September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Schiap

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kaycon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this lipstick! It's a neon pink colour. It has a cool blue undertone, and looks great on skins with a cool undertone. Very opaque, and it stays on for the entire day.This is definitely my favourite lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mia2749

So excited for spring bc this is def a spring/summer color. Works great on my tan caramel skin. First saw it on Kim K and loved it on her! Long lasting staying power as Nars matte lipsticks usually are. A must buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by foraudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the color, but I feel like it takes a lot for me to get the color one uniform shade on my lips. I get a lot of show through, even when I put concealer over my lips to make sure I get the full color pay off. I have other NARS lipsticks, and this is the first color I've had this problem with. I think there's something off about the formula, sadly. 3.5 lippies for the formula, but the color bumps it up to 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by sophia0408

I love this lipstick. Never really tried out a NARS lipstick until my friend had me try it on. I love love love this lipstick. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. & when I wore it, it was such a sassy color with my Super Orgasm lipgloss on top. A must have lipstick!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous bright pink! Perfect to add a bold pop of color to my NC35 skin. Best worn with neutral eyes so as to give this bold lip center stage on your face. Love everything except for the flavor/scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG. This shocking pink l/s (not the brand) bring so many memories. In the early 80s, when I was young, this was in vogue. In those days it would literally stop traffic because it was so bold and unconventional. Of course, I had it. :)

I could not pull it off at my present, venerable age. It's too much. I'd scare little children into hysterics.

BTW, I don't know who the girl on the third photograph is, but she is perfectly STUNNING.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The absolute hottest of hot pinks, Schiap is not for the faint of heart. It's extremely long wearing; it doesn't fade and is nearly impossible to remove, even with waterproof makeup remover. I own both this and MAC's Girl About Town and I can safely say that Schiap blows it out of the water; it is so much more brighter, vibrant and pink. As others have said, this calls for a dramatic look, but a very sophisticated one at that. This is such a beautiful shade and it's a shame none of the pictures do it justice. This is my absolute favourite lipstick and I'd have no hesitation repurchasing it when mine (eventually) runs out.

Fun fact: Schiap lipstick is named after late fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli. François Nars created this lipstick in the likeliness of the colour of the cover of her biography "A shocking Life".

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

For once, Sephora's description ("semi-matte shocking pink") is spot on. Schiap is very bright neon pink and the texture is semi-matte and a bit drying. It's very bright and in-your-face, which unfortunately means it's not very practical for me and won't get much wear. Not for those who want a natural looking pink or are afraid of wearing bright colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sthomas1

AMAZING lipstick. Neon bright pink, long-lasting matte texture, gorgeous packaging. I'm very pale and love this, but it's definitely a dramatic look. Very expensive, but worth it. Makes MAC's Girl About Town look boring! It's blue-toned so makes teeth look whiter. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is so beautiful. Other than Funny Face, this is the only other stand-out shade from NARS that I've bought. Looking forward to wearing this during the Summer.