July 24, 2014 | 1962 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by kace005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is one of the most versatile bar "soaps" out their. Not only is it super cheap, but it can be used as a shower and face wash. I think the problem is that people expect instant results, but you need to use it regularly for a couple weeks (at least I did). The smell is great and leaves your skin soft regardless.

Make sure you moisturize afterwards though. The salicylic acid can cause your skin to dry out, but also controls oil. Personally I use this is the morning and a more lotion-based wash in the evenings (my skin is very oily, acne prone and sensitive).

Oh and a note on storage: make sure you keep it in a dry spot. This is NOT really soap (soap is not that good for your skin because it has a high pH) so it melts a bit if it doesn't have the chance to dry.

Good luck with this product. At this price, its definately worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by mebama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like it. I have had no luck with other luxury brand cleansers. I decided to find something that could mildly combat acne and not irritate my skin doing so.

It's really good at removing makeup, especially eye makeup and it doesn't dry out my face. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

This product has been a hit for me!! I suffer from acne and always have a pimple either coming up or going down. In the past, I used Proactiv Repair Lotion. However, when I read that benzoyl peroxide contributes to premature aging (futurederm.com), I knew I needed to find another treatment. Using the same website, I read that saliylic acid is just as effective at treating acne as benzoyl peroxide, and without the premature aging. Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar was then recommended by the same website.

I am so glad I decided to give this product a try. I switched from Neutrogena Face Wash (the orange gel cleanser) and immediatly stopped using Proactiv. My breakouts have gotten 90 % better, and the more I use this soap the less I break out. I was worried using a product with acid in it would dry my skin out (as dry skin has been a huge problem with the Proactiv and another reason I stopped using it). However, I am plesantly surprised that this soap leaves my skin feeling baby soft and not tight at all! I actually noticed a difference the FIRST time I used it. Also, salycilic acid facilitates the skin's absorption of other products (such as retinol).

One other note. According to a study reported by futurederm.com, to receive the benefits of the active ingredients in a soap, you must wash you face for at least one minute in order to give the ingredients time to be absorbed by your skin. I would say I scrub my face (gently) for probably five minutes just to make sure I don't miss a spot. I believe following this advice every time I wash my face along with never missing a morning or night wash has greatly improved the benefits of this soap.

Update: I've been using this soap for almost three months now and still love it. I liked the results so much on my face, that I actually started using it as my body soap as well. It has done a great job clearing up my back-ne!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by lusciouslyna89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok, so I didn't even think about letting this product touch my face, but I went on and bought it, because as previous reviewers have mentioned, this does great for BACNE.
And it does! I used this bar for 3 months and I no longer have acne on my back. Here and there i get a little blemish..
but its no big deal. It is so great because now I can wear backless shirts whenever I want to without feeling awkward on how my back looks.
And if my bacne starts to flare up, i'll definitely keep using this soap.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM BACNE!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jenni_bebe

i used it too wash my face and it made it really dry and tight after wards it took to much moisture out of my skin. as for clearing pimples it didnt do much is just made them red and irradiated

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by rinny1211

This cleanser is absultely disguisting! I would never buy this products again & nor would I recommend it to anyone. I bought it due to how cheap it was & I ws hoping for a quick fix fr my breakouts. There are other cheaper products that are much better such as cetaphil gentle skin cleansing bar & antibacterial bar that is much healthier for your skin becasue it doesn't overdry our cause reactions. This product reaked havoc on my skin. First I used it on my face & for soem body acne. It made my skin red, burn, & extremely itchy. I wanted to cry because it was so horrible the way it made me feel. It made my skin super dry, itchy, crack, & red. My lips & eyes dried out realy bad too. I couldn't believe how horrible this cleanser was. The original oatmeal bar cleanser for acne was so much better. Not only that the smell was unbearable as well. I think that if alot of products were made more natural, with less chemicals, & fragrance free it be much better. There is no reason why a face cleanser should ever have frangrance added to it because it just irritates sensative skin. I only used it for like 3 days & I am never waisteful but it was so horrible I just through it out. What a waiste of money!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I bought it based on the reviews here. I am an asian with combination skin (most of my skin is dry)and I like it! It made my skin soft and smooth. It's a little bit drying for me (since I used lots of them every time) but with its low price, it's an excellent cleanser. Hope it keeps doing well, so I can keep purchasing it. UPDATE: the drying problem seems to be more serious after a week of use, My face looks like i have a mild chemical burn. :< I don't think it's intended to be used for face. As someone said, i think it's for oily skin or backacne.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this thinking that it would work for my oily but sensitive skin. Boy was I wrong! After using it a few times, my entire face burned and turned red and blotchy. Each time I used it it got worse. I've used many salicylic acid cleansers w/o getting this effect, so I don't know if there's something else in there that reacted with my face. I had to throw it away and start alternating Basis bar soap for sensitive skin with Neutrogena foaming cleanser with salyclic acid, after which my skin calmed down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sara_cabreros

HG face cleanser! i love this stuff! i love bar soaps when it comes to facial cleansers. this stuff lathers up and makes my face feel moisturized and soft and not dry and itchy like some bar soaps would. it also smells amazing. i use this twice a day, and will keep using it forever. it's under $3, too, and lasts me at least 2 - 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by CaliforniaKush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! It's almost like it was custom made for me. It makes my skin soooo soft, smells amazing, and really helps keep my skin balanced. I use it everyday in the shower, and use the moiturizer when im done. The toner works great too! Absolutely love it!!