July 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have trouble pulling off "plum" colours and I was quite hesitant purchasing this shade as it looks quite plummy/purple in the tube. On my lips it shows up as a beautiful, glossy, and sheer berry rose colour. Looks fantastic on my complexion and works well with many make-up looks. The formula is so smooth and buttery and never drying. The only down fall is it doesn't wear long and needs to be re-applied constantly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely plum red color, bleeds like most mac lustres in dark colors, so you need lip liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

My first ever lipstick from Mac! Lovely sheer plummy/rosy color. A little heads up on the lustre finish - needs quite a few swipes to show up. I haven't used it in ages simply because I've grown out of the "something a bit different than my natural lip color but strictly on the plummy side" phase, but I still find it beautiful and flattering on both pale and medium skintones, as well as suitable for all ages. Can be worn every day for a classy, polished look, or on a night out paired with a neutral or smoky eye. Also tends to make your teeth appear slightly whiter due to its blue-ish undertones, and has this glamorous glossy look to it that looks like you actually went through the trouble of topping it off with a matching lip-gloss. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

I don't wear lipstick too often but since purchasing this lipstick about a month ago, I have been wearing it every time I step out. It looks dark but it's a Lustre formula so it is just a nice healthy-looking hint of color on me. It is moisturizing & has a nice shine. The only reason why I didn't give it a perfect score is because it doesn't lasting power and it's on the pricier side for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by BarbieJunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I grab this because the packaging is cool for me, and the texture seems nice. At first Im a bit dissapointed with the color because for some reasons it doesnt match my skin tone >< But after I experimented with lipgloss, it looks so good!^^ Maybe will see diff colors for next purchase :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For me, this is a GREAT colour. It's quite a change from my usual favourites - Craving and Plumful, which are more on the plum/pink/rose side. Capricious really looks like makeup - looks like you've gone to the trouble of really applying lipstick but it's not harsh or overdone looking - just finished and kinda glam. And I find the staying power to be quite good - perhaps because when it wears off, it still leaves a nice, even stain behind that still looks like "something" - it still looks flattering. This is a staple for me and if MAC discontinues it, I will probably buy half a dozen back-ups.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by fkrowitz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color but terrible staying power!! Gone after an hour- anyone know of a comparable color in the SATIN formulation???

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

I picked this up today because they were out of Sophisto. It's ok plummy lustre but it doesn't have the sheen that Sophisto has, which is what I love about it, I'll keep it and wear it but it's not a replacement for my HG Sophisto.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mg86

A very pretty, wearable lipstick. I do not find the lustre formula drying in the least and like the vanilla scent. When I first opened the tube I was a bit intimidated by the how plum this looks, but it goes on quite lightly and finishes to a nice berry shade - natural and very flattering. The only downside to this lipstick is that it just does not last on me - after about three hours it is completely gone from my lips. This looks great with fuchsia gloss layered over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by halimeade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This lippie looks SUPER plum in the stick, but goes on me as a lovely berry color. I have very pigmented lips anyway, so Capricious is the perfect 'my lips but better' color with a bit of drama. Great it you prefer to draw attention to your mouth rather than your eyes, as I do.

I love Lustre lipsticks in general. The formula isn't nearly as drying as most lipsticks are for me. I still have the slather on balm before I apply the lipsticks, but after that it manages to stay moist and, well, lustrous.

Would definitely buy again. Huzzah!