April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Slim Eye Pencil - 901 Black

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MsSnow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A complete mess. Imagine black dye in vaseline on a hot summer day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great, basic pencil. Not my favorite e/l, I tend to like gels/creams but nonetheless this is a nice eyeliner. It does not pull or drag at the eyelid. It is very creamy, but still firm enough to create a nice sharp point for a fine line. The pigment is excellent, very dark and doesn't need much pressure at all. It glides on easily. I usually pair it with NYX HD e/s base so I'm not sure how it wears on its own. It does seem to smudge a teeny bit after about 6 hours but it's not too noticeable. It doesn't last quite as long as my MAC fluidlines or PF gel e/l but the it's nice in a pinch and more convenient to travel with. This is 10x better than Cover Girl and NYC pencils and the pigmentation is much better than Revlon Colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

For the price I would say this is not a bad eyeliner. When using a creamy/shimmery/frost eyeshadows this eyeliner tend to go on smoothly with minimal skipping and nice pigmentation. However, when I wear it along with matte eyeshadows it is difficult to apply as it becomes hard and lots of skipping with very little colour payout. Sometimes I like this eyeliner, some days not so much. I did notice that it doesn't fade right away or move like some of the eyeliners I've tried in the past but you do have to build it up. I can't say this is my HG for eyeliner I think I will have to keep looking. It's good as a backup though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner was no different from Crayola... It was hard but really pigmented. I couldn't line my eyes without jabbing my eyelid. A Wet N Wild 99 cent eyeliner I tried worked better. It wasn't even long lasting.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Brittany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this black eyeliner pencil because I had used this few years ago and I loved it.. the color is real dark, which is what I always look for in eyeliner pencils, and it's not too creamy or hard to apply. BUT... Idk if they've changed the formula or what, it's just not the same eyeliner I'd used before.. I was wearing it today and it started smudging under my eyes like dark circles literally right after I applied it. I stayed inside in cool temperature but still saw the liner coming off. I would not repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is an awesome pencil for the price! It's really black, easy to work with and stays where I put it. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While a bit harder than pencils I'm used to, this pencil outlasts ANYTHING I've tried. I've tried MAC, Bare Escentuals, CHANEL, Estee Lauder, Urban Decay 24/7...NONE of these liners have the staying power that my NYX black pencil has.

I'll never go back. My only gripe is that because the pencil is a bit harder, it takes a bit more effort to darken it to my liking. However, I'd rather deal with that, then with raccoon eyes like I do with all those other liners.

This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Virgodolce

This is such a great eyeliner - not to mention its dirt cheap! i have oily lids and usually even my eyeshadow ended up under my eyes (before i discovered UDPP of course). This stayed on all day and even through a bonfire that had me constantly rubbing at my eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Projrocker

This is the best eyeliner, and it's even better that it's $0.99. It's very dark black and bold. Of course it smudges a little through out the day, but what eyeliner doesn't? I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by OhioGirl87

Definitely my favorite black eyeliner of all time! It goes on nice and smooth and lasts through out the entire day. I apply it once every morning on my waterline and it makes my eyes pop! I reccommend trying this liner.