April 21, 2014 | 1315 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by xSarahMay

The best shampoo I've used. My hair feels very healthy, it calms down my irritated scalp and encourages my hair to grow. It smells amazing too! What more could you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by d33b4by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I only like using LUSH products on my body. I really do refuse to use anything else. This shampoo bar does not have the best smell. It smells very strongly of cinnamon. It makes my scalp feel tingly after I use it but overall I love the result. I don't even need conditioner. I am a fan for life.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This shampoo was a big disappointment. I have extremely oily hair, and the SA recommended this to me, saying it was a really deep cleaning shampoo. I do not agree. After washing my hair with New, I still felt like I had some oily residue left in my hair. It also made my hair really pouffy and dry.
Also, storing this is very tricky. It wasn't too bad in the beginning, but after a few days, the water residue on the bar made it start melting on it's own. I didn't even get more than a month's use out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Last year I picked this up, along with some other LUSH items for Mother's Day.. for my aunt.

She normally uses Herbal Essences and a Pantene conditioner.. followed by a wee bit of Herbal Essences hair gel to control flyaways

She was at first a little hesitant as it was quite fragrant.. when she tried it she was. IN. LOVE. This is now the ONLY hair product she uses! No more conditioner, no more hair gel/setting products, noooothin'! Her hair is so soft, manageable, no flyaways and is always lightly scented and looking like a fresh cut every day!

As a huge LUSH fan, I can say I love their solid shampoo bars (I have it in Karma!) and is a staple in the house :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why does it contain SLS? It is too agressive.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jacksxoxo

After using this every other day or so for a month, I am in love!
I have fine, very breakage prone hair...and after a few weeks of this I've noticed my hair has grown a lot faster (I can see because I have roots from dying my hair haha)
I usually am not a huge fan of LUSH shampoo bars, but this one gives nice volume and I LOVE the cinnamon smell :)

I do suggest using it with a thick conditioner though, because it can be a bit drying if you use it too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Kremenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like to write a negative review, but there it is. This bar does not work for me. It gives certain volume at first, but very soon (3-4 hours after washing) my hair suddenly starts to produce sebum. It is not a nice picture and I feel really bad. I suppose some of the natural ingredients are not suitable for my scalp. But that's the natural products on me - if they work, they are excellent; if they don't work - the result is bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by LivFormston1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really fine hair which takes a lot of dyeing and heat treating ever since I was 15. After three years, I noticed it was getting harder to grow, thinner, and breaking easier, so I tried New. I've only had it for a few weeks, but after the first wash, I was amazed. My hair felt and looked soooo shiny and thick. It is quite drying, so I use it with Retread triple strength conditioner and occasionally with Daddy-O violet shampoo (because I adore the smell :P) I personally hated the smell at first, but it really grows on you after you smell it every day. Really spicy and herbally. Have noticed less breakage and dry hair. The only problem for me are the bits of cinnamon that poke you in the scalp! But I found they were easy to pick out. It gives a really thick lather and leaves my hair feeling really clean. Love it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

overall: 4

Price: 2 ($10.95 CAN, but it should last a REALLY long time)

Packaging: 2 (I don't mind though, the tin is pretty cute)

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried this out based on a recommendation from my best friend. For reference, I am 25 years old, asian, and have fine, dark brown straight hair. My scalp gets quite greasy and I usually have to wash my hair everyday otherwise it's just gross.

I have always had fine hair and I do shed a lot -- but lately I've been finding I'm losing A LOT of hair, and I felt like I was actually kind of balding -- I think it might be from stress. I tried using thickening shampoos, cleansing conditioners... I know you're not supposed to wash your hair everyday, but I really CANNOT go a day without washing otherwise my hair is a greasy, stringy mess, and let's be honest - I do not feel clean or good about myself if I go out in public like that!

Back to New! solid shampoo --My friend said it was supposed to be good for regrowing new hair, and the lady at Lush said the same. I liked the smell at the store -- just like cinnamon heart candies. I find the smell quite faint, to be honest -- I wish it was a little stronger. But, that's ok. I like the concept of solid shampoos because I feel like we're getting a more "concentrated" product, and that might be well worth $10.95, rather than a bottle of shampoo that is at least 50% water. I also like that there is less environmental waste and such.

After I wet my hair, I run the bar over my head a few times and then I lather up and massage into my scalp -- it eats away oil, tingles very slightly on the scalp and then rinses clean, leaving practically no scent in my hair. I find that my hair becomes just a little dry if I use it on its own, so I use Jungle solid conditioner with it (very sparingly) and it controls frizzies.

I don't know if this shampoo is helping with my hair-loss/thinning problem, but I feel like my hair is thicker and lusher... and I'm now able to go with washing my hair every other day! I never could do that before! Also my hair has more volume too, which I never was able to get with regular shampoos. I am totally impressed with LUSH Solid shampoos and will continue to buy!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nikitasaboo3

Few months back i was attacked by a viral infection and i was forced to take steroids because of drug reaction.Steroids had a bad effect on my hair .they shed soo much ,infact my desk where i work would be covered with my hair.i tried many shampoos ,packs and changed my diet but nothing worked untill i used New! .Right from the 1st wash the hair fall halted.i can see my hair is more stronger now .i used it for 2 months continously and now wash with it evry other day. Super solution for hairfall. Downside it melts !! it melts !! i have to make sure that i dry this shampoo properly .It also a bit drying but my hair is very oily so its kind of a plus for me . i would recommend this to any one with hairfall due to harmonal changes