Clinique High Impact Duo in Like Mink

4.2

on 11/3/2008 12:24:00 PM

This eyeshadow is what I wear everyday. I love it because it makes my boring, brown eyes stand out. Everyone always comments on how pretty it looks. My mom even had to get some. I actually wore this eyeshadow on my wedding day. It's neutral and simple but dramatic and mysterious at the same time. I've been wearing this for four or five years and will continue to wear it.

I quite like this duo, the colours are very wearable and are great to blend, too. I do find that they crease after a couple of hours wear but if you're happy to put a wash of a bit more shadow on every couple of hours, you won't have creasing, and you won't look too overdone either. But that's the beauty of subtle colours like these! I've only given it a 3 for packaging quality because I can't stand the green marble look!

This eye shadow is one of the best i've used!

the brown shade i use to lightly fill in my eyebrows. it's natural looking.
the cream, pearly, taupe shade i use dry under my brows or wet to line the eyes!

the best things about both of these shades are: they are natural looking and they stay all day! not many eyeshadows stay that long!

i first tried it in a sample, but then bought it. it's one of my makeup faves.

on 6/26/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite combo ever - I saw it on the Clinique girl and asked her to put it on me. Makes your eyes pop yet is still natural enough for during the day!. love it.

on 5/6/2008 3:57:00 AM

Pros: Love how this looks against my Asian skin. It's a nice, neutral, everyday color that I can blend and mix with other shades.

Cons: Like most Clinique eyeshadows, does not have much staying power. Creases a bit after a long day, even with a base.

on 4/30/2008 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got these in a GWP, these two colors are really pretty. I most likely would buy it once I run out since these colors are neutral yet its shimmery and I would recommend it because they look good on any skintone.

on 3/15/2008 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I use this everyday. The brown is the perfect shade for using as a subtle eyeliner. The ivory color is great for brow bones, cheeks, inner corner of eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

From reading the comments before me, I suppose this shade duo has moved onto the Color Surge type - I can't say if this is good or bad, since I've never tried Clinique's Color Surge line.
However, I DO like this shadow duo!
I have somewhat light brown eyes and I don't like to wear anything too dramatic during the day, so this is perfect for me. It comes in the coolest packaging (slightly translucent white case, slides out to reveal a subtly shimmery champagne white and rich brown with flecks of gold shades, with two spongy applicators). I use the light shade under my brows and sometimes near the inner corners of my eyes, while I use the brown shade near my crease. If I'm feeling more dramatic, I'll apply more brown until I get a nice smokey eyes effect. It's not too intense for everyday, but it definitely puts a little oomph! in my makeup. The brown is the prettiest shade and I love how it's sparkly but not too much - it's perfect.
I have a slight crease (i'm asian) and my eyelids tend to get oily, so I have to put on Urban Decay's eye primer before applying this on otherwise it'll crease.
I tend to not be very loyal to products, always trying out the next thing, but this is one of the rare buys I will purchase again and again.

on 10/10/2007 11:54:00 PM

This is the shadow I ALWAYS reach for when I'm going after a more natural or neutral look for work/daytime. I LOVE the darker shade for my crease along with a teal color on my lid, with the lightest shade on the browbone. I recommend this combo if you have brown eyes. A Clinique SA showed me the look about 3 years ago and I still do it from time to time. I wish they gave you more of the darker shade...it is very tiny and I find that I run out very fast. It is such a beutiful cocoa-bronze and it blends like a DREAM! I will purchase again and again!

on 9/14/2007 11:31:00 AM

Please see the updated listing for Clinique Colour Surge duo ( the new formula of this product). I'll repeat my review here, but remember, this is a new product sharing a color name with an old one!

"This is the new formulation of an old Clinique color combo. The new Colour Surge formula is WAY WAY better than their old ones. This duo is my go-to daily eye shadow combo. You get a nice sparkly tan/champagne base with a shimmery chocolate brown accent color. The shadow goes on well and blends very nicely into a creamy ombre of tones. I always use a base under any eyeshadow (Clinique touch base, MAC paints, or something similar) and with use of a base this lasts ALL day. The shades are neutral enough to go with almost any eyeliner. I often pair them with a shimmery plummy brown or a dark violet for my hazel green/gold/brown eyes. I just can't say enough nice things about this product. If you only remember the old Clinique shadows in the silver slide trays, do yourself a favor and check out their new stuff!"