August 22, 2014 | 920 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by okramer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I rarely write any reviews but had to about this product. This product is amazing!!! I can't get enough of it. I put it all over my face and body every night and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin. I also have KP and it helped tremendously. Besides rare cases as the one below (with extremely sensitive skin) this lotion will work wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My doctor recommended AmLactin to me for the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms. At first I used it intermittently and did not see any results. Recently I have begun to use it after every shower, and I definitely see an improvement on my KP. My arms feel much smoother, although the redness is still there. It definitely did not work right away, but I can tell that it's getting better the more I use it. So, to those who are wavering for lack of immediate results, I say stick with it for a bottle. Also, the smell reeks, but it disappears very quickly. All in all I'm happy so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by HotPink1000

I have KP on the backs of my arms and butt. I've asked doctors for a solution and they could not even tell me what it was. I figured it out with internet/magazines. This lotion showed results in the first week and now I've been using it for awhile and my arms have never been smoother. So happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by dnagirl

I use this on my feet and arms - I don't have KP, just dry skin. This really works to keep my feet and elbows gorgeous and smooth. Don't understand the comments about the smell. My tube has absolutely no smell at all. I think I may try it on my face next. It is very light feeling going on - but it definintely makes a difference. A bit pricey, but there are coupons to be had and the lady at Walgreens even gave me another one when made my last purchase. I will definintely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

I'm going to try something a little different with this review. I'm going to start off by explaining what I initially think about it, and then I'm going to come here week by week, to note any changes. A little about me, I normally don't use body moisturizer. There really is no need for me as I don't get dry. What I do need help with, is back acne. AHA is apparently wonderful for light to moderate cases of back acne. I'm using this product for that sole purpose. For face, and back acne. I just purchased AmLactin this afternoon. I just washed my face as normal, toned with Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel and then slathered this on my upper back, tops of shoulders, and a pea sized amount on my face. Initially I didn't think this product smelled too bad. I sniffed it from the bottle and it basically smelled like a slightly medicated lotion. I'm used to those smells. However when you put it on your body, the smell changes DRASTICALLY. I REEK of ammonia. I actually smell like a hair salon when they're dyeing someone's hair. It's a heavy ammonia smell coming off of my skin. It's been 10 minutes and I don't notice it fading. I also feel extremely sticky and tacky. I'm really not enjoying how this lotion feels. I do notice it starting to sink in, but the initial few minutes made me feel really gross. On my face I have a few acne, some which are open. This STINGS on broken skin... badly. Fortunately it faded fast, but it absolutely woke me up. I'm going to use this lotion every day for the next week. I will be back on November 16th with an update. ***I know I said I'd be back in a week, but the results are so drastic after 8 hours of sleeping that I had to post. I had extreme flaking on my face due to harsh facial washes I was using. All flakes are gone. The acne break out I had along my jaw line, although still there, is noticeably cleared and much smaller. My cheeks are glowing, my pores appear smaller, my skin is even toned, smooth. I don't want to jinx it. But it's phenomenal so far. Also, it did not cause an irritation outbreak on my shoulders or back. That says something b/c EVERYTHING breaks out my shoulders and back.

***** OK so It's been a week and one day and I can say that I really like this cream. I'm still not a fan of the scent, I slather it all over my shoulders and back and face at night and in the morning I use it on my face under makeup. My face has been 100% flake free since using this. I had a horrendous outbreak on my back, after a week, it's gone. I'm left with some slight scarring but eventually it will fade. This cream has not broken my face or body out at all. If anything it's healed my face and has made it extremely smooth, even toned, and looks flawless with makeup on. I'm convinced it's keeping my back outbreaks at bay, and I love that my skin isn't reacting to it. Will continue to rebuy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by stefyandryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only chemical exfoliator I can use with no clogs or breakouts. I use it on my face, body and feet. It moisturizes well and does what it says. What more could I ask for? Im not fond of the smell but it goes away pretty quick. It does take a while to absorb so I only use before bedtime, I wake up with nice skin. I only use a few times a week, if you get this make sure to use spf during the day!!! Overall a good product, average price and works!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yikes. This is not for those with sensitive skin! I originally bought this to use on my face since a lot of people said it was great to prevent acne and help uneven skin tones. For that purpose, it was way too greasy and it made me break out in a rash. Unfortunately, it didn't work as a body lotion either. It makes my skin BURN and ITCH like crazy. I'm either allergic to something in it, or the AHA is just too strong for my skin type. I gave it to my sister who has KP on her upper arms. I hope it works for her!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First off I actually have something from the dermatologist but it's basically the same thing. My Dad has cracked hands really bad so he was prescribed this and we have it in bulk. One day I was really itchy since my skin tends to be dry and I read the label and decided to try it. At first I had kind of an unpleasant tingly sensation that went away with the first minute or so, and I continued to apply it to my whole body and face. Noting has made my skin so healthy looking and feeling, I usually just by big jars of aquaphor and apply it daily. I did notice it didn't smell the best however it fades away once it dries. I've been applying this every night for a week and it's amazing, I'm seeing less blackheads and acne. My skin has never been smoother.