November 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Holy moly how have I not reviewed this yet? I love this stuff! But (and a very emphatic BUT) I do not follow the directions when I use this. Let me preface this by saying that my skin is pretty tough and accustomed to being assaulted with salicylic acid and BPO, so my way of using this may not be for you. Anyway....here goes: as written, the instructions tell you to apply the scrubby part first, then the liquid "activator." IMO (having taken lots of university chemistry, both organic and inorganic) this is bunk--basically you would be applying a baking soda based scrub, then putting the acidic part of the solution on top of it. Bases like baking soda react with acid to make WATER plus mineral salts, and the whole thing would be nearly completely ineffective for any sort of chemical exfoliation. Think about it...we use salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc. and use those to exfoliate, and here we are neutralizing the acid (that is what makes it foam) in this product before it can really do its job. The exfoliation you experience by using it this way is therefore pretty much purely physical exfoliation from the granules of baking soda in the scrub component of the kit. So with this in mind, I apply the "activator" solution first to my clean, damp, makeup-free skin, massage it in well, and let it sit for about a minute. After that I apply a gob of the scrub/crystals and massage that liberally all over my face, wetting my fingertips with a few drops of water as needed to make the mixture slide around more easily on my skin. This gives the acids ample time to work and eat away at the dead bits of my stratum corneum, whereafter I follow up with the physical exfoliation from the crystals to both neutralize the acid and slough off all the stuff that was just broken down by the acid. After I am satisfied with my scrubbing job I rinse thoroughly with tepid water, pat dry, and apply my moisturizer of choice. I am always amazed at how silky-smooth and soft my skin is afterward, especially if I haven't done this in a while. Feels like silk! If I weren't single I would prance out of the bathroom and make my boyfriend pet my face every time I used this (perhaps that is why I am still single?? hmmm). It is that good...just not when used as directed.

39 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by markysa

I'm starting to think my skin is an idealistic hipster who despises anything mainstream. I was sooo excited to try this after reading its amazing reviews, bought it online from the US, waiting for weeks to receive it, not to mention the shipping fee which cost me almost as insane as the price, thank god didn't buy the 2oz. As almost every products containing salicylic acid/lactic acid that I've tried, they either don't work the slightest bit, or aggravate my skin even more. I'm not sure whether it's the vitamin c/peptide peel (which smells grreat) or the activation serum that my skin hates, or maybe both, but it broke me out, everytime. I wanted to like this but just couldn't. I was thinking about getting the Olay dupe, but since it's very similar (the Olay one only contains lactic acid though) I'm thinking maybe no.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by ANNPED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! I really wanted to try this after reading the reviews here but hesitated at the price (75 euro). I decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did. After three weeks of using it every second day my skin has never looked better. It takes about five minutes in total, very easy to use and you can see the benefits immediately. I also have rosacea and this hasn't irritated my skin at all. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this peel. Although it's rather expenisve, this has lasted me through months (with about 2 uses per month) and it's the only thing that has helped with dark and stubborn post acne spots. Not only that, combined with other products in the Philosophy line (Purity and the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash) my skin has improved so much. I now get complimented on how clear and glowing it looks. So more than this product, I highly recommend the Philosophy Skin Care line.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a godsend.

I have combo oily skin, a lot of deep pores / oil activity around my nose, dry patches on my chin and the high points on my cheeks.

This helps even out my whole complexion to one standard surface. I rub it gently around my nose and just a teensy bit on my dry flaky bits, and let it sit. Then after 15 - 20 minutes, I put on the activating serum, rub the same areas in a bit more, wait 5 minutes and towel it off with a damp wash cloth. I use it once every second weekend.

I absolutely glow after using this. It looks like you slept all day and have baby skin; absolutely lovely. I used to need a seasonal facial mid-summer but I haven't had the urge since I've been using this. HG for me.

I know it's pricey but I'm totally rebuying once I'm done the set.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by CairiS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this product as a sample in store (a sachet of the VitC crystals and a sachet of the activation serum) as the Philosophy counter had just opened in my local department store.

I tried this out last night, unsure of what to expect as my skin in quite sensitive and prone to cystic acne around my chin. The vitaminC crystals smell amazing and really boosted my mood, but upon application of the serum the warmth was quite extreme and I very nearly gave up and washed the product off early, boy am I glad I didn't! My skin is baby soft, my acne scars are slightly reduced (I'm sure this effect would continue with more usage) and I definitely have a bit of a glow about me today! The reason this product gets 4 lippies from me is because of the price and also the fact that I had to moisturise twice, an hour apart, after using as my skin felt a little tight (it is absolutely fine this morning).

I REALLY wish this product was cheaper as it is completely out with my price range, I will definitely be looking for offers!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this product religiously and followed all instructions, in hoping to make my skin glow and beautiful for my wedding (I wanted to nip dullness and acne scars in the butt). Well, it worked! I'll admit, after the first use you won't notice much of a change except that your skin will be super soft but if you keep at it I swear people will start saying, "wow your skin looks great!" It happened to me, and my skin used to be horrible.The price isn't so bad, compared to a lot of products out there. I say if you just keep at it, this product definitely works. I would buy again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by susru

I bought this yesterday just to see the difference from OLAY peel kit to know how better Philosophy peel works. I used it today but I have not seen any difference from OLAY. I have harmonal acne and scars under my jaw. I am using this product to get rid of my scars basically.
I will update if I see any difference after few uses

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by msalsera

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love it! My friend gave me her already opened and used kit since she started using a Clarisonic Mia. She thought that it would be too much exfoliation to use together. After the first use, my skin felt softer and looked smoother! I then bought the Mia and stopped using the kit for the same reason my friend did. After using the Mia for awhile, my skin started to look at bit dull so I used the peel and voilą, my skin looks refreshed again. Will use regularly!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by lorrainelovesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this because of the glowing reviews. Unfortunately it did not do anything for me and I followed directions to a t. My skin was very soft, but that was all. Dissappointing!