Cacharel Amor Amor

3.8

on 4/13/2011 10:59:00 AM

Nice fruity floral on me, I hate to say it but no separate notes really jump out on me it's just a mish mash of yum! Unfortunatly it's very short lived on my perfume eating skin, I sprayed it 2 hours ago and it's almost gone at this point. It's nice but I won't buy it because I already own ten billion fruity florals and this dosn't really stand out among the crowd, although it is a bit powdery which is nice, most of the fruity/florals I like are rather brash and this is nice and soft.....maybe I will have to invest in a bottle!

on 3/2/2011 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this perfume.. I got it when I was in 8th grade and I asked my mom for the box set.. I think it was around 60..i just recently found a big bottle of it at kohls! I use it all the time and I love that its very strong cuz it lasts long and I love the smell..i don't see it on the department stores like nordstroms anymore, I hope they don't discontinue it cuz its in my top 3 favorite perfumes

on 1/27/2011 9:00:00 AM

This goes on overly sweet. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it. It reminded me of the smell of red licorice and it seemed "too much". But when it sits on my skin for a while it gets a bit sharper (in a good way = it cuts the sweetness down) and more floral. I really ended up liking this a lot, to the point where I have repurchased probably 3 or 4 times. It definitely still falls into that sugary sweet category, though. So if that's not your thing, avoid. But if you like sweet fragrances, this is a good one.

on 1/21/2011 5:04:00 PM

This is ok. I love the other reviewers story about knowing someone who wore this and she "associates" the girl with the fragrance. I truly think that can come into play. (See my review on Ralph Lauren Blue). Sometimes a fragrance makes a person and sometimes a person makes a fragrance.
I am very "indifferent" to this perfume. I won't wear it...it is not me. But I could see another person carry it off beautifully.
That is one thing I love about these reviews. Before I ever purchase another fragrance, I read these reviews because they will make a difference in you "experience" with a fragrance. I love fragrances I did not like before. Anyway, this fragrance is pleasant, just not me.

on 1/19/2011 9:22:00 PM

I bought this scent because I liked it on a friend... on me it was wrong, wrong, wrong. Amor Amor ended up being so sickeningly sweet with my body chemistry that I just couldn't wear it anymore. If I smell this scent I instantly get a headache. I really wanted to like this perfume, but it just didn't work for me. I rate it a 2 because it smelled OK at first.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

cheap stinky yet very strong perfume. amazing staying power to the point where in order to mask the smell to prevent anymore nausea I had to wash, then scrub my forearm (where i sprayed only a tiny amount) with a baby wipe, then cocoa butter......after a few minutes it seemed to have gotten stronger! so then i had to massage my forearm with babyoil then wipe off THEN apply a strong smelling lotion from BBW over it to at least somewhat mask the stink. it helps but i can still smell it through the strong scented lotion. this is my 3rd try with this perfume. and i was correct the last 2 times. i hate it.

on 1/1/2011 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Overall impression? Amor Amor is rather... insipid. The red currant and mandarin are really, really prominent, in an artificial way. The dry-down smells very similar to Dream Angels Heavenly by Victoria's Secret- there's a lot of sandalwood and clean amber- only swap out the peonies of DAH for lilies. This is a simple, but warm and invigorating perfume. I don't find it achingly sweet because the currant/citrus combo is fairly tart! I'm glad I only spent 10 bucks on this.

on 10/18/2010 10:13:00 PM

I've loved the smell of this since the first time I tore open a magazine that featured a small sample folded up inside. It was one of those moments where you forget all about the magazine and have a new goal: find that perfume!
I finally broke down and purchased a small bottle. 50 bucks for perfume?! Whew, that was rough, but when I got it, I didn't regret it and I use it sparingly... it's lasted me at least 6 months. I will continue to purchase this perfume until they stop making it!

on 10/15/2010 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it!! I fell in love with it from a magazine and I just had to buy it!

on 9/9/2010 10:58:00 PM

I have used Amor Amor for a few years now and its my go-to fragrance. Its really unique and sensual, and I will continue to buy this again and again. Love it!

Popular Fragrances