Dior Poison

3.4

Ahhh. Dior Poison.... I love this scent. It is strong and bold.. not for the faint of heart.

I think the main reason I love this perfume is because it reminds me of my mom when I was little. She wore this all the time and it conjures up memories of her waking me up in the morning etc. She still has her old purple bottle with the crystal top that you just pull out and dab on-- not like any today. When you open it, it still smells exactly the same after all these years!! (at least 10)

I purchased a new one for her for Christmas last year and it smells similar... but not the same =/ Disappointing but I still love it bc I know what it's supposed to smell like!!! :)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Bold, sexy, and dark. I love this, classic 80's! (not that i was around then anyways but still). I love the fragrances from this time, that my mum used to wear. Pretty pricey, but smells fabulous and lasts long.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a fragrance for the brave. While I do not like this scent I will give it some stars for lasting power, complexity, and cute packaging. This perfume smells like tuberose on steroids when first sprayed and it eventually calms down to a spicy red wine and lighter tuberose scents. It eventually then dies down to a black licorice sweet smelling scent. I imagine a powerful, bold, flamboyant individual to wear this .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as a gift from my soon-to-be mother-in-law. She used to work at CVS, and so she has a lot of unused fragrances she likes to gift. I'm not sure if the scent has changed over that period of her not working there, or if it's supposed to smell the way it does, but it is just way to strong and musky. Not at all wearable, especially for someone my age.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The original Poison literally defines perfume in the 80s. I have had mixed feelings about this perfume. It is very strong, even in just EDT form. It smells like wine. coriander, wildberries, orange honey, tuberose are at perfume’s heart, while base note features opopanar. It is very strong but once it settles down it is nice. It is definitely a unique scent that is very reccognizable.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ive gotta say this fragrance is still an all time classic. Its old-school-cool & by that I mean, its got something that will just last - forever. Its not a modern money maker scent like we seeing all over the place being endorsed by celebrities etc...this is just classic!. I would say it lends itself more to the late 20's age upwards...I definitely wouldn't give it to a teenage or young 20's woman...no.

To me its quite a sophisticated scent, quite complicated - but in a good way. I think its the type of perfume that you either love or you hate...

This perfume is one of my all time favourites because it reminds me a bit of my childhood - i grew up smelling this on both my grandmother & my mother....there is something about scents that transport us to familiar places.

I would definitely buy this again - not in a terrible hurry but I would nonetheless.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The most sensual parfum ever. I first tried it in 1985 when it was just born. I walked with my wrist on my nose for ten minutes because I couldn´t stop smelling it over and over, it was kind of adictive. This is the parfum which has made the strongest impact in my entire life. It has defined my youth, my disco parties, my personality, my whole world. Poison is part of me as I´m part of it. If I want to feel fresh and daily I use Chanel 19 but when I want to feel seductive, sexy and sensual I go to Poison, it never fails. Never ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this for myself for a while now, as the reviews seem to veer between calling it a tuberose godzilla that crushes all in its path, and a sweet and spicy perfume with hints of florals and red wine. I was hoping for the latter. I got the former. I was cautious enough to spray the air and briefly wave my wrist through it. For my troubles, I got the strongest, most nauseating tuberose (with grape juice undertones) I have ever smelled, and it gave me a headache to boot.

One of my favorite fragrances. Notes include sandalwood, cinnamon, musk and vanilla (how can you not love vanilla!). It's not really strong but it's not light either. It doesn't suffocate despite being a strong perfume and I actually like that it's not a light perfume because I love it so damn much!

Don't let the 80s-hate stop you from giving this a try. Nothing crapped out these days (hello celebrity fragrances) rivals Poison.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Perhaps alot might not agree with me with this, but I really do find this scent nice to wear and even my boyfriend finds nothing wrong with the scent(he's a straight to point person that will say whatever on his mind be it good or bad). I bought this during clearance sale 1.5 years ago and it's still a staple product in my wardrobe. i'll definitely repurchase this.

Popular Fragrances