July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having thought about buying a face oil from Clarins, I picked this oil up at the duty free for 20% off.
Generally, Clarins is not my brand as I tried different products and they all didnīt work out for me.
But I love face oils, especially combinations of different oils as they seem to work better than just putting one single carrier oil on my face. And I admit I buy the face oils from several brands as Iīm not the diy type.
For me, it was hard to choose between this one and the Santal oil. They had a tester of the Santal oil and it seemed more heavy to me than the Blue Orchid oil.
In the end, I choose this one, because my skin is combo and dehydrated rather than dry. Anything that hydrates is always a good choice for my skin.
The oil has a golden colour, is light and liquid and smells like patchouli. Iīm not fond of the scent, but it dissappears quickly and doesnīt bother me that much. It comes in a glass bottle with a pipette, very nice and pratical.
I tried different versions of use and Iīm very pleased with the results.
Clarins recommends that you use the oil at night on a damp face. Thatīs important as the oil can better sink into your skin when your face is damp. They also advice you to warm the oil in the palm of your hands before you pat it on your face. You donīt need much oil, only 2 or 3 drops as too much oil leaves your skin a bit greasy.
I use a few drops of the oil after washing and spraying my face with thermal water at night and wake up with baby soft skin.
As I regularly use Aveneīs Eluage retin-a cream at night, I put the cream on my face, spray Thermal water all over my face and pat the warmed oil all over my face. This gives me by far the best results yet as my skin is plump, moist and baby soft in the morning. The oil counteracts nicely the often drying effects of retin-a. I put the oil on top of the cream as I donīt want to have a "barrier" from the oil that prevents the retin-a from working.
Other reviers mentioned that you can mix the oil with your moisturizer. I will surely try this in wintertime as itīs not cold enough yet and I donīt need a heavy moisturizer in fall.
Another tip from other reviwers is to put it into your face mask. I can easily imagine that this also works beautifully.
What so nice about this oil is that it seems to improve the general condition of my skin.
My skin is healthier, more hydrated, my pores are fine and the general appearance of my skin is glowing and good.
Yes, it is expensive, but a little goes a long way and the oil is very versatile.
I definitely recommend this to people with dehydrated skin. Love it and I donīt regret buying this wonderful product as it is worth every cent.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by nchinoy

I had to get myself a full size bottle when I realized I was rationing my sample. The sample lasted me over a month of sparing use - clearly a little goes a long way. I use it at night for soft plump skin in the morning. I have dry/combo skin and am 27 so I'm trying to postpone aging as much as I can. The price tag is hefty but the product will last me quite a while. Will update if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great great great hydrating product!I use it after I wash off my make up at night, only one-two drops are enough, followed by my moisturiser, didn't break me out and my skin seems to absorb it really well. I'm impressed with how my skin looks the next morning after I wash it.Have also tried the Lotus oil treatment and wasn't satissfied at all, it irritated my skin a little bit.Minus one lippie cause of the price. Recomended and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Has healed my dry, red, flaky skin. Thanks to this oil I am able to make it through a day without feeling like every ounce of moisturizer is gone from my skin. I started off using 4 drops over moisturizer at night and 2 over moisturizer in the morning. As my skin improved, I cut it down to only one drop on my moisturizer on the morning, but I am still continuing with 3-4 drops over my night cream. My skin was in terrible shape when I started. It hurt it was so dry. I am seeing improvement every day. It won't be long before I can cut down the amount I have to use at night. I highy recommend this product for anyone suffering from dry, dehydrated skin. Of note, I preferred the dehydrating oil to the oil for dry skin. The SA who sold me it said that she had the same results I have experienced, but didn't like the oil for dry skin nearly as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This oil is awesome! It took me a wee while to figure out how to use it as on its own, it wasn't enough to moisturise my skin. I apply a layer after my light moisturiser at night and my skin feels very soft and happy. It smells a bit herbally but nothing too bad. As you only use a tiny amount, it will last ages so the price is not bad at all.

EDIT - Apart from the mud mask which I still love, Clarins skincare gave me skin irritation so I had to stop using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Gobigania

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having read so many good reviews on this product I decided to buy it as a treat for my birthday. And what a disappointment... I am writing this review because I want to warn the other people that this oil can BREAK OUT the skin. Maybe you should try it somehow before you buy the full size bottle.
Since it is called Blue orchid you would expect it to smell like a flower but the smell of it is more like groundy, dirty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Missyminxy

This oil in infused with the essential oils of orchid, hazelnut and patchouli.
* Orchid oil is excellent for toning, preventing moisture loss and slowing down the signs of aging.
* Hazelnut oil is very high in fatty acids (omegas 3, 6 and 9) which are highly effective in tightening the skin and strengthening the capillaries.
* Patchouli, like most plant oils, is an age-old treatment for ailments such as acne, eczema, sunburn and other forms of dermatitis- this is the ingredient that is helping so many people with specific skin problems. Patchouli oil is also fantastic for regenerating the skin to help fade wounds an scars at a faster rate.

Overall, this oil is absolutely fabulous. I have been using it daily for a month and am completely obsessed with the feeling, scent and results of this beautiful product. A few drops in or after your toner makes the skin feel hydrated and soft. After a few minutes the oil penetrates the skin and leaves your face and neck feeling soft and calm. The beautiful aromatic scent calms your mind and prepares you for bed... I swear I've been sleeping better since using this product! The morning after the first application I saw the benefits as my skin was softer and more radiant. I tried using it in the morning as well, but found it was a bit too much for my combo skin. The new packaging is much more hygienic and easy to use. I would store it in a dark, cool cupboard as bright lights can fade the oil. I recommend this to absolutely everyone, regardless of your skin type. I would bathe in it if I could!! 5 lippies all around and I will be a committed user for many, many more years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product, and after using it skin looks glowing, beautiful, feels moisturized and soft. Very impressed, and in my opinion this oil is much better than Decleor oils. I would recomend this oil for every skin type, it makes wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by uth80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product, especially for dry skin. Doesn't leave the skin oily, but soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Silverman

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cured (in one or two days) a sudden outbreak of eczema on my face which was brought on by a cold snap and a new moisturizer that irritated me (when I ran out of my Clarins moisturizer). Nothing was working, not even prescription. Beautiful product, this is, and I will continue to use for the general health and appearance of my skin. It has never looked better. I will keep on using it when I go back on my high-tech retinol and enzyme anti-age products because it is natural base and has neutral ingredients that re-inforce the integrity of my skin.