September 1, 2014 | 1865 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - 24 Hour Moisture

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by pushpop

Easily the best value-for-money moisturizer in the market! I am really impressed with its moisturizing effect that seem to last through the day and/or night. I usually put some on before I go swimming as well and find that it helps reduce flakiness/dry scaly skin afterward. Best used straight after you towel dry from a bath/shower. Really cheap and it more importantly it works the way it said it would! Fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

You get so much for the price that this lotion is worth a try. It does have a scent but it's fairly faint. I cannot use havely scented products on my body and have used this stuff with no problem. I don't understand the 24 hour claim, to me this is just your everyday lotion that absorbs quickly.
Before this, I was using the Suave Advanced Therapy lotion which is also very good but it seemed to make my hands itchy if I used more than once or twice a day, this stuff hasn't done that so I will probably stick with St. Ives unless soemthing even better comes along. Not HG but pretty darn close.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beantown620

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me, this wasn't a "life-altering" product, but I would repurchase it again. I used the oatmeal and shea butter lotion from St. Ives and wasn't satisfied so I bought this one instead the next time around. It smells really, really good and it definitely kept my skin smooth and supple throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by gummiebear22

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion makes my skin super soft. It has somewhat of a rosy scent that smells awesome. It's perfect for using in the shower because the cap has a tight seal so water stays of out it. The only thing that is not so great is that sometimes you have to work a little to get the lotion out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kjcloud

This is such a good moisturizer, I used it after my shower and it really does keep my legs moisturized. Seriously, my legs aren't dry yet even though I applied the moisturizer last night. You can also try a little to use as a lip balm and it makes your lips super soft, but you cant rub your lips together or it'll become dry again...hope that made sense.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

good enough for the size!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sinnedka

I don't think this stuff lasts 24 hours, but it does a really great job of moisturizing. I use it in the winter a lot and it certainly gets the job done. It does have a slight scent to to, but I notice that it generally doesn't linger.

The pump works fine until the very end of the bottle. When there isn't much product left, it really frustrating to try and get it out. The only way I can get all of it out is to take out the pump and leave the bottle set on its side on an incline. This is annoying and the lotion usually ends up drying out.

Overall, considering the price (cheap and often on sale) and the performance, I would buy this again -- despite the packaging issue.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by tashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am devastated!!! This was the only moisturiser that worked on my super dry skin..I searched for years for the perfect product and was so happy to find it in St Ive's 24 hour moisture. I often received compliments on my 'baby smooth skin'. I went to buy a bottle or 3 the other day and SHOCK HORROR I noticed they had "new formula" splashed across the top of the bottle. I raced home to put in on and was immediately accosted by this Hideous scent...Cheap, Floral, NASTY.

It's so bad I can't even stand wearing it once in awhile to help my skin...Please St Ives....get rid of that awful smell…I will love you forever!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:38:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I consider this lotion to be mediocre. One of my problems with most lotions is that they usually disappear on me rather quickly. When I saw the "24-hour" label on the bottle I bought this on impulse, thinking it would solve the problem.

I find that this isn't very moisturizing. The scent gives me a headache when I smell too much of it. The film it leaves (I believe its called hydratein?) makes me feel sticky and uncomfortable. It really DOES feel like you're wearing another layer, which is a no-no in the humid climate I live in. So to finish up my bottle I only use it at night, and will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff. It absorbs super fast so I use it as my daily moisturizer, especially after shaving. It's gentle enough to use on my just-shaved skin and doesn't make them feel greasy. Does it last 24 hours? Probably not. Certainly not on my hands anyway. But it's a great price and a great formula overall.