Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 12/23/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this lotion! My mom's a quilter, and she always had a tub of this around because it's stainless and she could put it on her hands before quilting. I cross stitch, so this is a great product for me to use when my hands are dry but I still want to work on a project. It smells a bit medicinal, but it's a great moisturizer and goes on smooth. I'll probably be buying this for the rest of my life.

This is the best cream/lotion that I have ever used! My skin is perfectly fine in the summer but in the winter it dries out badly, especially my hands. They get painful and can even crack and bleed. I've tried so many hand creams over the years and they got the job done but they've all been sticky and leave me feeling like my hands are coated with grease. I think it must be the glycerin in them because I can't tolerate it in facial skincare either. This contains no glycerin, and it is soft and creamy like everyone has said - the perfect texture. It does sink right in and keeps my hands moisturized for most of the day. I bought this in the large size because I couldn't find the small tube and it's so good that I've been lugging it around in my purse ever since.
UPDATE: This lotion definitely does its job, but the scent really got to me after a while. Minus one lippie for that. If they come out with an unscented version I'll give it another try for sure.

on 10/10/2008 9:14:00 AM

Alright texture, moisturizes somewhat well but tends to wear off. Didn't like the fragrance, or the fact that it contains lanolin.

on 5/10/2008 4:48:00 PM

This is hands down the best moisturizing lotion that I have ever used in my life! My skins just DRINKS it in. The lotion can be slightly runny, but I still prefer it to the cream in the tub. The only downside is that I am not all that found of the scent...it's not horrible or overpowering in any way, just not my favorite. That said, the scent is fairly mild and does not seem to last very long at all. Besides, I usually use this when my hands are very dry, and then layer my favorite scented lotion over it. I would recommend this lotion to anyone needing real moisturizing without the feel of heavy creams.

on 4/25/2008 3:52:00 PM

Moisturizes well, but way too liquidy/runny and the scent was migraine-inducing. I used it on my legs, not sure if that makes a difference in my opinion of this product - ladies who are using it on their hands seem to love it.

on 3/5/2008 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this! I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it, but for once it wasn't through an MUA review or rec! I just bought it in the tub (I wanted to squeezy tube but couldn't find it). I'm SO impressed there are hardly any words! Thank god for this though! For the first time my hands are getting rough and flaky this winter season (never happened before) and I bought a different hand cream that worked, but left my hands feeling greasy and nasty. This stuff is SO light, leaves a nice light scent, and makes your hands feel smooth. It made me wonder if 1) all cows have soft, nice smelling teats and 2) if farmers have smooth nice smelling hands from rubbing it in...hahaha--well either way i'll definitely be buying again, and I'll only ever be buying THIS! $3.99 for a huge tub of something that actually works to perfection?! I think YES!!!

I bought this based on the reviews..and its awesome. Probably the best hand moisturizer I've ever used! I bought it in the tub..and I was so happy that its not greasy and sinks right in. I hate slippery greasy hands. My cuticles were the first place I noticed an amazing change..instead of dry cracked and peeling..they are now soft supple and beautiful. This stuff is dirt cheap for a big ol' tub. I'm not crazy about the scent...kind of smells like old rose petals to me, I'll give it 4 lippies because of that. EDIT--I've had an allergic reaction to this and I am so bummed! My hands and forearms started to itch after I smeared this on for about the 3rd time...and now I have little itchy blisters! However, that seems to really only happen on my arms--wierd. I did get a tattoo on my ankle and this was PERFECT for keeping it moisturized during healing.

on 1/18/2008 6:48:00 PM

Mmm(ooo)!! I love Udderly Smooth! I had forgotten about it until I saw it under the Unlisted Brands category, and I remember a few years ago I used quite a bit on my hands in the fall and winter. I did so because I was living at home at the time, and my little brother and sister have excema. Tubs of this stuff were scattered around the house, as my mom found that their skin responded very well to its formula. It moisturizes wonderfully and leaves no greasiness - rather, my hands felt very clean, as if I had used a very gentle soap to wash them, but without the dryness that accompanies handwashing with soap. The smell was also clean. I remember being tickled by the fact that it was used on cow udders, too, which made it more weird, and more likeable as a product. I'm not giving it 5 lippies because I haven't actually used this product in a while, but now that my memory is refreshed, I just might do so soon!

on 1/3/2008 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily, sensitive skin that is also weirdly dry sometimes and sometimes turns blotchy, burning, and red. When it does, what do I reach for? This stuff! This is great all over as well as ON MY FACE. It comes in a tube and in a jar. I use the tube for my face, as the stuff in a tube seems less thick than the stuff in the jar. I was hesitant to put this on my face, as it has lanolin, and general wisdom says lanolin can irritate and/or cause breakouts. But in desperation one day I smeared it all over my face, including eye area, and I had instant relief with surprisingly non-shiny / non -greasy results. I put my make up on over it and I had no problem. Mind, you, I have had severe burning reactions to Aveeno ultra-calming cream. This udderly smooth stuff ( I call it "moo cream") instantly calmed, hydrated and protected my irritable face, and did NOT make it more oily. I must say, however, that I only use it when my face is irritated or dry. Other times my face is too oily for any moisturizer. Fantastic find.

on 9/17/2007 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the regular moisturizer that come in a small 12 oz tub and you get for like $3 at Trader Joe's. I love this stuff and can't believe there's no separate review for the moisturizer and not the hand cream. It's lightly scented, like a fresh floral smell, and has a pearl-like sheen to it in the tub but it disappears into skin nearly instantly with no lingering scent. It does wonders on dry skin, I use it on my feet and elbows, and my feet are usually really dry since I live in So. Cal and wear flip flops nearly year round. My heels don't ever crack or get rough since I use this stuff in the morning and evening. A tub isn't the most hygienic thing, but I just wash my hands before each use. Sometimes in the winter my skin gets really dry and I use this as all over moisturizer and it calms my skin wonderfully. I've even used it on my face a couple of times as a night cream, it makes my skin a little oily in the morning but doesn't break me out. It's simply one of the best, cheapest moisturizers you can get.