July 30, 2014 | 1799 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - 5th Avenue

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Mary8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was drawn to 5th avenue a while back while I was going through a phase where all the heavier perfumes I usually love were making me nauseous (hormones?). This is a very simple, pretty floral and for some reason I really liked it at the time, although the phase didn't last long and I didn't use much of it. I still can't say anything bad about it, it's pretty and clean smelling and, as others have said, safe. But it bores me now. It even stands apart from the other fragrances on my dresser as it doesn't fit in (sad) :). Picture a very clean, well scrubbed preppy girl at a party with a bunch of old, worldly dames, elegant ladies and femme fatales. I may end up using on a very hot day in the summer, or I may just pass it along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I am sorry but I don't know the top notes and low notes on fragrances, but what I know is that I love using this in the summer. It's very flowery and summery on me and I received quite a few compliments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance. My mother gave it to me this year for my 18th birthday. She said that a few years ago she saw a young woman pass her by and she noticed this scent. My mother rushed/stalked the girl and asked her what she was wearing. My ma told me that the girl was wearing this. She said that this type of fragrance conjured up thoughts about me, and she could see me wearing this and it being a part of me. I remember her skipping the phone bill for the month so she could buy me this and her huge smile when she saw that I loved it.

It is an elegant and sophisticated fragrance with just the right amount of innocence. It is warm and strong when you spray it on, but then it dries down to a sexy scent. I don't know a lot about fragrance but I definitely smell some vanilla and musk here, but not overpowering. There's also hints of a powdery, almost baby lotion type smell and amber. It falls in all fragrance genres if you ask me, it has floral/woodsy/oriental/fresh tones in it. Which is great for people like me who either like everything or can't make up their minds too easily.

The packaging is a very simple emerald cut bottle with a frosty plastic cap with curves towards the mouth. It is very beautiful and can easily make a desk or a vanity look expensive. It is easy to hold and to close. And one doesn't have to worry about it knocking down other bottles or it taking too much precious space.

I think this is a great fragrance for young women my age. It's not as sweet as most teens would prefer but not pretending and strong as more "mature" scents. It has that "I'm young and I wanna have fun" but also "I'm also intelligent,caring, self-assuring and strong while still finding my way around the edges" kinda thing. It lasts a long time. I remember playing basketball and still smelling like I had just put this on after 8hrs! It can get heavy and sharp if you spray it in very distinct places like I once did ( I sprayed it in the zipper of my pants because it was "D-Day" and it smelled something close to YSL's Opium!). I wear it day and night and people give me compliments head and back. It has a way of scenting the air about you and becoming part of your chemistry as well.

Men of all ages LOVE this. Seriously. In my physics class my teacher once said I was "a rose surrounded by thorns, and if he were only 50 years younger he would have loved to pluck me out of the garden I came out of!". He said the fragrance smelled quite becoming to him. One guy friend once commented how this made me smell like a girl and not like candy. He said it made his mouth water (yes, I was ridiculously nervous when he said this). And the owner of the local Chinese store practically recognizes me because of this fragrance. This fragrance has brought me so many surprising moments in the 3 months I've had it. It is the first fragrance that I could say was mine and I truly adore it. Hopefully you will love it and it will adore you as well.

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by bs0u31c3

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this as a gift from my mom... Its a nice floral perfume abit too oldish for me but it grew on me.. It lasts as well. I only use this when im lounging about at home... I will not re-purchase though...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by smoothchocolat

Don't waste your money. This is a plain, non descript scent which has nothing to make it stand out. It has a sharpness to it that is neither nice nor remarkable. Spray a bit on your skin and you will see that it's nothing spectacular. I don't think you'd smell nice wearing this at all. Images this conjures - sharp, acrid, cheap, shampoo, soap. It's hard to describe, that's how unremarkable it is. Very, very cheap smelling scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

My first 'grown up' scent... brings back memories of my 20's (sigh)
I still like the fragrance but I said no that I would not buy it again not because its terrible but I think that I've moved on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by happymom2006

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a 150ml bottle of this from my sister in law. I don't like floral scents, they give me headache and this one surely did... BUT since I get compliments for its smell AND my husband likes the scent so much, I was encouraged to continue using the perfume. In fairness, I ended up liking it. It lasts through the day, fades off a little as the day progresses but is very much still there. It's best worn on day time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will never forget the Golden Gate Temple in Japan, and this reminds me of that place so much!
When I saw the temple, it was morning. The trees were all shades of fire, and the temple was lit by the sun, golden and glorious, reflected in the serene lake surrounding it.
Very cheerful and tranquil, but it has a definite warmth (vanilla) and fire (amber) to it that gives it poise. It's got a grand & rich feeling, but because of that floral sweetness, it balances out. Very understated & pretty.
Aishwarya Rai once did a gorgeous bunch of ads for Longines, where the tagline was "Elegance is an attitude." I think that applies to this perfume, too.
Reviewers are saying that it is safe, which just means it will appeal to all sorts of people--your boyfriend, your facialist, various waiters. It leaves a subtle whisper of charm wherever you go. Its charm is in its simplicity.
It doesn't suit my personality, I've realized..but I DO wear it occasionally, & would definitely repurchase as a gift for an acquaintance who likes simple, subtle fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

This is really a nice fragrance it is classy and smells expensive but it is reasonably priced at Tj Maxx a 4.2 oz costs 20 dollars! So cheap for a huge bottle I really like this purchase because the size is big and it is a pretty slender classy looking bottle! This is my Chanel because Chanel is too expensive and I could buy it but I'd rather buy a bunch of perfumes for the price of one bottle of Chanel! I like variety and I like to try new scents and I like this one it smells sweet creamy and vanilla with alot of lilac in it and I think lilacs smell so good! Well all in all this will be one perfume that I would always like to have on my dresser it is so affordable and smells so good and lasts too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Dominoangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this, I don't wear it a much as I used to, but it smells very good on me. Sweet, rich, floral, I like it and so do most people who smell it on me.