Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme

on 10/8/2007 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

*2c/3a curly*
I've been using this for maybe just over 3 months and i think this actually might be THE ONE :) To be honest, what i love about it most, is it's smell! I don't even know what it is .. i wana say bubble gum, but i know its not that.. i dont particularly want to smell of any kind of candy! Whatever it is.. bumble & bumble.. THANKYOU! If they brought out a hair freshener of this scent i would no doubt be first in line. ANYWAYS, about the actual product.. it works! (for me anyways) I use it along with b&b's defrizz and it seems to be a great combination. I use the about a cap size blob of creme after i towel dry, make sure to use it evenly and comb it through, scrunch a bit (im not a fan of scrunching.. simply because im lazy) then leave it to dry. I haven't tried it with a diffuser yet but will have try that soon. When my hair is almost dry I'll then finger comb a tiny plop of defrizz through and with the left overs on my hands ill just run my hands over my hair and it leaves my hair lovely soft and shiny! I actually have used the matching shampoo and conditioner but to be honest i don't think it makes much of a difference to how this creme works. I'm currently using matrix biolage hydrating shampoo & conditioner which makes my hair noticeably softer than any others i've ever used! The only reason for the 4 lippies is with every other b&b product.. the price.. ive never really been one to count my change but £20 is alot. Whatever though, id still buy it!

on 10/4/2007 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very thick and wavey hair. I always straighten with a brush and hairdryer. I heard this stuff was good, so I thought I'd try it out and wear it curly for a day. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my hair that night when we went out. My husband noticed and said whatever it is I used on my hair to keep using it, because he loved it. It left my hair very soft. I had nice soft curls/waves and no frizz. I used it along with the B&B Curl Conscious Shampoo and Conditioner. The stylist told me they were meant to be used together. I will definitely keep using it! I applied it to towel dried hair. Then I flipped my hair upside down and used a low emf hair dryer and scrunched. It came out beautiful!

on 7/5/2007 11:32:00 AM

I recently went to the beach, and bought this product line last minute before i left. I purchased the grooming creme along with the tonic, the curling creme for medium to thick hair, and the holding spray. These products are meant to be layered to be effective, so after washing my hair, i first use the tonic, then the curling creme (which smells devine), then the grooming creme, followed by the holding spray. My hair is long, thick, and curly with a tendancy to frizz, poof, and be wavy in some areas. These product used together do seem to define my curls and get rid of the waviness, and while they don't completely eliminate the frizz, they have reduced it considerably. They did not however seem the to have much effect on reducing the poofiness or volume of my hair. These results were achieved by air drying as i did not blow dry my hair while on the beach vacation. Except for the holing spray, none of these products provide any hold, but on the upside left my hair feeling soft and silky to the touch. I also did not care much for the packaging on the grooming creme. I may more than likely repurchase until i find something better. Turnoffs: (holding power, price, having to use multiple products to acheive effect.) Turnons: (curl defining power, scent, soft hair.)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Not exactly impressed with this product. I have been meaning to buy it for a couple of years now and finally got around to it when my usual HG (Kiehlís Silk Groom) product ran out and I couldnít get to the Kiehlís counter. I bought this out of convenience and am quite disappointed. The best thing going for it is the scent. Otherwise, I just donít like the shape of my curls or the consistency of my hair when I use it. My usually thick and culy hair becomes flat and wavy. I also donít like that I have to apply it at just the right time, with the right amount of wetness in my hair and then dry immediately otherwise I end up with a frizzy mess. Worst part is, I usually wash my hair every other day (and my curls look better the second day) but I canít when I use this b/c my curls fall out. I have to admit though, I have used samples of the Shampoo and Conditioner in conjunction with this and had good results but to keep all 3 stocked is way too expensive.

on 12/30/2006 7:59:00 AM

This is one of the best leave in treatments for curly hair that I have ever tried. It encourages ringlets and cuts down on the frizz. Yes it is expensive, but if it works I'll pay for it. Great smell and not too overpowering. I find that on its own it has no hold, so I do mix it with a gel. Will definitely repurchase.

on 11/10/2006 8:38:00 AM

This was recommended to me by a dancer friend of mine, who lets her hair dry naturally and wears it wavy on stage - gorgeous! It is the best curling product I have personally tried, although I am still searching for one a little cheaper! Also, a bit more shine would be nice. But it is better than Aveda's Be Curly in that it makes my hair feel soft, and defines curls without crunch! (Be Curly is nice in my hair simply as a leave-on conditioner, when wet..not as effective for my waves/curls as B & B.)

on 8/20/2006 7:30:00 PM

i do like this product...althought its utility depends on the season for me. (does nothing really for the summer humidity induced frizz.) in the winter months, it holds my curl pattern wonderfully- i have a lot of thick, wavy/curly hair, and when used properly (in a wet set) my hair dries into ringlets. (without the wet set, my hair air-dries into soft curls- very pretty.) the smell and texture of the creme is pleasant. pricey, but lasts a while, and works so well!

on 8/20/2006 2:23:00 PM

Although I am a huge BB fan, I was dissapointed with this product. It made my hair look crunchy and did not give much curl or boost. For the price tag, there are other lines that do the job just as good if not better. Not sure if I would purchase again.

on 7/3/2006 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Recieved this from a fellow mua (Ginghampop), and I really like this. I combine this with mousse when I'm going to style my hair. On its own, it didn't really do too much besides give my hair some weight. Plus, a little seems to go a long way. I just wet my hair, scrunch the product through, then apply the mousse, making sure the product is distributed evenly. I let it air-dry. It gives adequate definition where I need it.

on 5/16/2006 8:10:00 PM

I have very thick curly blonde hair, and this product, combined with TIGI Curls Rock is my daily savior! I comb it through my hair, follow with the Curls Rock, give my hair a couple of scrunches, and I'm good to go. I find that the Curl Creme really helps to reduce frizz, but keeps my curls soft, not hard the way they feel with mousse. The bottle is really not all that cool or attractive, but it dispenses the product just fine. Might be nice to have a translucent package to see how much is left. So far I've had it for about 4 months, using it maybe 3 times a week, and still have probably about 1/3 to a half of the bottle left. I will definitely buy again once I run out.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products