Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow

3.8

on 1/19/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PROS: it's great for those with dry skin and can't wear powder products very much. That's the reason why I looked into buying a cream blush. No offensive smell, stays on till you remove makeup (ie: color won't fade).

CONS: hard to blend and get used to applying the product without looking as though you've got a concentration of blush on your cheeks in one spot; in Canada, there are now only 2 color selections. Does this mean it will phase this out of the market soon?

I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this but it was on a major sale during Christmas. Just looked up the price at London Drugs and it's $11.99 CDN b4 taxes at regular price.

on 11/26/2010 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I just spotted Revlon cream blush in Rosy Glow (09) when I
thought I would be buying Dr Hauschka in 02, but the store was all out of Dr H (and I'll still probably get it- I tried it; it's a brighter pink, and it's a powder, but it gives me the same healthy, flattering, and natural flush that I'm looking for)
So short story long here, I bought this Revlon and I like it well enough. Mainly because it seems to be a goof-proof creme blush; it's just the right kindof color for easy application- on me, anyway- you can see it, but it's not like a streak-of-pigment-see- it's just a...it's a rosy glow. (They finally got a name right.)

I used a very very light touch (fingers) and rubbed it where I wanted glow, and to see what it looked like in different places. The extra advantage of this blush, I think, is that it contours definitely, but subtly.
Mind you, I've only just got it, and I'm wearing it for the first time, and it's not daylight, so I can't be 100% on its seeming perfection, but so far, so very good- I will update if there is a major change.
UPDATE: occasionally can look a bit too...cakey's too strong, but "visible texture" I guess, as the hours go by. I haven't been using it because of that, and I wear EL DW or DW light, so I think it will all be "too much" together. I've knocked off a couple of lippies because it doesn't wear as well as I originally thought it did. Unless I "rediscover it" (who knows, it might be what I need during the summer) I probably wouldn't buy again.

on 11/24/2010 11:08:00 PM

I liked this, seeing as it applied sheer and a lovely rose colour. Looked natural, though I prefer Revlon's Barely Buff colour which acts as a bronzer/blush/contour. It blends well (I used a Quo blush brush) though a flatter cream blush brush would have probably picked and applied product better. I don't like the circular shape of the tin though - the brush picks out the middle and leaves tricky rings of product as you wear it down. I end up struggling to get the remainder of the product on the brush. Overall, nice consistency (really velvet), a nice price especially when even slightly discounted, and lasts for a couple months. Colour is a wee bit intense on my SUPER!pale skin, but otherwise would be good for all skintones if you built it up to the right consistency. Also, careful to apply to cheeks and not entire side of face. You'll look like you did some heavy lifting (;

on 11/12/2010 10:25:00 PM

I love how natural it looks on my skin! The product is pretty sheer so, you can never really over-apply, but the blush is very build-able. I love the mirror the product comes with too :). A good dupe for mac's creamblush in lasyblush :D

on 11/5/2010 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This color does not look good on my pale skin.I really like a light pink glow and I think this was to dark. I like the texture and packaging, the mirror idea was really cool. It is expensive for a drugstore product. I will probably give this to a friend or family member who can give it use, because I know I will not.

on 10/16/2010 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The texture of the blush was nice, I just didn't like the color on me. Watch out though, because (for me) a little went a long way.

on 10/4/2010 3:37:00 PM

First I love the packaging. I like that it has a pop out mirror that way it stays clean. I like that I can see the color without opening it up. The pigmentation is good. The texture is good. It blends well and it doesn't slip and slide on your face. It adds a nice healthy glow to your face. Inexpensive when on bogo. Nice colors to chose from. I would repurchase.

This is my first cream blush and I have to say I love it especially in the summer and fall for that "dewy" look. I like to set this with a blush on top, so i still have that rosy glow... definitely repurchasing

on 8/2/2010 8:19:00 AM

It's a nice pink color, without being awkward on your cheeks. It can be worn by anyone. The only thing is on my oily skin, it didn't stick very well. Even on top of my foundation. I suppose it would work on powder but I don't like that look. Maybe try if you have oily skin, and it's totally worth it if you have dryer skin.

This product is amazing. Great as a blush, super long lasting and gives me a very pale pink and natural looking glow. What I also love about it is that it doubles as a lipcolor! This is everything I've been looking for in a blush!!!

Popular Blush Products