November 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by CodyP5279

I LOVE this cleanser. Using it just feels like such a treat for my skin. It's actually kind of a small bottle for the price, but I literally only need like a teeny tiny dot to wash my entire face in a huge lather, so I could see this lasting a very long time. The best thing about this cleanser is the texture, it just feels like silk on my skin. Its very thick, but really effortless to spread, and it lathers up the more water you add. Afterwards my skin feels ridiculously soft (as though I had just exfoliated) and this product is not abrasive, so that's impressive. I use it with the shiseido face brush (which is also amazing and I could go on for days about) but I have also just used my hands in a pinch. I would DEFINATELY reccomend this product to anyone. It just leaves my face feeling so clean and fresh and soft. This is the first face wash that made me feel pampered. I Love this whole line, and I think it's getting a bad reputation from all the people who are using it incorrectly. It seems a lot of people bought it to cure their acne, or scars, of oily skin. That is not what this line is for, and therefore they are disappointed. This line is to brighten skin from dark and age spots and to moisturizer dryer skin. If you have redness from acne and oily skin, this line is the opposite of what you need. I think they have unrealistic expectations for a product to do something that it doesn't even claim to do. For those problems I wouldn't recommend any shiseido products, I would reccomend proactive or Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by 3SillyJilly

I bought this in a trial kit. Ive always had problems with pigmentation. Acne proned skin. Its nice foamy and washes off squeeky clean. After couple months I didnt see drastic changes. But I did notice my face a little more even a little more white. I guess a little bit brighter.

But it does nothing for my acne. *Duh*

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by KandEandS

Used this for a couple of years hoping that it will brighten my complexion after too much sun exposure from military training but it took more than a year to take effect. Leaves the skin sqeaky clean though and lathers good. Also leaves face tight which isnt a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i actually LOVE this cleaser

PROS:
1. it makes my face squeaky clean
2. it does brighten my face
3. it leaves my face soft and smooth
4. love the scent
5. dont need much to cover a whole face because it foams up
6. price is worth the quantity, $35 when i got it

CONS:
1. im not sure.... :P

EDIT 10th march 2012
i still love this, but what i just realized is that after i put the cleanser on, i have to wait for about 1 minute so it lifts the make up off my face. kinda disappointed about that coz my h20 did a better work, but it does not leave my face squeaky. but i still love this:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw that this won the 2011 CEW award and decided toi give it a try. Well, it feels very luxurios and creamy...foams up great and it really feels like you are pampering yourself. Lovely rose sent and rinses clean giving you that squeaky clean feel. I don't know abut the brightening affect but it is a real treat and I look more forward to using this than the Cervae Foaming Cleanser. I would purchase it again, but at $38.00 as a treat, not as a 'must have' after all it is just a cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the all the products in this range hoping to fade my acne scars and to take care of my problematic skin in general. Well, none of the products from this line actually helped with lightening my pigmentation marks nor helped with clearing my acne but actually caused me to develop some black heads.
I was really disappointed because they shouldn't sell and market a product based on false claims.
Don't buy this with the hopes of brightening your skin tone because it doesn't do that. As for a normal cleanser, It's scores just average in my opinion.
If you're looking to brighten your complexion or fade marks on your face then I would suggest you try the line from dermologica (forgot what's it called), It's far more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by EyeLikeEich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser! It removes my make-up and leaves my skin nice and clean. I haven't noticed any brightening, but I wasn't expecting too much. A little product goes such a long way. Smells nice too:)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mchema

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very fair/dry/sensitive skin that is prone to freckle and show sun spots. Over the years I have tired other whitening products and have found them very harsh. I bought the basic three step in the White Lucent because I heard such great things. I was worried about the cleanser due to its foaming formulation. My skin does not do well with foams or gels. I generally use waterless face washes. After one use I knew this face wash was too much for me. My skin felt very tight and even turned red. I went back to my old face wash and have found the line more tolerable. I would not recommend this to someone with very reactive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by flora602

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been having acne problem for 20 years. I did not expect Shiseido to magically do anything to my skin, but after switching to Shiseido from Body shop for just a week, I and my friends and family noticed the difference. It cleared out my skin. I have a lot of acne marks that I know that I might not able to get rid of completely, but at least now I can conceal it successfully with just a light layer of foundation. My colleague, a guy even noticed the difference and seriously asked if I had a surgery or sth. lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by melikemochi

I've tried other Shiseido cleansers ( the skincare gentle and the regular one) and having been happy with those i thought id give this one a try too. I have combo skin and found this VERY drying. My skin feels dry and I can see dry flakes close up after using this. Granted, the weather has been dry lately but did not experience this with the other cleansers. I also did not see any whitening effect. Would NOT repurchase. Its such a huge tube and a little goes such a long. I was so certain I would like it and threw out the box once purchased. If you MUST try this product I recommend you keep the box/receipt if you purchase from Nordies/Sephora where they guarantee satisfaction.