Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish

4.2

Talc, Squalene, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Magnesium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Chloride, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Chromium Oxide Green.

on 8/22/2009 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've got this in Look 4, and it is definately one of the best powders out there.
It gives you a glowy airbrushed look and makes your face flawless.
i use this with a powder brush and have had several people comment it.
Compact is a little big but apart from that its a great product.

on 8/10/2009 7:25:00 PM

I like the shine-control aspect, and it does couple well with Napoleon Perdis' liquid minimal makeup for that sheer "natural beauty" look, but it's a bit dry and chalky compared to other pressed powders I've used. Also, I recommend that you definitely don't apply it with the given sponge, but use a brush instead.

on 7/22/2009 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really like this as a light-coverage powder foundation. I got in in Look 3 which is sort of grey-ish looking in the pan, but it is meant to help eliminate redness. It looks perfect on- sheer coverage but enough to make my skin look fantastic without looking like I have makeup on. I'm very pleased with this product! For reference, I am about an NC20-25 right now. In the winter, though I will likley switch to Look 1.

on 6/14/2009 4:30:00 AM

i love this powder. its really great for people who dont need alot of coverage. its light and keeps me shine free throughout the entire day. ALSO its the only powder that doesnt make me break out!
the only downside is the price and the NP packaging. The lables ALWAYS rub off so i dont know wht the hell im using. but overall, really good product and i would buy it again...if i could afford it -_-

on 5/23/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great. I really like how it doesnt look cakey but it still keeps my skin grease-free throughout the day. Good for combination skin. The only downside is the packaging. The clip to close it broke on mine just after i bought it so now I have to place an elastic around it.

on 5/11/2009 3:40:00 AM

My HG powder!

I love this, I've used so many different powder foundations; Dior, Chanel, MAC, Clinque.. None of them even came close to the perfection that is Napoleon Camera Finish!

This doesn't cake around my oily areas (t-zone) it doesn't settle into my pores, it doesn't look heavy and I only need to retouch once or twice a day, with every other product I've had to retouch once an hour.

I use this over skinflash dior foundation, so I use it more as a setting powder than just foundation by itself.

It's great, I definitely recommend

on 4/12/2009 11:18:00 PM

This is awful! It feels like a drugstore powder, for triple the price.

It doesn't give a "camera finish"......I model, I know what a "camera finish" is, and this isn't it.

It rubs off within two hours, and clumps into the natural contours of your face looking odd (it gathers in eye sockets, cupid's bow etc).

I bought it because I thought it would have the "camera finish" so I could wear it every day and not worry about bad photos of me being taken. Wrong! So wrong! It contains these horrible illuminating pigments which are of such pore quality they serve only to emphasize flaws, not cover or detract from them. You look like a glittery disco ball in photos.

If you want a "camera finish" I suggest using an actual photographically-designed brand, like Evolve, who make make-up primarily for editorial make-up artists (and it doesn't cost near as mush as this cr@p).

It breaks and crumbles in the case, and doesn't last. Mine went, (thankfully) within 2 months, and I was only using this for "basic" make-up (like to put on before doing the groceries, or at home) because I don't like waste.

on 2/27/2009 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Excellent product, great finish and sets like a dream, will definitely repurchase - but I accidentally ordered Look 3 instead of Look 4 and it is quite pricey. Oh dear! Anybody want to swap? =(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product when I first got it as a present.
It gives you that flawless look and covers quite well, although during the day if you need to reapply it can appear cakey in the T-zone. Especially around the cheek area, next to the nose because the oil seems to make the powder look funny and if you try to apply more to reduce shine or even it out it can look worse and leave a patchy look in oily spots. Besides that it is a good product, probably more for those with less oily skin who just need a bit of evening out or a boost. I would probably reserve it for winter months when skin is less oily and the sun is less hot.

im asian so i got the look 4
ive only used it once and I AM IMPRESSED :D
i dont use the sponge either.. i use a large powder brush
its a very very fine powder and i use it to set my foundation
it doesnt look cakey or anything and it makes me look like glowier... :S
love it love it love it
i got it for 44 AUS bucks! :D cos it was 20% off NP on boxing day
wheeeeeeeee!
only sad thing is the packaging seems flimsy and ugly to me..
but whatevs