July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Katie19851

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I saw the price I was hesitate. So glad I bought it though!! You have to rub your fingers in it for a couple seconds to warm it up I use it under my eyes and then use a damp beauty blender it makes my under eyes glow! Im in love! I work 12 hours in a ICU at a hospital and Im almost done with my shift and I have no creases yet under my eyes! I set it with translucent powder in the am and Im set all day! Would def buy again if I happen to have the money but there is alot of product in the compact with is great for travel but its just unsanitary to keep using your fingers in it so Ill have to figure a differnt way to use this when it comes to that!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

UGH I hated this concealer. It was so cakey, made me look like a ghost and despite me having VERY oily skin accentuated every dry flake I didn't even know I had! And it didn't even last very long. I don't even know how people can manage to use this on their eyes when it's so drying and cakey that I can't use it to cover my acne.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by hills03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never write reviews but I felt like this deserved one. I have THE WORST breakouts right now. I have scars and cysts all over my cheeks that my derm is trying to take care of. In the meantime I will not be without this concealer. It saves my face. I wear it under foundation so it blends perfectly with a beauty blender. It stays all day and my skin looks normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this concealer!!!!! I was hesitant to buy it at first because it was so expensive, but I watch Carli bell's makeup tutorials on youtube (which, by the way, if you're a make up guru like myself you should DEFINITELY check them out..SHES AMAZING!!!) and she swears by this stuff.. so I thought "why not." One of the best purchases I ever made!!!! I was blessed with very normal skin so I don't get a lot of break outs but for that occassional pimple it covers it flawlessly. I don't know why some of these reviews are saying that you're not supposed to use it for under your eyes. I work at Sephora and we are instructed to use it under people's eyes. If it creases for you, try a primer underneath. I use the shade SC-3 and it matches me pretty well. You're always supposed to set your make up with some kind of powder so whoever says it looks cakey should try doing that to blend it! ITS ALL ABOUT THE BLENDING PEOPLE!!! I reccomend this product to anyone and everyone! It's pricey but lasts FOREVER! BUY BUY BUY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jadeywoo80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent concealer for blemishes, spots and redness. I have mild rosacea and when my nose flushes red, i whip this out and it covers so well the redness disappears, the coverage is excellent. I dont use it under my eyes, as i find it setlles in my lines, however brilliant for covering spots. Fairly expensive, but it lasts ages, i must of had mine 4 years and theres still half left. Havent given it 5 lippies as the case broke easily and i have to keep it closed with a hair bobble. Other than that, amaze!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cg2264

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Lots of reviews on this product, but I will chime in anyway. I use this as under-eye concealer. Yes, I KNOW it's not necessarily intended for that, BUT it works for me, and here's why: 1. I have allergies and permanent, year-round dark circles. 2. I am over 40, and the typical creamy concealers settle into my lines and wrinkles 3. I live in a hot climate where makeup tends to migrate downwards off the face throughout the day. For these reasons, Secret Camouflage really works for me. I apply it with a small concealer brush, the kind with yellow bristles, after I use my moisturizer and apply my makeup. I apply the concealer generously in a triangle under my eyes and then blend it with my finger. IF the product is cold (ie the bathroom is freezing that morning or whatever), the product will be too cold to go on- then I might have to put it on the top of my hand to warm up first- not that big a deal. Voila! I like this stuff! I used another brand for a long time, but it just became too creamy for me within the last few years. This product has really delivered for me, and I am very happy with it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by tanni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Review for Laura Mercierís Secret Camouflage

This product is camouflage concealer at its best. The term ďcamouflage concealerĒ is in reference to a high-pigmented, full coverage cream, that can be used on some of the deepest discolorations and imperfections. Camouflage creams are especially useful for those of us who tend to have acne breakouts, since it completely covers the red, purple, grey and brown discolorations associated with the various stages of active and healing breakouts. Camouflage creams are also ideal for a multitude of other imperfections, such as redness, broken capillaries, scars, sun spots and dark discolorations of the skin.

