August 1, 2014 | 940 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whimsy at my local Woolies. I think its a little bit gimmiky because it most certainly didn't not blend into me. If anything, I looked a little bit dirty.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by undiscoverme

Shade (I tried): Buff Beige

this foundation has high oxidation so my skin turns a bit natural to orange if i use it alone. i didn't wanna throw or give it away so i blend it with Revlon® ColorStay™ Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory (too light for me, accidentally bought it and didn't wanna throw away it, too!) and works pretty well. It gave me the shade i want and it stayed on my skin for 12 hours ( i think it's the revlon that made it stay). I finish it off with a baby powder for matte finish.

I'm definitely buying again but will try a lighter shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Qu33nB33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst foundation everrrr! No matter how I apply it, fingers, brush, sponge, it comes out looking chalky and ends up patchy within an hour tops. It rubs off on everything that touches my face, doesn't have good coverage (and I have pretty decent skin anyway), creases, is blotchy and I just HATE it! This is the first time I can say my skin looks better BEFORE I put make up on than after! Also this is the one and only make up product that burns and stings my UNsensitive skin. Horrible in every aspect except for the color choices, they are decent, so for that 1 lippie.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by elisej

One of the worst foundations I have tried! I am NC10 so extremely pale and was excited that they had a very light colour. The coverage is extremely light. I also find that the colour does not blend well and strips and goes into clumps. It also melts off very quickly and does not stay on at all. The colour is good but the consistency and lasting power is shocking. I would definitely not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Regardless of all the negative reviews, I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't look good. Before I start my review I should say that I am mainly an Estee Lauder Double Wear girl. I only wear makeup twice a week these days, and when I do, it's full coverage. I have acne scarring which consists of red dots that are slowly starting to fade. I wanted to try something new and not so heavy for days when I don't want to go bare faced, and this is where I stumbled across this product.

I chose the lightest colour, number 1, which is great for my NW10 skin. Number 1 is a neutral-toned colour so it's not too pink or yellow which is quite a rare find. When I applied it I used a stippling brush and noticed that it required a lot of liquid to reach a light to medium coverage. I was disappointed that my acne scarring was still visible, so I applied a little more over my cheeks (where my scarring is) and this helped. As a consequence, it looked a little bit cakey. I had a lot of streaks due to the foundation being so watery in consistency so I had to then fix these up. Took a couple of minutes.

After finishing my face, I stepped back and tried to retain some optimism. This foundation is decently priced and easily accessible, I love the packaging and the colour appeared to be perfect. However, upon inspecting my face, I was not satisfied. I liked that it appeared dewy, but for some reason, parts of my face looked cakey and my nose looked... oily. I tried applying more foundation on my nose but it was like it just wouldn't stick! My nose appeared translucent and red. The kind of look you get in winter when you've been out in the cold. So logically, if this is what my face was to look like straight after applying, I fear to think what it would look like after a day of wearing it.

I have to give it some credit though! I love the colour, packaging and the dewy look it seemed to have at first. Unfortunately the streakiness upon applying, the odd patches of dryness and the inability for the foundation to 'set' around my nose outweighed this for me, and I won't be repurchasing. For the price it's pretty decent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a chance to try this out because I accidentally bought this instead of the cover girl 3 in 1 foundation. Let me just say, it has practically zero coverage. This might be good for someone who already has nice skin and just wants to throw on foundation for the heck of it, but if you have anything to cover I wouldn't buy it. It does go on smoothly and has a nice feel, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I love this foundation- one of the best I've tried.
It has a medium coverage (but very buildable). I use it with a beautyblender, and have received a number of compliments on how flawless my skin looks.
I have very sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate me at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SavannahNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, let me just say -- I am VERY picky when it comes to my makeup, especially foundations, but I absolutely love this one! It gives me a natural yet flawless finish, and I adore it. I use it daily by first applying my Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15 fair, then I use about one pump of this foundation in Ivory 1/405 (which matches me perfectly) onto the back of my hand and blend it onto my face with a Sigma F80 brush. I then finish it all off with my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light. This routine leaves my skin looking flawless!

I personally love the level of coverage in this foundation; I like my foundation to even out my skin tone and cover up redness, as well as conceal any pimples I may have, and this foundation does that for me. It is nowhere near the low coverage level of a tinted moisturizer as some people claim.. however, it does not cover the freckles I have on my cheeks, so if you are looking for something that will cover spots such as those then I do not recommend this foundation for you (unless you layer it with a nice concealer). However, if you want a foundation with the same level of coverage as I look for, then I definitely recommend this one! I also highly recommend using it with a Sigma F80 brush, as it works perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Covers zilch. Tinted moisturizer coverage. Don't waste your time if you have rosacea or acne spots to cover. Horrible foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this foundation one night and used it the next morning. My cheeks instantly started to burn but I figured it was just some dryness from winter or my makeup brush. The day went on and I felt like someone was scratching my cheeks so I ran home to wash this off!

I gave it a shot the next day to see if it was really bothering me. The irritation was less severe so I chalked it up to nothing.

However, a few days later my whole complexion is red (rare for me, i have pale skin). Then, I start to see under the skin red bumps appearing on my cheeks.

Many reviews on acne.org stated that it broke them out

It irritated any acne I had before and gave me THE WORST BREAKOUT of my life