NARS Schiap

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Was not impressed by this lipstick, even though it has such a fun reputation. It looked really dark on my lips, probably because they are so pigmented. I had a better look when I used Revlon's Stormy Pink.

Also, the texture of this lipstick is so dry. Had to use a lip gloss.

And the color is not opaque enough for 1 swipe. Have to layer it multiple times to get that full look, and it's hard not to have an uneven line.

on 4/22/2012 4:18:00 AM

This is the perfect shocking pink lipstick. I love the comfortable, long-lasting, semi-matte finish. Looks great with simple nude eye make up and lots of black mascara. It's my summer version of 'red' lipstick and wear it on nights out with the girls. It's a head turning color for sure!

on 4/13/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Beautiful fun hot pink colour. Looks great paired with a bronzy look and mascara. I blot it on my lips then smooth it out with my hands so it doesn't come out to bright. I'm an Nc45 reference. I would definitely recommend for caramel girls.
UPDATE: too dry for me! took it back to Sephora

on 3/1/2012 2:32:00 AM

if you're looking for a statement lip color, look no further. schiap is the color equivalent of an exclamation point to me. it's bright neon pink with no shimmer but not completely matte either. it is drying on me so i have to really exfoliate and moisturize to get it to look nice. i like wearing this with very minimal makeup just because it is such a shocking color.

on 2/29/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

LOVE this lipstick! It's a neon pink colour. It has a cool blue undertone, and looks great on skins with a cool undertone. Very opaque, and it stays on for the entire day.This is definitely my favourite lipstick.

on 2/12/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So excited for spring bc this is def a spring/summer color. Works great on my tan caramel skin. First saw it on Kim K and loved it on her! Long lasting staying power as Nars matte lipsticks usually are. A must buy!

on 1/23/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the color, but I feel like it takes a lot for me to get the color one uniform shade on my lips. I get a lot of show through, even when I put concealer over my lips to make sure I get the full color pay off. I have other NARS lipsticks, and this is the first color I've had this problem with. I think there's something off about the formula, sadly. 3.5 lippies for the formula, but the color bumps it up to 4.

on 1/23/2012 12:04:00 AM

I love this lipstick. Never really tried out a NARS lipstick until my friend had me try it on. I love love love this lipstick. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. & when I wore it, it was such a sassy color with my Super Orgasm lipgloss on top. A must have lipstick!!!

on 1/22/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gorgeous bright pink! Perfect to add a bold pop of color to my NC35 skin. Best worn with neutral eyes so as to give this bold lip center stage on your face. Love everything except for the flavor/scent.

on 12/5/2011 11:48:00 PM

OMG. This shocking pink l/s (not the brand) bring so many memories. In the early 80s, when I was young, this was in vogue. In those days it would literally stop traffic because it was so bold and unconventional. Of course, I had it. :)

I could not pull it off at my present, venerable age. It's too much. I'd scare little children into hysterics.

BTW, I don't know who the girl on the third photograph is, but she is perfectly STUNNING.

Popular Lipsticks