August 28, 2014 | 867 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by tnxmami

Love it! I have oily skin and this definitely works great to eliminate shine and leave your skin looking matte without looking super powdery. I am an NC45 and love how the powder is meant to be translucent for darker complexions. Although most people don't, I actually use the puff it comes with. I just press the powder on my t-zone and then buff it out with a kabuki or face brush. I would recommend that if you are going to use the puff, to keep the plastic lid on top of the powder so that oils from the puff (from your previous uses) don't seep into the product. It's not super expensive..but it's not drugstore either! Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by carolinekan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it. I'm an NC30 and thought this might be a little dark, but it works just fine! Great, actually. You don't need to use a lot, so it doesn't look cakey, and it keeps away the shinies. I don't have oily skin, but my T-zone does get pretty oily throughout the day, and this works. The good thing's that it doesn't make your skin unnaturally matte, just a satiny finish.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I am an NC42/C4, and this was a bit dark on me. I think I should have gone a shade lighter. Anyways, this did not control oil for me.. I turned into my usual greseball mode in under an hour. This worked better than regular facepower for a bit, but nothing so dramatic. I used it for a while, and een hit pan on it within a few months. But ever since I bought MAC prep+prime transparent finishing powder, Iv put this in my B2M pile. I dont recc. this for those who are really oily, because it does not work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Curlygurl7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using for many years. I love that I can quickly swipe this over my makeup and only the oil is gone, it doesn't disturb any of the makeup that I had put on first thing in the morning. Great product on MAC's behalf because I don't usually care for any of their face products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it first came out moons ago. I am NC45/NW40. I use Dark in the Oil Blot powder. But here's what's funny. I bought it, used it once or twice and didn't like it (I forgot why) and hid it away in my purse cosmetic bag. Years and years later, I tried it again. Because my skin is so oily, I blot with Clean & Clear blotters very frequently during my 12 hour shift at work. One day, early during my shift, I blotted with Clean & Clear and then applied MAC's Oil Blot afterwards. I never had a problem with oil again for the rest of my shift!!!!!! Unbelievable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one thing that I got lucky with..is my skin* its acne free, no scars, its neither oily nor dry, but sometimes a little dryer then I like.

I have had mac's blot powder in medium dark, and dark in my collection never opened, I had them incase of an emergency if I ever got really oily, I would pull one out.

lately, its been really humid, something I hate. and when wearing my foundation, I've been sweating thru it, and its not cute. so I thought of my blot powders and with my NC37/40 coloring, I figured dark would suit me best..

boy was I right! blot powder isn't supposed to deposit color to your skin, just blot up the exess oil, but it really does add a bit of color, so dark is a perrfect match for me..its right on. im sure medium dark would be to light and lighten me up which I don't want.

I never use the powder puff's that come with mac powders, I always use brushes, but with my blot powder, I lovee the puff! its cute, fits right on top of the powder, and is there handy when your on the go. all you need to do is pat it on the spots that really need it..your nose..forhead..over your lips. I would suggest once a month, or every two, replace your powder puff..as its going to have your sweat and bacteria on it..and there's nothing sexy about putting that on your face. you could buy a new mac one, or go to a beauty store like sally's and buy a bag of them, make sure they'll fit in your compact, and that there the powder ones. and you can replace whenever you need too!

im really glad I took this out and discovered what so many girls can't live without..its going to stay in my purse all summer, and I like using the mirror too, the price isn't too bad, as I can see this lasting a long time, you don't need a lot like you would studio fix powder, its only for touchups.

if you have any questions let me know, I will be happy to help =]

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by NikkiM225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I'm NW45 and I've previously used this in Dark and just recently bought one in Deep. Since summer is approaching I decided to try this in Deep. This is great to touch up your makeup and rid your face of shine. Or just use this alone for the lightest touch of color. I use it to touch up my makeup around lunch time and this usually keeps me shine-free until I get home from work.

Don't even think about using the puff that comes with it. For proper application, invest in a good powder brush for home and a travel one for touch ups. The price was just ok. I've paid more for powders that were no where near as good. Packaging was also just ok. I nearly took away 1 lippy for that awful puff. I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful. I use it on a daily basis on my NC 30-35 skin. The SA who tried this on me recommend this shade to prevent a cakey,white effect with the other shades of this. I'm glad I choose this color - it looks darker in the pan than it does on my skin. Doesn't apply too much color, just reduces shine. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Sinnamon_1

I have used this product for so long, I couldn't even tell you the exact number of years that it's been a part of my makeup arsenal. I use 'Dark', and it works really well keeping my NC-50 combination skin in check. Most times, I only have to touch up once during my workday - around lunch time, and I'm all set again for the rest of the day. This does a pretty good job of sealing in makeup OR touching it up without appearing cakey or emphasizing lines. The only real concern that I have with this product is the fact that MAC has slowly been creeping up on the cost of this ever so often. I remember when I started using it, it was only 17 bucks...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for almost 4 years? it was around 2005 when I first started to use it. I love this product. It takes away the greasy oily look from my face when I need a touch up. I spray MAC fix+ first and then I distribute this powder all over my face with the sephora kabuki brush. Sucks up all the oil in no time, Leaving my face matte and soft looking. Retouches my makeup. Does not alter my color or budge my make-up/foundation at all. Love love love it. I can't go anywhere w/o this product. keeps my oily face in check and doesn't break out my skin from excessive use. Total HG for me. Expensive but worth every penny. I have never found anything that works as well or better for me.