October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by imdebbo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing! I got it after my sister in law recommended it and I trusted her because her skin always looks flawless! It's build able, it's lightweight and non cakey and because of the packaging, you can distribute the perfect amount for a facefull with a light pump (pretty sure this is Europe exclusive)! I have fairly oily skin but this fab! It's not matte so if you are hoping to have our picture taken I would recommend just using a translucent setting powder over the top! (It will make you glow, I've learnt the hard way!!) it's long lasting on your face and also in the pot! I've been using it every day for over a month now and it hasn't even made a noticeable difference! I'm using w7 (golden amber) and I apply using a real techniques buffing brush! Love love love!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Kimelise

This was my HG foundation!!! I used the shade W2 Golden Vanilla, sometimes mixed with W3 Golden Beige (these are Australian shades, I believe they differ overseas?)

Here we have them in a pump bottle which was ideal from a dispensing and hygiene point of view.

Only as of recently, there has been minimal stock around and I could not find my shade! I contacted L'oreal and was so disappointed to hear they have discontinued it (the email referred to a discontinued shade for W2, not the True Match range. I'm hoping they may relaunch, as their Infallible range recently did)

I have quite oily/acne prone skin and found this to be lasting around the clock when set with a powder, maybe just need to powder my Tzone after 6-7 hours.

There W range here throws of the yellow tones which is why I loved W2, I cannot find another drug store range that is as yellow based. Have tried the Lumi and Infallible shades in Loreal but they all throw off too pink on my skin.

So disappointed, I LOVED this foundation :(:(:(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a great color selection, probably the best out of all the drugstore brands. Even better than Revlon Colorstay. But this couldn't make up for all the negative aspects of this foundation. It looks okay when you put it on, but it's incredibly oily, even with a setting powder on top. Oil breaks through in 2-3 hours. It leaves your skin blotchy and you look like an oily, shiny mess. Lasting power is very poor, and it separates terribly. It's possible to look worse with foundation when you use this. Poor packaging, no pump and much mess. Such a mediocre product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by gailygirl84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how lightweight this foundation is and it looks really natural on me. The coverage is good and buildable, good enough to cover some pigmentation and acne scars. I didn't really mind the bottle not having a pump so much since it's kinda runny and comes out of the bottle easily unlike some thicker foundations. However, it makes my face really oily after only a few hours. That and it's a bit expensive to buy it where I live despite this being a drugstore brand. If they somehow made a version of this formulated for people with oily skin, then I will surely consider purchasing this again. But for now, I don't plan on getting another bottle once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off saying I love this foundation and it's my go to. But it really bothers me that it doesn't have a pump. It spills all over and to much always comes out of the bottle. I feel like there is a lot of waste and that it's less sanitary to have an unrestricted opening like this.
Otherwise I like how this product works. It's easily medium coverage and defiantly buildable. The texture is good and it has passable shine control. The fact that it has tons of shades is a bonus for me because my face gets a good three shades darker in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by NikoK

This product is one of my holy grail products. After years of searching for a foundation that matched my pale, but warm skin, I finally found what I have been looking for. This foundation looks light and natural, has spf, is oil free, doesn't oxidize and has the nicest finish I've ever had in a foundation. All this being said, I do understand some of the frustrations other reviewers have had with this product. The first time I tried it out, I didn't like it at all. It seemed watery and lacked coverage; it just seemed like a streakier version of my own skin. I decided, since its hard to find any reasonably priced foundations fair enough for my skin tone, that i would experiment with the application of this product and combining it with others. I'm so glad I did. The first thing i noticed it the best thing to do it to apply is in globs to the face where needed, then pat with a sponge. I recommend one of the rip off beauty blenders. Make sure that it has been run under water and rung out, other wise it will soak up the liquid, which isn't good. I also wouldn't advise you to blend with your fingers, which makes the foundation look odd and not settle well. The next thing i recommend, is using a high coverage foundation (such as the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation) or a good concealer with it. After applying the True Match foundation, apply the higher coverage product on to areas that get red or are oilier than the rest of your face. Also apply this over pimples/under bags etc in small quantities. I found this way i get enough coverage, plus a natural finish that lasts all day. I love this product, and with the right application, I think this is a product that anyone can enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I was on the hunt for a good drugstore foundation that I can wear everyday. I have combination skin and wear makeup (on average) from 5 am- 6 pm.

This glided beautifully on the skin and blended well.. I wear the color nude ivory and it matches my skin well (I wear Nars Sheerglow in Ceylan, YSL Youth Liberator Foundation in BD10 and Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation in O20). It had a bit of shimmer and dries down to an odd blend of dewy matte which works. I get shiny in pretty much most foundations and my skin became shiny about 4 hours later but nothing a little pat of tissue cannot handle. It looked natural all day.

I would have to say it does not last as long as my Shiseido foundation. This one lasts a decent 10 hours (I just apply baby powder over my foundation once and pat occasionally) but 6 hours if am running around. Would repurchase for daily use given the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by huttoncg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've got pretty severe acne and very oily skin.. Some dryness around pimples from topical creams. This stuff SLIDES OFF YO FACE! I liked how it looked in the morning but when I saw it as few hours later in the mirror I was so embarrassed that I was walking around with an oil slick of a face and no more coverage! No thanks buddy not again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. It's so light on my face and it's great for daytime wear. It is buildable up to medium coverage. There are so many shades to choose from and it's so easy to find the right shade. I would like it even more if it had a pump. This is awesome for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by meghall90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite drug store foundation. What's great about this line is their color selection. It breaks it into Cool, neutral and warm. It makes it a bit easier to find your color match. It is a build able foundation with a bit of a gold shine to it. No glitter at all. It gives you a beautiful healthy light glow to the skin. I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation. I love to apply this foundation with a makeup sponge. It also has SPF 17 which is always a plus! I've never had any skin irritations with this foundations. Absolutely love!