July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Loose Powders - Palladio - Rice Powder Loose Natural

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by violina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a great powder, very light with great coverage and long lasting. The drawback is the packaging and that's my only qualm. I tossed the puff and used my kabuki in lieu of it but those bloody holes get in the way. Also when I first opened it quite a bit of powder fell out and that was before I even lifted the plastic off the holes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by jodybrown

After reading reccomendations for several inexpensive loose powders here, I've tried the following, with this powder being the winner! My previous beloved was Dior Poudre Libre. Since they discontinued that as well as my HG foundation, Diorskin Pure Light, I am sulking and refuse to buy their products. Have LM loose powder. Lovely texture, absurd price; I really think the drugstore options are as good. Here goes:

Coty Airspun - lovely texture, struggled with good color match,
impractical packaging - no sifter

NYC loose powder - very impressive and cheap. I combined the two
shades for a near perfect match. Sifter lets too
much powder through, but this is my #2

L'oreal translucide - nice look, but texture just wasn't satiny enough -
I could feel it on my skin

Palladio Rice Powder - Ta Da! Can't tell you exactly why, but this is the best. Great color match, disappears into my skin, exquisite texture. Box is tres adorable; I transfer loose powder into a plastic film container for travel, so this should be okay. I apply with a kabuki. Price is right, and what a cool little gift... Try this stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by senoritadurazno

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! Perfect for travel/on the go, very useful because one side is matte and the other side has rice powder. u can choose if you want to just blot the oil off ur face or add the powder. also i cut the sheets in half because that way it lasts longer and half i all i need anyway. i buy this in translucent, i found it at nordstrom rack for under 4 bucks! i will never stop buying this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Blondex27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this in my great aunt's boudoir sitting at her make-up table and tried it, and couldn't believe my eyes, my skin looked gorgeous and softer and much younger..although the color was a shade to light.
Since then I have found the slighly darker shade and it matches my skin perfectly..the box is so cute, and the smell is very girlie, the flat puff they give you is useless, better to use a small sponge puff..also if you plan to travel scotch tape the lid on for it opens easily...It's the best make-up I have ever used...I will use this for the rest of my life...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had previously used this powder in translucent, and even though I'm very fair, it was just too white. I decided to give this color a try since I did like the texture of the powder itself. Even though this powder looks warmer in the box than my skin, it blends in beautifully and doesn't show up at all. Goes on smoothly, doesn't emphasize lines or wrinkles and mattifies very nicely without making the skin look dry or chalky. This does have fragrance listed in the ingredients, but unlike the translucent one I had used before, I don't detect any strong perfume smell. This is definitely a great buy for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by xsupermel

i've had mine for about a year and a half and im JUST starting to run out. i love this stuff, it actually hids my some of my blemishes and takes the oils away. i wear this everyday over my concealer. the packaging sucks but i got use to it. i just add some powder on the lid and use my powder brush to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by JChahboune

I had big hopes for this product b/c of all the great MUA reviews, but now having tried it, I'm feeling just so so towards the actual powder. The box is "cute", but impractical (it spills and the lid doesn't stay on). The puff is useless--throw it out. I tried this on half my face and my usual Loreal Translucide on the other half. Both powders emphasized my large pores and fine lines. My face looks less "dewy" with the powder on. It DOES however do a good job of setting makeup and my face has a soft focus finish with no noticeable oil breakthrough (on both sides). So now I'm stuck with 2 powders that are indistinguishable from one another. I think I'll put them both up for swap and trade whichever goes first.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great setting powder. It disappears on my skin and gives me a soft-focus look. I use this after my beloved EL Doublewear and I hardly ever have any oily breakthrough. Yes, the packaging sucks and I have to drive 25 minutes to find a Sally's but I think it's going to last me a good 4-5 months and it's cheap!!! Cheap with a beautiful finish. Try it out if you're even somewhat interested and you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2006 2:15:00 AM More reviews by laurajkuchnicki

I echo all the positives of the others: this stuff is fantastic! I will never waste my money on BE Mineral Veil again, as this does a much better job at a fraction of the price.

Go out and get it- you won't be disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2006 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used it a few times and then threw it away. The packaging was messy and it just didn't keep the shine at bay. Back to my usual cornstarch babypowder. Nothing absorbs oil like that. You can buy a huge generic bottle for $.98 and it will last you years.