Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 – SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 2/6/2014 2:41:00 PM

I like this concealer, i've seen some reviews complaining about its dry consistency. It is very dry so if youre covering a spot or some flakiness (gross, sorry!), this is not the concealer to use and definitely not under the eye! Under eye concealers should be creamy!! I use this was Laura Mercier's concealer brush and i have to say i really like this concealer if used properly. I can use it all year round on a random red patch or soreness, and especially around the nose and it will disappear. My only issue is that because it's so dry sometimes it can be quite difficult to work with and you have to spend a lot of time concealing whatever you need to cover. This is why I slightly think this product is over rated.

on 1/29/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was looking for a new under eye concealer since the mac one I'd been using ran out. I spent ages in Sephora, and after testing multiple samples and talking to a few store associates, I came out with this. I really liked that it had a colour for brightening/correcting and then the actual concealer. Unfortunately, this was terrible

Packaging: **
Although the compact is cute and you seem to be getting quite a bit of product, you have to contantly rub your finger or brush into it and it gets dry and dirty very very quickly.

Consistency: *
This product is unbelievably dry. I even tried to warm it up by blowing hot air onto it. When I tried to use my finger I had to literally dig into it and rub it around multiple times before enough would get on, to spread under my eyes. Over time it became even worse. It was a struggle to warm it up ever morning. Consequently, the product was hard to work with, and very difficult to blend. It made my under eyes look cakey.

Coverage: **
The coverage of the corrector is decent and I actually found I used it the most (but I think that's only because the color was so good, it really helped brighten my under eyes). I rarely touched the acual concealer color. I found it didn't cover at all.

Longevity: **
It tended to last okay although I did layer other products over top of it. However, it would always separate throughout the day and expose lines under my eyes. If you have mature skin, I would deff stay away.

To make matters worse, the price was ridiculously high. I believe I paid around $43 for this. I ended up retuning it. I would say don't bother giving this a try, It's really expensive and very hard to work with.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've never written a review on MU, but after snagging this concealer last week I felt totally compelled. This is, without a doubt, the best concealer I've ever used. Its texture is waxy and the product is a little stubborn, which I actually find positive because it encourages me to only use as much as I need—which is VERY LITTLE. I use it with a retractable lip brush, an ideal accompaniment because I can toss it in my purse without the head collecting stray dirt and tobacco. The pigmentation is top-notch and the blending feature gets the color just right. My face is ridden with some serious monster zits right now, and Secret Camo eradicates ALL evidence of them. Packaging is a little cumbersome, but I actually find brush application yields the best results. Get thee to the Laura Mercier counter y'all, especially my fellow zitty freak comrades.

on 12/30/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

At first, I really wasn't sure how I felt about this product. I felt like the consistency was very dry and it was difficult to use. After learning to use it, however, I've grown to like it a lot more. It does have a waxy texture but I don't find it to be drying. I use my finger to apply this because it works better than using a brush for me. I know that this is not meant for under the eyes, but that's what I mostly use it for and feel like it works well for me. It provides a lot of coverage and eliminates dark circles completely. Also, this stuff will last you a long time--I've had this product for over a year and have yet to hit pan yet. My only complaint is that I wish it was available with single shades for people like me who only use one side of the compact anyways.

on 12/8/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was really looking forward to using this after I heard the positive reviews and I'm really pleased I bought it and not at all disappointed, you have to really work it into your skin as you warm it up so it becomes more pliable. I know your suppose to use a brush and blend on the back of the hand then apply blah blah but I just warm up with my fingers as I say so it becomes pliable then it goes on great. If you can't resist putting it under your eyes then you seriously don't need much I've used under my eyes and got away with it as I used a very small amount and just patted in till it was not just sitting on top of my skin and worked in well, great product but does require a little extra work which are worth the result

on 12/8/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a serious love / hate relationship with LM Secret Camo. It really is an amazing concealer IF and only IF you find your correct color match, you learn how to properly apply it AND (this applies to most, but apparently, not all) if it is used only on the face and not as an under eye concealer. It was never intended for use under the eyes although some have reported success with it as a circle concealer. For me, although it obliterates the circles, it's just too dry no matter how much extra moisturizer I use. It is hard & dry to the touch and is tricky to apply. You can NOT just swipe your finger into this product and pat it on. That's not how it was designed to be used. If the right color is chosen (#2 was best for me & I'm an NC25) and it's used correctly w/ the right tools (LM makes a special brush just for use w/ this product), the results are truly amazing. It provides opaque coverage and it looks like skin. It is long lasting and I found that on my dryish skin, I didn't even need to set it w/ powder, although a light, rolling press of LM translucent powder on top does extend it's longevity. The down side is this product requires more effort and time than other concealers. There's a learning curve and you must master the technique to get amazing results and even when the technique is mastered, you can only conceal small areas, one at a time. This is not an issue when spot concealing is your goal but if you're looking to conceal a larger area (such as redness on cheeks), it's going to take more time than traditional concealers. BTW, I learned how to use it by watching tutorials on YouTube and by Goggling it. There's lots of info on it as it's an unusual concealer and many struggle w/ it. All in all, LM Secret Camo is probably worth the extra time and effort because it provides great coverage that is practically undetectable. I. personally, don't have the patience for it on a daily basis plus I can't seem to consistently get it to work well. I recently discovered MUFE Full Coverage (#6 is perfect for me) & although I think it is less opaque than LM Secret Camo, I find that it also provides a very realistic, skin-like finish. MUFE is much more convenient to use and quickly covers my red cheeks so I think my LM Secret Camo may start collecting dust! Still, LM Secret Camo is an excellent product. I am a concealer junkie and this is one of the best concealers that I have found for the face, especially for spot concealing.

on 11/30/2013 4:16:00 AM

I bought this a few years ago after seeing it recommended in a beauty bible, but like many if the reviewers on here, couldn't get on with it as I found it far too dry. Have recently returned to the LM counter to repurchase foundation. It was suggested that I actually didn't need foundation - just tinted moisturiser and Concealer. I explained my previous experience so the consultant showed me how to warm it up on my hand first then apply. So I decided to give it another go - and I'm so glad I did!! Yes it is dry but that means it stays on all day!! Just don't use it under your eyes - it's not meant for that. But anything else - it's fantastic!!!

on 11/26/2013 9:54:00 PM

This concealer compact comes in two colors, so that you can customize the best shade for you. I accidentally purchased a shade lighter than needed, but I'm able to mix the colors with a little of my foundation and the color is perfect. This stuff will cover anything! It's very thick and creamy and does not seem to aggravate my acne or cause any others. It is best applied with a concealer brush.

on 11/20/2013 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This has a chalky less creamy texture but don't let that fool you it will seriously cover and it doesn't budge after you put it on. Does need to be set under the eyes. The SC-3 has a lovely yellow undertone!

on 10/28/2013 11:11:00 PM

This is my second buy. I had quite bad under-eye dark circles and had used numerous big brands which ended up caking or not lasting till end of the day but LM suits me so well. Really love it's texture. Light and yet good coverage especially you top up with their loose powder. It's perfecto! Why I said is good coverage because my eyes had a tendency to be quite watery at times and the concealer works well even it tears. It does not immediately wear off easily.

What I dislike is the packaging. The cover of the LM where the mirror is, both the little plastic hinges breaks away. So now I'm facing some problem how to put it back together.

Other than packaging all goes well.