July 13, 2014 | 1225 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Acne Sol. Emergency Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2006 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lilhypa304

doesnt really help prevent breakouts, but definately helps when you have a breakout, reduces reddness big time and helps it go away quicker. i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 6:04:00 PM More reviews by csjunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful spot treatment! This is the best little lotion I have tried to get rid of those tiny (or large) blemishes on my forehead. This isn't one of those -apply with a butterknife deals - a little goes a LOONGG way. It heals the spot quickly and effectively without all the scarring. It seems to have enough BP for it to work, but not harm my very sensitive skin. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by word2bird

This is probably my favorite acne spot treatment. Sometimes I think that if it came in a larger tube, I would probably attempt to mix it with some face lotion and smooth it all over my face. I suppose, I could still try.

Anyway, I would recommend this to anyone as a spot treatment and it works surprisingly well. Clinique products are sort of a hit or miss, my Mom hates Clinique, while be Grandma loves the brand.

Personally, I'm not tied to any sort of brand affiliation and am quite a product junkie. Right now, I am using the Aveeno Clear Complexion line. I think the best part product is the Cleansing Pads. I would rather use Clinique's toner than the Aveeno one, and alway end up using this product for spot treatments.

So, as a product whore, I have used loads of spot treatments, from Dermalogica's spot treatment, to clean & clear and persagel. I guess you really have to know what works best for your skin. As for me, I've found that salicylic product work best in cleansing and toning as they do help shrink pores, thus helping to eliminate blackheads. Then there's benzoyl peroxide which really aids in the anti-inflammatory sector, thus helping eliminate already active acne that just needs to go away ASAP.

Hope this helped...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Orion_2003

I'm one of many people who had had perfectly clear and polished skin during teenage time, but have problems with adult acne at the moment. At first I thought it was because of my changing the skincare routines, but it wasn't. A small cyst keep popping up one after another and leave me terrible scars which take months to clear. Then, I found this Emergency gel lotion which helps dry out the heads in 2 days. However, please beware if you have a dry or very dry skin, excessive dryness could be your problem. I have normal/dry skin and I also have the problem with my first application (I used too sparingly and too much, I guess). My trick is to apply the gel DIRECTLY and ONLY over the head, just a little dab would do. I will definitely keep this gel in my cabinet!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by alohadiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in conjunction with Proactiv. It is non-drying (for me) and clears up stress and weather related breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by roxie_girl

This product does what is says...it clears up breakouts...and quick! I tried this on several stubborn breakouts and it cleared them mostly in just a few days. The problem is this Benzoyl Peroxide based product is too high...at 5%. This product dried out my skin really really bad! I applied an intense moisturizer every ten minutes for three straight days before it was somewhat balanced again! Please do not use this product! Benzoyl Peroxide is much better in my experience at clearing up breakouts, but you need a lower concentrate of it. Try Neutrogena's On the Spot or ClearSkinRegimen(my personal favorite...find it at clearskinregimen.com for $8.50 you get a huge tube). Use with a good moisturizer and either of these will not dry out your skin. Both creams are 2.5%, which I've read is suppossed to be just the right amount. More is not better people!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2005 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mdowning12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the whole entire Clinique acne line and NONE of it worked. It seemed to have irritated my skin more than anything. No clear up at all. I will never buy this system again. Did absolutely nothing for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2005 4:46:00 PM More reviews by volley28

I love this! It really helps heal existing blemishes. I don't know that it prevents new ones, but it gets rid of current problems in 1-3 days with no excess redness or drying. The price is sort of high, but it lasts forever so the money doesn't bother me too much. So much better than Clinique's other blemish gels/creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by monkey80

This is MUCH better than their Spot Healing Gel. This is very effective at reducing my occasional whitehead and red pimple, while it doesn't dry my skin out. It absorbs easily into my skin and doesn't leave a whitish cast or crusty residue that other treatments do. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Supa

When I first purchased this, it worked like a miracle... then I think my skin got used to it. This stuff is really good at preventing breakouts, but not as good once the trouble happens. The tube is pretty small, but decent sized for a spot treatment. I probably won't repurchase, but it should last me a good time. Worth a try.