2014 | 1993 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nlwilliams60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great... for everyone talking about the oiliness of the pads they do make an oil free version of these. I don't wear a lot of eye make up or wear it everyday bu these do the trick.. they've been voted #1 on Allure's list for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by deeinnocent

These are the best on the market hands down for eye makeup removal. I have tried other expensive brands that completely disappoint. These are non- irritating, non-burning. I use a lot of mascara (lash blast waterproof) & eyeliner (revlon color stay) so it takes about 3-4 pads to remove all makeup. Also, I use q-tips to help get the residue from my lash line and finally rinse with water to remove the oily residue around my eyes. I have used these for over 10 years!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almay Moisturizing Makeup Remover Pads are pre-soaked cotton rounds. I buy these for like $2.99 at Wal-Mart for an 80 count container (My Wal-Mart recently removed its Almay display D=). These are a good makeup remover. I mostly use them to correct mistakes, remove anything my liquid remover missed, or as quick on-the-go removers. I don't really like them for use as a daily all over makeup removers. They do a decent job at it, but it can take multiple swipes from both sides of the pad to remove 1 eye's worth of makeup, where as it only takes my liquid makeup remover one swipe to remove a whole eye's worth of makeup.
The container says these are 100% fragrance free and hypoallergenic. They do seem to be very gentle. I have no irritation or stinging from these, unless I rub too hard.
The main ingredient in these is mineral oil, which may deter some from using these, but it doesn't cause me to get oily lids or pimples. Speaking of oily lids, its best to blot off the excess oil if you plan to reapply makeup right away, or else it'll slip right off. (I checked Almay's site and these are available in an oil free version)
I find these a little moisturizing, but not significantly so. They contain aloe and cucumber extracts, and are alcohol free, so that seems to support the moisturizing claim, even if I don't feel it.
These are packaged in a white screw top jar and are available in a few different count sizes, but I always get 80. I can get multiple uses of each pad, as they're double sided. One jar usually lasts me about 4 months.
I recommend these to keep in your purse, for travel, and for touch ups and spot cleaning, but not for for all over eye makeup removing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I'm not really sure why these have such awful reviews - I mean, they aren't anything amazing, but they do the job.

I picked this up after I ran out of my Lancome & Up & Up (target brand) duo-phase removers. I thought this might be more convenient since they are pre-moistened pads. They are basically mostly mineral oil, which I guess is what is supposed to be moisturizing. I mostly just picked this over the other verity because oil removes WP mascara better. I also thought maybe it would help condition my lashes and keep them healthy.

Well, I will agree that these pads are too small. I dont wear a ton of eye makeup most days - just a sweep of shimmer eye shadow, and thin line of eye liner and mascara, but I really almost need 2, 1 per eye to get thorough removal. I was also surprised at how thin they are. Something a little ticker and more substantial would really help to move eye make up, but I can deal with it.

Yes, it does leave an oily residue behind, but I always wash my face with a cleanser. This is a MAKE UP REMOVER, IT IS NOT A CLEANSER - so I dont get why people complain about that.... you are SUPPOSED to wash your face after anyways... so that oily residue is there for, say, a few seconds.

I use a wash cloth to make sure I get off all the residue and any remaining eye make up and when I get up in the morning I have not found any raccoon eyes from product left behind like I do with a lot of other MU removers.

I do think it conditions lashes, but I haven't seen any crazy differences.

Overall, it works - I mean, using a cotton pad with some oil (I like coconut or jojoba) would work just as well, if not better, but I'm lazy and I like the convenience. I would buy again, especially if I were going to be traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got these after reading a single review at Target.com. My fault really. It was a positive review so I figured it couldn't have been that bad. One of my favorite MU gurus on Youtube tends to favor Almay products so I figured it was going to be okay. I was SO wrong. This thing leaves an oily mess on my eyes and it stings like heck! It takes me at least 3-4 pads to have everything removed.

I bought the moisturizing one and the oil-free ones. Haven't tried the oil-free ones yet but according to the other reviews I've seen on here, it seems to be better than the moisturizing ones. Let's hope so because this was a regrettable purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

LOL what with all the bad reviews??I like this stuff very much yes the pads are very small but they don't irritate my eyes.They smell nice to pretty cheap i sometimes even use them to remove my foundation to.I'm happy with the results and continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is crap. Barely removed anything. I think Almay thinks squirrels use these things because the pads are way too small for human hands. Ended up using Vaseline to remove my eye makeup, then swiping off the Vaseline with these pads before washing my face. That's all they were good for, wiping off the Vaseline...so sad. I was so psyched too because this was a 2-for-1 pack that I found at Target for like, $7. Totally burst my bubble. Will never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cliniquerox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Liked this product but it made my eye area very dry and non moisturized. The pads worked well but they burned my eyes. They did take off EVERYTHING though but I'd rather use the Almay makeup wipes for both face and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by gail44

These makeup removers are pretty good but they dont do a good job of removing my Maybelline Turbo VolumExpress mascara, which isn't even waterproof. That is my only con about it. I like that they're oily because my skin is very dry so it could use all the extra moisture, but I still use a warm damp wash cloth to wipe away the excess. I got them for about $2.50 at HEB with a 50% off coupon which I notice they usually have on most Almay products. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by helloimdiem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really mad that I confused this with the non-oily one due to the blue packaging. It's really easy to open and it comes with 80 pads. I did not like how greasy and oily it was. It feels really gross and icky afterwards. This doesn't really remove stubborn waterproof mascara and will leave raccoon eyes afterwards.