December 20, 2014 | 1021 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

5th Avenue is a pleasant surprise. Not just another generic fruity floral. This scent has wonderful green notes which give it immediate depth that other scents lack these days. 5th Ave smells classy and classic.
I love the drydown on this. Florals and greens meld with Tibetan musk and sandalwood, mysterious but not overwhelmingly so. Thus; this remains appropriate for day wear but interesting enough for evening wear. Quite accomplished for a fairly inexpensive scent.
I highly recommend this scent for ladies of almost any age for almost any occasion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Price- this perfume is expensive, as every high-end fragrance ought to be.

Packaging- the unmistakable golden skyscraper with the square frosted glass cap. amazingly simple, amazingly classy, will definitely look amazing on every vanity because of the perfect combo-the golden liquid inside combines perfectly with the simplicity of the design. i honestly think this is the most beautiful, elegant and functional perfume flacon. i've used a ton of perfumes so far but none impressed me in terms of design like this one did.
i also like the fact that the bottle is not embossed (though i don't know if it wouldn't actually look even better) but displays a little 'label' with the 5th avenue name on it...in red letters. very elegant.

the scent- now ladies. time to have a little talk.
i'm not a professional, not at all. i don't own half of what other fashionistas/makeup girls own because i am on a student budget and can't afford it. but if there's anything i can honestly say, it would be that i DO know scents. i go shopping every day, even if it's just for fun, window shopping you know, and i always sniff and sniff and sniff perfumes...been doing this since the sixth grade. i couldn't always afford buying what i liked, as i said, but i got ' the knowledge', so to speak.

nothing infuriates and pleases me more than reading the comments that have been written here for this fragrance. it pleases me because well...we all like our scents to be unique and if not so many girls will wear this perfume, then it means i'm going to be the only one having it. in my circle of friends and colleagues nobody has even heard of it, so thumbs up for me.

now for the 'anger' part (lol!)- girls...this perfume is NOT generic. Dolce & Gabbana IS, Dior IS, Chanel IS, anything else is, but this one. how many scents can you compare this with?? i'll honestly tell you, none. i have never encountered another fragrance that can be compared with this one, ever. it is unique, elegant and impressive.

i can't stand when everybody gets the same perfume just because someone else is using it. that's just silly. this perfume, as i mentioned, is something that will grant you uniqueness and have people ask you what you're wearing.

the scent...i can describe it as a mixture of ice cold water, warm honey and a field of flowers....spring and summer flowers, freesias, lilies, orchids, a couple of roses...it is not sweet, it is not fresh, it's both. this is the only perfume i cannot categorize in a sweet or fresh group as it can be both. many reviewers observed it's 'versatile'- exactly because it can be worn at any occasion, with any outfit, any moment of the day or night.

my male friends LOVE it and my ex used to ask me to buy it every time i'd mention i wanted to get a new fragrance! ALL of my male friends say it's special and one of a kind.

the scent is warm and gives me the impression of 'woman'. Not the Paris Hilton woman kind of thing you get with D&G's The One for example, of Miss Dior Cherie (EVERYBODY has it, every bimbo with silicone and extensions, because they've heard it's 'hot'). Not the puckered up old British lady woman you get with Chanel no.5 or Chance (that perfume is ROUGH, smells like wood, would work great on an old lady who smokes, the harsh lines work great with the acidity of tobacco).
5th avenue is Jackie Kennedy and Grace Kelly with a hint of Marylin Monroe. It's chic, first of all, elegant, timeless, classy, not overbearing at all yet it does appear as a signature...everybody asks me what i'm wearing and they all love it.

It is a feminine fragrance that was created to work with the heat of your body. this is the only perfume i've been constantly repurchasing since i was in highschool and have gone through MANY bottles so far.
it's not something of a statement. it's not a 'specific', particular fragrance you'd wear only once or twice and then forget about it because it was nothing more than a 'cool' and interesting fragrance.
this fragrance is like a diamond- forever.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by areejs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like others have already pointed out, the scent is quite generic and doesn't stand out, that's the only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. However, that doesn't mean it doesn't smell good! It smells wonderful! Younger women will be attracted to its sweet floral scent, while older women will like its subtle elegance. The fact that this perfume can suit women of all ages, is perhaps one of it's best qualities, however, at the same time, this is what makes the perfume smell generic as well

