MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my MLBB shade. I wear it when I just want to run out of the house without thinking of what would look good with everything else I'm wearing. Plus with the lustre formula im not standing in front of the mirror forever trying to get the lines straight haha. It's one of my favorites.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE the color of this lipstick. I wear it with MAC half-red l/l and a coat of C-Thru gloss on top. So pretty. My only complaint is it just doesn't last. I find myself re-applying way too often. Again the color is gorgeous and I love the lustre formula. Maybe I should skip the gloss and it will last longer? I'm on the fence about re-purchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. Gives just enough color to complete a neutral look to brighten up my face :) Not too bright or too nude...just right :) Plus I love the lustre formula, very moisturizing and gives off a nice sheen.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful colour and great formula. Recommended for me by MAC make up artist for my cool medium skin tone and it is great. Formula is great - glossy and moisturizing.

My lips are already pretty pigmented (plum) and I wanted a lipstick that enhanced its natural color. This was perfect and it looks very natural. It wasn't drying on me but I have to reapply it more often than I'd like.

Absolutely love the color. It's my natural lip color only on steroids. Problem though is it that like other MAC lustre lipsticks it is very drying on my lips. I literally can feel it sucking the moisture out of my lips. I try so hard to like the lustre lipsticks because the colors are so great, but I just can't get over the dryness. The only reason I would buy this again is because I really like the color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wish I had known about this colour sooner. It is my new HG! It looks frightening in the tube but when it's on, it is such a beautiful fresh and plummy lip colour. It is definitely MLBB kind of colour. To me, it's like a lighter, sweeter version of revlon rose velvet. Great for everyday wear :)

I have trouble pulling off "plum" colours and I was quite hesitant purchasing this shade as it looks quite plummy/purple in the tube. On my lips it shows up as a beautiful, glossy, and sheer berry rose colour. Looks fantastic on my complexion and works well with many make-up looks. The formula is so smooth and buttery and never drying. The only down fall is it doesn't wear long and needs to be re-applied constantly.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lovely plum red color, bleeds like most mac lustres in dark colors, so you need lip liner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first ever lipstick from Mac! Lovely sheer plummy/rosy color. A little heads up on the lustre finish - needs quite a few swipes to show up. I haven't used it in ages simply because I've grown out of the "something a bit different than my natural lip color but strictly on the plummy side" phase, but I still find it beautiful and flattering on both pale and medium skintones, as well as suitable for all ages. Can be worn every day for a classy, polished look, or on a night out paired with a neutral or smoky eye. Also tends to make your teeth appear slightly whiter due to its blue-ish undertones, and has this glamorous glossy look to it that looks like you actually went through the trouble of topping it off with a matching lip-gloss. Recommended.

Recommended for Medium Skin