The downside to camouflage cream is that, because itís so full coverage, if you donít use it properly and have the exact match to your skin tone, it can actually worsen your flaws by highlighting them with an improper color. Before using Laura Mercierís product, the only time Iíd ever used camouflage cream-type products was when I was able to use palette in a wide range of colors in various undertones and shade depths to create a perfect match. This is impractical for everyday, personal use however, and I think Laura Mercier must have known this when she created this product.

Secret Camouflage comes in 8 shade ranges, SC-1 to SC-8, each range consisting of 2 colors, a lighter one and a deeper one. This allows you to customize your shade, as long as you pick the right range. This is helpful for people who have a hard time finding matches, and also for people whose skin changes in depth throughout the seasons. I own and use range SC-4, and I am a medium, warm skintone. Go to the bottom of this review for a list of my foundation matches for color reference.

Application: This camouflage cream is best patted on with fingers or a brush, and then blended. Laura Mercierís tip is to take a flat paddle concealer brush, and pick up one color on each side in equal amounts, and then blend the two shades on your hand. I think this is a good place to start, but if the shade doesnít match right away, simply adjust the amount of each color you use to get your mix. Also, it is essential to warm up this product before applying, as is the case with most cream products. If youíre having trouble applying or blending it in, itís because you havenít gotten the product warm enough, or youíre applying in heavier layers. Itís very easy to do this by taking either your concealer brush, your finger, or a plastic or metal spatula and blending the two colors onto your palm. (I find this tends to sink in to the back of my hand and I use more product) Personally, I use a metal spatula, pick up some of each color on either sides of the spatula, and then I deposit the cream onto the fleshy part of my palm. I then take the spatula and pat and blend until both colors are incorporated, a method akin to kneading dough. I do this until I get an almost liquid consistency (it doesnít take too long) and then apply with either a brush or my fingers.

Concealer for undereyes, or only the face?:

I hear many different things from people (but I also hear things like one side is for undereye and the other is for your face) but I would say, as long as you apply this in thin layers, once youíve warmed it up adequately, you can use this for both. If youíre prone to creasing, however (like I am) you may get some creasing throughout the day. This personally bothers me, so I donít use it on my undereye area. Instead, this is my workhorse concealer for my acne spots, old scarring, broken capillaries and redness (non-rosacia surface redness). Iíve even worn this as a full coverage foundation once, and while I donít think I really needed the coverage all over, it wore well on my mild-combination skin, looked natural and non-cakey and it felt very comfortable as I wore it through the day.

I think anyone who is looking for extra coverage because of skin problems will find a good friend in this product.

Foundation/concealer matches: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer SX08, Becca Luminous Skin Color in Toast, Becca dual-coverage concealer in Macadamia, Becca Radiant Satin Finish Foundation in Nude, Becca Mineral Makeup in Nude, Mac Studio Fix powder in NC35, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer in Medium, Shiseido Stick foundation in O40, Shiseido Perfect Refining foundation in O60, YSL Touche Eclat foundation in BD50, Nars Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz and Laura Mercier Original Tinted Moisturizer in Sand

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sleepytimesamba

I am happy with this product, while it is thick and not that easy to blend I find that this is what I want for covering up spots, small blemishes and redness. I also find it useful on under-eye circles but perhaps it could be better at this. It is so much better than the MAC concealer I was using previously. I find that I am able to match the colour to perfectly match my skin tone. I'm also pleased with how long this lasts, I have been using for 3 months and it is nowhere near finishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by MrsDelax

I suffer with breakouts, so to me, this is a lifesaver! I don't use under my eyes as it is dry, but for the coverage it gives me on my latest zit, i can deal with that. I'm only sorry I never found it sooner!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

like the other user said, its not good for under eyes. its so thick and dry it is almost impossible to apply. I literally have to heat it up at my heater at home so i can apply it. Its great for blemishes but who the hell wants to pay 40$ for canceler JUST for blemishes? I don't think so.