September 2, 2014 | 1193 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sars1999

finally found a foundation that matches my skin tone.
i have mine in 1 ivory which is the first drugstore foundation ive found light enough for me.Its light weight and easy to blend with a round top foundation brush. It has little coverage which i dont mind, just enough to cover up my redness and minor imperfections. It feels like skin which i like and you can still see some imperfections which i dont mind. might go patchy on dry skin but didnt cake on my oily to combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by BunnylaBelle

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I was a big fan of the discontinued mousse formula so when I saw this on sale for about $15 (cheap where I live) I thought I'd give it a go!
Despite my average rating of it, it currently replaces my MAC studio fix fluid in my make-up routine.

Colour: This is perhaps the most wonderful match colour-wise I have ever had in a foundation. I have shade 405 Ivory which is perfect for those who lean towards a yellow skin tone. I didn't realise how orange my MAC foundation was making me till I tried this!

Application: I find that this is best applied on a well moisturised face using a sponge or a flat foundation brush. So, it may not be that appropriate for those with dry skin. You have to work with it quickly because it dries pretty damn fast. I then apply concealer, powder my T-zone and voila, I get a pretty natural and flawless look.
I find it lasts decently all day provided I blot around lunch. I'm sure it'll last longer with primer however I currently don't use one.

Coverage: The coverage is light to medium. I mainly use this for evening out my skin tone which it does fairly well. It doesn't really do much to help dark circles though, so I have to use even more concealer (than usual) for that.

Pros:
-Price
-Evens out skin tone
-Didn't break me out
-Nice light-weight foundation for the price

Cons:
-Hard to work with
-Does little to cover dark circles

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by BabyDoll367

I liked this foundation a lot. Its a little on the wet side, so its probably not best for people that have skin on the oily side. It stays true to its name and DOES blend well into my skin. After awhile though, it does make my face feel a little stuff and dry. But in the beginning it feels like I'm wearing nothing. As time goes on though, it begins to feel cakey. Either way, I really like this foundation. The price is a little much, but you cant expect any good makeup to be cheap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whimsy at my local Woolies. I think its a little bit gimmiky because it most certainly didn't not blend into me. If anything, I looked a little bit dirty.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by undiscoverme

Shade (I tried): Buff Beige

this foundation has high oxidation so my skin turns a bit natural to orange if i use it alone. i didn't wanna throw or give it away so i blend it with Revlon® ColorStay™ Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory (too light for me, accidentally bought it and didn't wanna throw away it, too!) and works pretty well. It gave me the shade i want and it stayed on my skin for 12 hours ( i think it's the revlon that made it stay). I finish it off with a baby powder for matte finish.

I'm definitely buying again but will try a lighter shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Qu33nB33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worst foundation everrrr! No matter how I apply it, fingers, brush, sponge, it comes out looking chalky and ends up patchy within an hour tops. It rubs off on everything that touches my face, doesn't have good coverage (and I have pretty decent skin anyway), creases, is blotchy and I just HATE it! This is the first time I can say my skin looks better BEFORE I put make up on than after! Also this is the one and only make up product that burns and stings my UNsensitive skin. Horrible in every aspect except for the color choices, they are decent, so for that 1 lippie.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by elisej

One of the worst foundations I have tried! I am NC10 so extremely pale and was excited that they had a very light colour. The coverage is extremely light. I also find that the colour does not blend well and strips and goes into clumps. It also melts off very quickly and does not stay on at all. The colour is good but the consistency and lasting power is shocking. I would definitely not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Regardless of all the negative reviews, I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately no matter how hard I tried, it just didn't look good. Before I start my review I should say that I am mainly an Estee Lauder Double Wear girl. I only wear makeup twice a week these days, and when I do, it's full coverage. I have acne scarring which consists of red dots that are slowly starting to fade. I wanted to try something new and not so heavy for days when I don't want to go bare faced, and this is where I stumbled across this product.

I chose the lightest colour, number 1, which is great for my NW10 skin. Number 1 is a neutral-toned colour so it's not too pink or yellow which is quite a rare find. When I applied it I used a stippling brush and noticed that it required a lot of liquid to reach a light to medium coverage. I was disappointed that my acne scarring was still visible, so I applied a little more over my cheeks (where my scarring is) and this helped. As a consequence, it looked a little bit cakey. I had a lot of streaks due to the foundation being so watery in consistency so I had to then fix these up. Took a couple of minutes.

After finishing my face, I stepped back and tried to retain some optimism. This foundation is decently priced and easily accessible, I love the packaging and the colour appeared to be perfect. However, upon inspecting my face, I was not satisfied. I liked that it appeared dewy, but for some reason, parts of my face looked cakey and my nose looked... oily. I tried applying more foundation on my nose but it was like it just wouldn't stick! My nose appeared translucent and red. The kind of look you get in winter when you've been out in the cold. So logically, if this is what my face was to look like straight after applying, I fear to think what it would look like after a day of wearing it.

I have to give it some credit though! I love the colour, packaging and the dewy look it seemed to have at first. Unfortunately the streakiness upon applying, the odd patches of dryness and the inability for the foundation to 'set' around my nose outweighed this for me, and I won't be repurchasing. For the price it's pretty decent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a chance to try this out because I accidentally bought this instead of the cover girl 3 in 1 foundation. Let me just say, it has practically zero coverage. This might be good for someone who already has nice skin and just wants to throw on foundation for the heck of it, but if you have anything to cover I wouldn't buy it. It does go on smoothly and has a nice feel, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I love this foundation- one of the best I've tried.
It has a medium coverage (but very buildable). I use it with a beautyblender, and have received a number of compliments on how flawless my skin looks.
I have very sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate me at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No