April 21, 2014 | 988 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Jungle Red

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ieatestrogens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this red! One of my 2 favorite shades of red lipstick. I love how matte this looks when applied, however its a little drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by rubylarue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this red. So red. On the warm red side, but really mostly a true true red.
It doesn't smell good, and shows every imperfection. I apply lipliner first over my entire lips, then slide it on. Stays forever and totally worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Love this red!! This is a little tiny bit on the brick side. A little darker and not as bright as I'm normally used to. The formula is semi-matte. Just a hint of a sheen. I love it. I'm wearing it atm and it still looks as good as when I first applied it many hours ago. The sheen is gone but the color is still true. I love the formula, It glides on easily and is pigmented. I apply a lot since I love the way it glides so I just apply and apply, lol. Smells nice, a light vanilla scent. Doesn't come with as much product as It should for the price, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

junge red is a very bright orangey red matte. while i love the colour, i don't often find myself reaching for it because i find it far too drying. this is another of those lipsticks that requires alot of prep work before application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is, as with all Nars lipsticks, a good product, but not quite the shade I would have wished for. My all time favourite red is Mac's Lady Danger - ideally I would have that shade with the quality of a Nars lipstick.

Jungle Red is a little less of an orange-yellow and has a shade more blue in it than Lady Danger and so doesn't quite suit my colouring as well. But all is not lost as I wear it under a golden shade that looks naff on its own and the combination looks strangely fetching!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by oskomena

This is -not- a blue-based red. A swatch comparing it with MAC's Russian Red will clearly show that it is orange-based. However, it is one of the lipsticks that is closest to true red out there. Regardless, it is gorgeous and possibly one of my favourite reds ever. It has great texture, isn't drying at all, and lasts forever on your lips, even after eating - too bad it's so pricey, because otherwise I would rate it 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

i'm normally a mac lipstick fan, but sometimes, NARS get the colours JUST RIGHT, and there is no substitution. Jungle red is one of them. it's the perfect red that doesn't make your teeth look yellow, it's bold but not tacky, and it's RED, not orange, not pink, it's a proper red, which is surprisingly hard to find. Admittedly it's not an everyday colour, but every girl needs a good red lipstick to make her feel sexy right? XD
the texture is a bit drying, as it's a matt colour. so pile on the lip balm beforehand ladies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is NOT a orange-red. It is a bright blue based red. I have golden olive undertones and this doesnt quite work with me. It looks bad actually. For a real orange-red go for heatwave. That color is phenomonal. Jungle red is great for blue cool toned gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by helene_helene

My only red lipstick. It is very matt and quite drying but the look it creates is stunning.
A bright red with a warm undertone. Just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Dry but such a pretty color. Very matte. Looks so pretty and kinda natural when dabbed on, or dramatic when slicked on like true lipstick. A very unique red.

Everyone: it's orange based!! but it doesn't look orange when on. Just like a true warm toned, hot hot red. And that's why I bought it.