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Mary8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was drawn to 5th avenue a while back while I was going through a phase where all the heavier perfumes I usually love were making me nauseous (hormones?). This is a very simple, pretty floral and for some reason I really liked it at the time, although the phase didn't last long and I didn't use much of it. I still can't say anything bad about it, it's pretty and clean smelling and, as others have said, safe. But it bores me now. It even stands apart from the other fragrances on my dresser as it doesn't fit in (sad) :). Picture a very clean, well scrubbed preppy girl at a party with a bunch of old, worldly dames, elegant ladies and femme fatales. I may end up using on a very hot day in the summer, or I may just pass it along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I am sorry but I don't know the top notes and low notes on fragrances, but what I know is that I love using this in the summer. It's very flowery and summery on me and I received quite a few compliments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance. My mother gave it to me this year for my 18th birthday. She said that a few years ago she saw a young woman pass her by and she noticed this scent. My mother rushed/stalked the girl and asked her what she was wearing. My ma told me that the girl was wearing this. She said that this type of fragrance conjured up thoughts about me, and she could see me wearing this and it being a part of me. I remember her skipping the phone bill for the month so she could buy me this and her huge smile when she saw that I loved it.

It is an elegant and sophisticated fragrance with just the right amount of innocence. It is warm and strong when you spray it on, but then it dries down to a sexy scent. I don't know a lot about fragrance but I definitely smell some vanilla and musk here, but not overpowering. There's also hints of a powdery, almost baby lotion type smell and amber. It falls in all fragrance genres if you ask me, it has floral/woodsy/oriental/fresh tones in it. Which is great for people like me who either like everything or can't make up their minds too easily.

The packaging is a very simple emerald cut bottle with a frosty plastic cap with curves towards the mouth. It is very beautiful and can easily make a desk or a vanity look expensive. It is easy to hold and to close. And one doesn't have to worry about it knocking down other bottles or it taking too much precious space.

I think this is a great fragrance for young women my age. It's not as sweet as most teens would prefer but not pretending and strong as more "mature" scents. It has that "I'm young and I wanna have fun" but also "I'm also intelligent,caring, self-assuring and strong while still finding my way around the edges" kinda thing. It lasts a long time. I remember playing basketball and still smelling like I had just put this on after 8hrs! It can get heavy and sharp if you spray it in very distinct places like I once did ( I sprayed it in the zipper of my pants because it was "D-Day" and it smelled something close to YSL's Opium!). I wear it day and night and people give me compliments head and back. It has a way of scenting the air about you and becoming part of your chemistry as well.

Men of all ages LOVE this. Seriously. In my physics class my teacher once said I was "a rose surrounded by thorns, and if he were only 50 years younger he would have loved to pluck me out of the garden I came out of!". He said the fragrance smelled quite becoming to him. One guy friend once commented how this made me smell like a girl and not like candy. He said it made his mouth water (yes, I was ridiculously nervous when he said this). And the owner of the local Chinese store practically recognizes me because of this fragrance. This fragrance has brought me so many surprising moments in the 3 months I've had it. It is the first fragrance that I could say was mine and I truly adore it. Hopefully you will love it and it will adore you as well.

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by bs0u31c3

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift from my mom... Its a nice floral perfume abit too oldish for me but it grew on me.. It lasts as well. I only use this when im lounging about at home... I will not re-purchase though...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by smoothchocolat

Don't waste your money. This is a plain, non descript scent which has nothing to make it stand out. It has a sharpness to it that is neither nice nor remarkable. Spray a bit on your skin and you will see that it's nothing spectacular. I don't think you'd smell nice wearing this at all. Images this conjures - sharp, acrid, cheap, shampoo, soap. It's hard to describe, that's how unremarkable it is. Very, very cheap smelling scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

My first 'grown up' scent... brings back memories of my 20's (sigh)
I still like the fragrance but I said no that I would not buy it again not because its terrible but I think that I've moved on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by happymom2006

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a 150ml bottle of this from my sister in law. I don't like floral scents, they give me headache and this one surely did... BUT since I get compliments for its smell AND my husband likes the scent so much, I was encouraged to continue using the perfume. In fairness, I ended up liking it. It lasts through the day, fades off a little as the day progresses but is very much still there. It's best worn on day time.