NYX Ultra Pearl Mania

Price: $

Price: $

Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide

on 12/1/2010 12:31:00 PM

I don't think I could ever hate NYX even if I tried! There are a number of things this line could brag about - quality, cost, briliant colors, etc. The pearl mania collection is no exception! First of all, thanks to great sellers on Ebay (and even a great retail price), I was able to purchase all of the shades without breaking my bank. There are fun colors such as Jade, but I'm partial to the neutrals because they compliment my every day look quite well.
As with any eyeshadow, a good primer is key. I'll then dab on a fave shade such as 'penny', 'oro', or 'rust' all over my lid, add some 'nude' in the crease, and finish off with 'baby pink' as a highlighter. Unbelievably GORGE! The 'baby pink' is soft yet effective and looks amazing under my brows against ANY shade!
I know many reviews deduct pts for the packaging, but to me that's a bonus! Not only do yu get an amazing shadow, but also a chance to get crafty! Since I love the neutrals so much I decided to jazz things up. I bought a plastic case with small jars at my local craft store (bead aisle) to depot my shadows in. The fun part was decorating the case with the leopard and lace trim the I found at the store! So much fun and now I have a sexy case to display those awesome shadows in! (Pic to be added)
Dont let the packaging, the low price, or anything else discourage you. This truly is a WONDERFUL product!!
Have fun!!!

on 11/27/2010 6:10:00 PM

These are great and highly pigmented. I use them over annabelle's cream eyeshadow just to make sure that they stick. Like others have mentioned, the packaging is horrible! But they're still a steal at 4.99$ a piece in canada.

on 11/21/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought 10 of these on ebay just for fun. I was planning on pressing a few into a quad and that was about it.

I have had so much fun mixing these colors together and creating tons of different shades. The quality pleasantly surprised me; I would compare these to UD shadows; very intense shimmer and even more so when wet. I do recommend using a primer and pressing these if at all possible, but we'll get to that...

The way people complained about the packaging, I was braced for something really terrible but it's not that bad and makes total sense. I have several brushes that fit into the bottleneck and the product is too finely-milled for that anyway. Do be careful when handling these.

I pressed mine and it was easy and a lot of fun! You MUST use a binding agent because unlike MAC pigments, these do not contain one and will crumble if you use only alcohol.

My favorite pressed shade is a combo of Walnut and Jade that came out a lush olive green/gold. I look forward to buying more of these and pressing away!

on 11/18/2010 3:04:00 PM

I LOVE these pigments, the colours are amazing and you can't beat the price. Fantastic assortment of colours tool. The only issue I have with them is the packaging because the pigment is hard to get out onto your brush. I would totally reccomend these.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Such a good product! I purchased several of these pigments and I find that they have excellent color pay off! A little goes a long way. Like previous reviews have mentioned, when these pigments are used with a base, eyeshadow will last all day! Its definitely a cheaper alternative to MAC pigments. NYX has a variety of colors. The only problem I have, like others, is the packaging. Other than that, I am very happy with these pigments!

on 10/11/2010 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Really good product! Stays on long even without a primer. Bad packaging tho. But its worth the price. I will def buy the other colors

UPDATE: Ive got all of the colors now. I love all of them.
I use these for:
- Mix with clear nailpolish to get a gorgeous new nailcolor
- Take some water on my brush and "foil" them. Its suuuperpretty! The colors become more vibrant and the last the whole day. I really recommend doing that
- Mix a tiny bit of a light one in my foundation and use as a highlighter

on 7/14/2010 9:59:00 AM

I have about 14 of these, I think, and I actually really like thes. I do find them hard to work with. I'm not being a snob here (I actually owned these before MAC pigments), but there is difference (for me at least) between the two. MAC pigments adhere to the skin a lot better than these. I found that applying these without a base was not an option - any of the jumbo eye pencils or even NYX's eyeshadow base helped a lot.

The packaging is pretty awful, but I depotted them so it's not really an issue.

All-in-all, these are a great buy for the price and well worth the work it takes to apply. But I won't be repurchasing because I've barely made dent in what I have.

on 7/14/2010 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

These are great. The price is right and the colors are wonderful. You cannot beat it. I have quite a few and would probably would have them all, if I hadn't gotten pigments on eBay a really low price. The packaging is fine for me since I depot them anyway. This product is way better then Mac because the price for Mac pigments is so high. It takes me forever to get through pigments, so I cannot justify paying an arm and a leg for one

on 4/14/2010 1:17:00 AM

These are the best eyeshadows for their price. I LOVE wearing the pearl maina in Mocha, you don't even need to apply a base for them, they are so pigmented and looks gorgeous. These pigments are so amazing, they actually drew me away from Mac pigments. I highly recommend these little guys. NYX has great products overall, but if you're deciding which product to try out, I'd definitely choose the pearl mania and the jumbo eye pencils. I absolutely love the pearl mania, just need a few more to finish the whole collection!

on 3/25/2010 2:50:00 PM

I just love this stuff. Its very simple ingredients list - Mica (and) Iron Oxides (and) Titanium Dioxide - makes me happy, and the colors are spectacular. No one sells this in my area, so all of the many shades I have have come through swaps on MUA, but even if I had to buy it, the $1-2 price tag is certainly more than reasonable!

Yes, the packaging is terrible, you can't get most brushes down through the neck of the bottle, but that issue is easily corrected with some witch-hazel and an empty shadow palette. I have a MAC pro-palette that I bought for just such the occasion as to depot my NYX pearl manias into it. Just shake out some of the shadow, add a few drops of WH at a time, and stir with a small stiff brush or a chopstick (yes, that's what I used) until it's smooth and blended. Tap the container, and voila, once the liquid evaporates you've got your Pearl Mania in a usable container!

Top Rated NYX Products