OPI Chicago Champagne Toast

4.3

on 1/27/2008 4:58:00 AM

I love this colour in fact it's one of my favs. On me it's a mauvish chocolate colour, it's neither too flashy nor boring just tasteful and elegant. FYI i'm a NC25 and wear browns well, I also love Chocolate Shake-spare. Quality as always is great, goes on well and last the distance.

Picture:

Full Size Image

on 9/29/2007 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's probably one of the ugliest colors that OPI made. I have 2 bottles of this.. blah.. the color is really rotten/dead looking? It's really streaky.. maybe if i mix some colors it'll look nicer.

on 7/26/2007 3:36:00 PM

Chicago Champagne Toast is a silvery taupe (kinda bronze-y I'd say). You can see some pale purple in it too. I usually go for pink or coral n/p so I thought it would be fun to try something different.
This is a nice everyday color that is both fun but still pretty conservative. It's not a "crazy" color which makes it great for an everyday versatile look.

As always with OPI n/p the quality is superb! I will definitely keep buying more OPI n/p. It is an addiction! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this color and I'm so happy I purchased it! It reminds me alot of an old discontinued shade of Sally Hansen nailpolish that I loved back in high school. The only difference is that they Sally Hansen one was SLIGHTLY less brown and more mauve. I got the most compliments while wearing that nailpolish, and I was sad to find out it was discontinued. I couldn't seem to find a dupe in any other brand, so I gave up trying. Then this past weekend I was checking out the OPI display at my salon, and spotted Chicago Champagne Toast! I've seen it before, but I was worried it would look TOO brown on me. Boy, was I wrong! It's a great milk chocolate shade with a hint of rose and some purpley tones in it. It has just the right amount of shimmer. On me, it looks WAY better with two thick coats...one coat of this polish just looks BORING. The second coat makes all the difference, atleast to me!

on 6/11/2007 11:44:00 AM

EDIT - this looks really pretty with one coat of Princesses Rule as a top coat.

Love this colour on me, it seems to really suit my skin tone and looks very classy without being too flashy. Reds and pinks don't really seem to suit my colouring so this is becoming a bit of a staple. Would repurchase.

on 6/8/2007 10:31:00 PM

Most people would say OPI is great, but i think this color is alright. Nothing too especial. It is a neutral color with a hint of pink. Doesn't really look that good on my fingers. makes my fingers look dead.

on 2/22/2007 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've ignored this color for years and written it off as too boring. After seeing it on VC, I decided to buy it. It is a very soft mauvie/pink with a lot of shimmer on me, not boring just understated elegance. I really like it and think it will enter my rotation.

on 10/10/2006 9:34:00 AM

I really cannot decide whether or not I like this. Sometimes I think this is a pretty, classy, sort of understated color, and other times I think it looks frumpy and blah. This is an opaque, frosty near-metallic muted light dusty-rose taupe on my hands. It's the muted nature of the pink in this one that wrecks it for me, I think; if it were a touch brighter, or a touch less pink, or something to undo the muted blahness of this I think we might have had a chance together. This color reminds me of the super nice, wonderful guy you want to break-up with, but you have trouble doing it because you really don't have any good reason to other than that you just aren't feeling it.

on 9/28/2006 6:05:00 PM

This is a truly beautiful color. I was shocked at it's staying power as well. It's really one of those colors you can't go wrong with purchasing. On me it was sort of taupe, but also had a bit of a mauve undertone. Very pretty. If I ever run out I would want to repurchase, I think. Get it while you can. You won't regret it.

on 9/23/2006 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is my favorite neutral polish: shimmery beige. So classy, and it's opaque enough for one coat.

UPDATE: If they really changed the color I will be very upset.

Top Rated OPI Products