Kiehl's Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser

3.7

The ever popular grapfruit in a shower gel. But please note, this review is based on a product whose production date is unknown - it seems it may be over a year or a little bit less. At any rate, it wasn't exactly fresh. And, as with past Kiehl's product experiences, I know that it tends to "expire" after a certain point (i.e. the lip balms were basically unbearable after two years, even the brand new ones).

With this in mind, I found this shower gel to be excellent in it's purpose - to clean your skin in the bath or shower. The smell however, is a different matter. It smelled reminiscent of grapefruit, like you knew it was meant to be grapefruit, but it smelled more like plastic and other things concocted in a lab before the scent essences are added. Or, perhaps, the gel was expired and the smell had diffused and all that remains are the raw ingredient smells on the verge of spoilage.

Needless to say; the scent is not good by any means. The liquid is runny, but despite this, wonderfully suddsy and not drying on the skin. Would I buy it again? No. Perhaps never. Not because it doesn't work, again, it works perfectly, it's just that I don't enjoy using it immensely, and I do like to enjoy my showers and baths, no matter how shallow the matter of scent is.

The pros: This gel is relatively cheap for a high-end gel (around $15, IIRC). It foams up nicely when used with a shower puff. It doesn't dry out my skin.

The cons: This has no smell that I can detect. My SO seems to love it's smell (he really likes citrus) but I can't smell a thing. Also, like the others said, it is rather runny. A lot gets used up because you can't help but pour out too much.

All in all, I like this shower gel, but I don't think I would repurchase it. I can buy a runny no-scent gels at the drug store for much less than this one costs.

Very disappointed in this product. I used a sample of this product while on vacation and ended up using the entire thing! It is too watery and doesn't clean all that well. The smell is good but disappears instantly after showering. I prefer the musk, coriander, or the coconut. I will not purchase this particular shower gel.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really love this shower gel! It made my skin smell great and my skin felt smooth after getting out of the shower. I took a chance on this and ordered it without trying a sample, I think I want to try the Lavender and Fleurs de Bain next. Great stuff, but it's pricey.

PRICE: US$12.00

I was really excited to get this after reading all the raves.. but I just can't bring myself to like it!
First of all, it was really really watery and runny - basically impossible to use with my hands in the shower. If I pour it into a shower poof and use that, it works *much* better and builds up a lovely lather. However, the scent was weak and unrealistic. It was sort of sweet but smelled synethetic as well, and it only lasted as long as I was lathering up. NOt particularly moisturizing, but not particularly drying either.. basically very interesting and i've had much much better shower gels.

continued >>

Oh, this smells awesome- just like grapefruit! It leaves you feeling nice and clean, with no "filminess", but be warned- it doesn't do much in the way of moisturizing. This truly is a gel soap. This is thin, but lathers well- it loses a lipstick though because the smells does not last at all.

This is my favourite shower gel. It's very liquid, but still gives lots of lather and isn't drying. The smell is light and refreshing; it doesn't linger, but that's fine with me. It won't interfere with my perfume. I have this in Lemon Verbena too; the Grapefruit scent is much nicer. Lemon Verbena smells just like Sunlight dish detergent to me.

I loved the scent, but I found it to be too drying to my skin. Not for those with sensitive, dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A tiny amount in the hand during a shower actually goes a long way! A bottle will last a while if not wasted. The grapefruti is a light, clean zingy scent and is quite nice. The lotion of the same scent goes well after the shower too.

I like the light smell and yes it does lather up very well and leaves a clean feeling. However, it doesn't do much in the moisturizing department and the scent doesn't go outside of shower.