MAC Lustre Capricious

4.2

on 2/10/2011 8:13:00 PM

My lips are already pretty pigmented (plum) and I wanted a lipstick that enhanced its natural color. This was perfect and it looks very natural. It wasn't drying on me but I have to reapply it more often than I'd like.

on 2/6/2011 5:10:00 PM

Absolutely love the color. It's my natural lip color only on steroids. Problem though is it that like other MAC lustre lipsticks it is very drying on my lips. I literally can feel it sucking the moisture out of my lips. I try so hard to like the lustre lipsticks because the colors are so great, but I just can't get over the dryness. The only reason I would buy this again is because I really like the color.

on 2/5/2011 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wish I had known about this colour sooner. It is my new HG! It looks frightening in the tube but when it's on, it is such a beautiful fresh and plummy lip colour. It is definitely MLBB kind of colour. To me, it's like a lighter, sweeter version of revlon rose velvet. Great for everyday wear :)

on 12/14/2010 6:59:00 PM

I have trouble pulling off "plum" colours and I was quite hesitant purchasing this shade as it looks quite plummy/purple in the tube. On my lips it shows up as a beautiful, glossy, and sheer berry rose colour. Looks fantastic on my complexion and works well with many make-up looks. The formula is so smooth and buttery and never drying. The only down fall is it doesn't wear long and needs to be re-applied constantly.

on 11/14/2010 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lovely plum red color, bleeds like most mac lustres in dark colors, so you need lip liner.

on 10/28/2010 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first ever lipstick from Mac! Lovely sheer plummy/rosy color. A little heads up on the lustre finish - needs quite a few swipes to show up. I haven't used it in ages simply because I've grown out of the "something a bit different than my natural lip color but strictly on the plummy side" phase, but I still find it beautiful and flattering on both pale and medium skintones, as well as suitable for all ages. Can be worn every day for a classy, polished look, or on a night out paired with a neutral or smoky eye. Also tends to make your teeth appear slightly whiter due to its blue-ish undertones, and has this glamorous glossy look to it that looks like you actually went through the trouble of topping it off with a matching lip-gloss. Recommended.

I don't wear lipstick too often but since purchasing this lipstick about a month ago, I have been wearing it every time I step out. It looks dark but it's a Lustre formula so it is just a nice healthy-looking hint of color on me. It is moisturizing & has a nice shine. The only reason why I didn't give it a perfect score is because it doesn't lasting power and it's on the pricier side for me.

on 8/14/2010 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I grab this because the packaging is cool for me, and the texture seems nice. At first Im a bit dissapointed with the color because for some reasons it doesnt match my skin tone >< But after I experimented with lipgloss, it looks so good!^^ Maybe will see diff colors for next purchase :p

on 8/8/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For me, this is a GREAT colour. It's quite a change from my usual favourites - Craving and Plumful, which are more on the plum/pink/rose side. Capricious really looks like makeup - looks like you've gone to the trouble of really applying lipstick but it's not harsh or overdone looking - just finished and kinda glam. And I find the staying power to be quite good - perhaps because when it wears off, it still leaves a nice, even stain behind that still looks like "something" - it still looks flattering. This is a staple for me and if MAC discontinues it, I will probably buy half a dozen back-ups.

on 6/28/2010 10:16:00 PM

Beautiful color but terrible staying power!! Gone after an hour- anyone know of a comparable color in the SATIN formulation???

Popular Lipsticks