December 22, 2014 | 1335 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

I bought 10 of these on ebay just for fun. I was planning on pressing a few into a quad and that was about it.

I have had so much fun mixing these colors together and creating tons of different shades. The quality pleasantly surprised me; I would compare these to UD shadows; very intense shimmer and even more so when wet. I do recommend using a primer and pressing these if at all possible, but we'll get to that...

The way people complained about the packaging, I was braced for something really terrible but it's not that bad and makes total sense. I have several brushes that fit into the bottleneck and the product is too finely-milled for that anyway. Do be careful when handling these.

I pressed mine and it was easy and a lot of fun! You MUST use a binding agent because unlike MAC pigments, these do not contain one and will crumble if you use only alcohol.

My favorite pressed shade is a combo of Walnut and Jade that came out a lush olive green/gold. I look forward to buying more of these and pressing away!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ShaunaRich

I LOVE these pigments, the colours are amazing and you can't beat the price. Fantastic assortment of colours tool. The only issue I have with them is the packaging because the pigment is hard to get out onto your brush. I would totally reccomend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by iheartduncan78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a good product! I purchased several of these pigments and I find that they have excellent color pay off! A little goes a long way. Like previous reviews have mentioned, when these pigments are used with a base, eyeshadow will last all day! Its definitely a cheaper alternative to MAC pigments. NYX has a variety of colors. The only problem I have, like others, is the packaging. Other than that, I am very happy with these pigments!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really good product! Stays on long even without a primer. Bad packaging tho. But its worth the price. I will def buy the other colors

UPDATE: Ive got all of the colors now. I love all of them.
I use these for:
- Mix with clear nailpolish to get a gorgeous new nailcolor
- Take some water on my brush and "foil" them. Its suuuperpretty! The colors become more vibrant and the last the whole day. I really recommend doing that
- Mix a tiny bit of a light one in my foundation and use as a highlighter

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jaimeleigh2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have about 14 of these, I think, and I actually really like thes. I do find them hard to work with. I'm not being a snob here (I actually owned these before MAC pigments), but there is difference (for me at least) between the two. MAC pigments adhere to the skin a lot better than these. I found that applying these without a base was not an option - any of the jumbo eye pencils or even NYX's eyeshadow base helped a lot.

The packaging is pretty awful, but I depotted them so it's not really an issue.

All-in-all, these are a great buy for the price and well worth the work it takes to apply. But I won't be repurchasing because I've barely made dent in what I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

These are great. The price is right and the colors are wonderful. You cannot beat it. I have quite a few and would probably would have them all, if I hadn't gotten pigments on eBay a really low price. The packaging is fine for me since I depot them anyway. This product is way better then Mac because the price for Mac pigments is so high. It takes me forever to get through pigments, so I cannot justify paying an arm and a leg for one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

These are the best eyeshadows for their price. I LOVE wearing the pearl maina in Mocha, you don't even need to apply a base for them, they are so pigmented and looks gorgeous. These pigments are so amazing, they actually drew me away from Mac pigments. I highly recommend these little guys. NYX has great products overall, but if you're deciding which product to try out, I'd definitely choose the pearl mania and the jumbo eye pencils. I absolutely love the pearl mania, just need a few more to finish the whole collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

I just love this stuff. Its very simple ingredients list - Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide - makes me happy, and the colors are spectacular. No one sells this in my area, so all of the many shades I have have come through swaps on MUA, but even if I had to buy it, the $1-2 price tag is certainly more than reasonable!

Yes, the packaging is terrible, you can't get most brushes down through the neck of the bottle, but that issue is easily corrected with some witch-hazel and an empty shadow palette. I have a MAC pro-palette that I bought for just such the occasion as to depot my NYX pearl manias into it. Just shake out some of the shadow, add a few drops of WH at a time, and stir with a small stiff brush or a chopstick (yes, that's what I used) until it's smooth and blended. Tap the container, and voila, once the liquid evaporates you've got your Pearl Mania in a usable container!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by seema53

Such an awesome eye shadow product! And the price...unbeatable!! I got each one for $1.99 @ the mall at some Asian store which sells jewelry and random trinkets. I bought 4 colors, turquoise, ocean, purple and lilac. Yes, the packaging isnt great, but the price and quality of the pigments more than makes up for that. I just sprinkle some out on a clean surface, like a plastic mixing palette and then keep adding more as I need more and dip my brush, and voila! Beautiful color. A little goes a long way. You def. need primer to make it budge-proof. I use Too Faced shadow Insurance, works like a charm. I used to be afraid of pigments because of fallout and the mess. This is pretty simple if you take your time to just be careful and get the hang of it, then its a snap! I have MAC pigment colour powder, this is totally comparable. The only major difference between the two is in the price! Try it and see, what do you have to lose besides $2!?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

I've been wanting to try some of these for awhile, and I was excited to get my hands on them. I did a look with Charcoal, Mocha, and Nude pearl, just a soft smoky look. I found that the pigments were amazing to work with and easy to apply. The texture is soft and silky, and the pearlization/shimmer of the pigments isn't too over the top. The problem for me was the packaging. The tiny, skinny neck of the bottle is way too small to dip a brush in. Therefore, I had to dump some out to apply it, and I feel like this is wasting product. Granted, this product is mega cheap, so wasting shouldn't be in the discussion, but it still irked me quite a bit. Also, the pigments are so soft that if you overblend, they blend right off your face--kinda like Stila shadows. I was impressed, but not impressed enough to go buy a ton. If I see them in a sale, I might pick them up, but the packaging/overblendability of these kind of turned me off.