December 28, 2014 | 1069 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiehl's - Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The pros: This gel is relatively cheap for a high-end gel (around $15, IIRC). It foams up nicely when used with a shower puff. It doesn't dry out my skin.

The cons: This has no smell that I can detect. My SO seems to love it's smell (he really likes citrus) but I can't smell a thing. Also, like the others said, it is rather runny. A lot gets used up because you can't help but pour out too much.

All in all, I like this shower gel, but I don't think I would repurchase it. I can buy a runny no-scent gels at the drug store for much less than this one costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2003 8:02:00 AM More reviews by eengels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very disappointed in this product. I used a sample of this product while on vacation and ended up using the entire thing! It is too watery and doesn't clean all that well. The smell is good but disappears instantly after showering. I prefer the musk, coriander, or the coconut. I will not purchase this particular shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2003 5:54:00 AM More reviews by lissaSBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this shower gel! It made my skin smell great and my skin felt smooth after getting out of the shower. I took a chance on this and ordered it without trying a sample, I think I want to try the Lavender and Fleurs de Bain next. Great stuff, but it's pricey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 3:48:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

PRICE: US$12.00

I was really excited to get this after reading all the raves.. but I just can't bring myself to like it!
First of all, it was really really watery and runny - basically impossible to use with my hands in the shower. If I pour it into a shower poof and use that, it works *much* better and builds up a lovely lather. However, the scent was weak and unrealistic. It was sort of sweet but smelled synethetic as well, and it only lasted as long as I was lathering up. NOt particularly moisturizing, but not particularly drying either.. basically very interesting and i've had much much better shower gels.

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2003 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Cynful456

Oh, this smells awesome- just like grapefruit! It leaves you feeling nice and clean, with no "filminess", but be warned- it doesn't do much in the way of moisturizing. This truly is a gel soap. This is thin, but lathers well- it loses a lipstick though because the smells does not last at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

This is my favourite shower gel. It's very liquid, but still gives lots of lather and isn't drying. The smell is light and refreshing; it doesn't linger, but that's fine with me. It won't interfere with my perfume. I have this in Lemon Verbena too; the Grapefruit scent is much nicer. Lemon Verbena smells just like Sunlight dish detergent to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2003 12:01:00 PM More reviews by hellokityy27

I loved the scent, but I found it to be too drying to my skin. Not for those with sensitive, dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 12:42:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A tiny amount in the hand during a shower actually goes a long way! A bottle will last a while if not wasted. The grapefruti is a light, clean zingy scent and is quite nice. The lotion of the same scent goes well after the shower too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2003 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cabaret22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the light smell and yes it does lather up very well and leaves a clean feeling. However, it doesn't do much in the moisturizing department and the scent doesn't go outside of shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2003 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Freaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells heavenly and it also lathers up nicely. I used to use this with the Grapefruit lotion as well and my body really smelled nice afterwards without overpowering my senses. Kiehls' body cleansers and lotions are the only Kiehls products that I would repurchase, and over the years, I've tried several of their products. However, they do tend to be on the pricier side. But if you've got the cash...