October 2, 2014 | 1849 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lilktmus

This perfume is probably my favorite. It's more of a winter perfume smell to me but it works in every season. Unlike other perfume which are either too flowery, too musky, this one has a light scent that is pleasing to the nose and very elegant. I prefer this over Clean's perfumes.

When you first spray it, it might be too strong but let it settle in and you'll Know why this is my favorite.

I would definitely recommend this. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because the smell does kind of faints a bit after a couple of hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

When I first tried this on I thought omg I am in heaven I want more ...more..more I loved the fresh powdery scent but then the dry down came and ewwwwwwwww yuck like an overpowering powder weird smell The dry down was horrible on me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

Cashmere Mist is so perfectly named. I really do think of cozy sweaters, fireplaces and snuggles. I have tried both the Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum- and to tell you the truth I am surprised they are not reviewed separately since they seem so different on the skin. So I will review the fragrance in two parts. However, first you should know the fragrance notes. Cashmere Mist has a fresh top note of Apple, floral middle notes of Jasmine, Lilly of the Valley, and Suede, than a warm base note of Musk, Sandalwood, Amber, Cashmere wood and Vanilla.

---Cashmere Mist EDT---
The EDT version comes in a misted glass flacon that looks like a cut of ice. When spritzed on, I certainly pick up on the apple, cashmere, amber, and vanilla with a powdery over tone. The powdery effect of the fragrance gives it a mature quality, that is also cozy as well as capable of subduing the strong notes present. The dry down is less powdery and more amber and vanilla. I also detected licorice. Even though it was not listed it smelled so similar. The EDT definitely lasts much longer than the EDP. The EDT lasted for a good 8 hours on me before fading to a gentle tone of vanilla with that licorice note I detected. Overall it was a very lovely fragrance that seems to transcend age and season. As I mentioned, the powdery quality of the perfume matures it.

---Cashmere Mist EDP---
Comes in an ice cut flacon that is clear glass, unlike the EDT. The EDP is not as complex as the EDT, instead of opening up and changing, it seems to smell the exact same from start to finish. Itís hard to describe the scent because it was so different from the EDT. I didnít notice any powdery overtone, it was very creamy and warm- but almost gourmand. I also noticed the licorice tone here, especially the vanilla, suede, and cashmere. The rest of the notes melded together to create something unique and distinct. This fragrance is more like a sister- similar but not identical. If you have ever smelt American Cream solid perfume (or conditioner) from Lush- it is almost identical to the EDP fragrance. Which is strange since the notes are different. Additionally, the lasting power of the EDP is half that of the EDT. I got 4 hours of continuous wear before it faded to gentle creamy floral vanilla that faded a few hours later. The EDP seems more youthful, but can also transcend age and season.

Overall, I enjoyed both the EDT and the EDP (favoring the EDP a little more) however; I donít plan to purchase a full bottle. I donít feel that I currently identify with the EDT on a personal level. As for the EDP- there would be no point in spending money on $90 bottle, when I can get the American Cream Solid perfume for $9 and still enjoy an identical fragrance for less.
Happy Shopping!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by dawnhroberts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Cashmere Mist. I also used to wear the Donna Karan self named fragrance and loved it too. It's stayed a go-to scent for me for over 10 years. I wear this in the winter or on a night when I want to feel super sexy.

Summertime is another story. I like very fresh, clean, green fragrances when the temperature goes above 70. Bulgari Green Tea, Antonia's Flowers, CREED Spring Flowers and Bond No. 9 Eau de New York are my classic summer picks.

Fragrance is all about chemistry, how it melds with your personal scent. That's the reason that certain fragrances smell fabulous in the bottle or on a friend and just don't work for you personally.

I'm always on the look out for a new favorite, that's why I enjoy blogs like this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can appreciate the powdery elegance of this fragrance, as well as its proud refusal to succumb to categorization. I always have to give truly distinctive fragrances at least two lippies.

However, there is something about it that makes me feel really queasy-- even smelling it on other people. It reminds me of Samsara by Guerlain in many ways, the sandalwood and the slightly indolic jasmine. And Samsara is a real scrubber for me. Unfortunately, so is this. Again-- it's a lovely scent in and of itself, I just can't tolerate it personally.

If you enjoy Samsara, Oscar, Vanderbilt, or sandalwood essential oil, give Cashmere Mist a try. Just not near me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Apizzle

Love this scent! I use this scent at meetings and if I'm going to be outside a lot. It has a nice light scent. Adore!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite fragrance. There is only one other that has come close. I love this fragrance so much that I only wear it on rare occassions as treat. I hope they never stop making the fragrance. LUV IT!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by geraniumkiss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent is absolutely horrible on me, I had to scrub it off almost immediately it was so bad. I don't know what it was, it was very heavy, cloying and just bad. Not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by drseuss

I have a sample of this fragrance and it is definitely a mature scent. A lovely, lovely scent. Definitely the fragrance of sophistication and maturity. I would suggest getting a sample. I would not go purchase the bottle because I feel the scent is too old for me, however it smells awesome which was why I picked up a sample!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this fragrance! Can't believe I didn't review it sooner. It is my HG though I consider it to be a little on the expensive side for me. I've found the scent to last the longest when layered with the body cream. I often wear the body cream alone, especially for work since I know the scent will be just right, not overpowering. My husband originally bought me sets of this as Christmas presents. I've never been one to use body powder but I have found a use for this perfumed talc. On those days I just don't have time for washing my hair, I apply a little of this powder to my roots & massage in. After my shower I brush my hair thoroughly. The oilies are gone & my hair smells great. I've tried other fragrances but I always come back to my Cashmere Mist.