December 18, 2014 | 855 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by GiglingNikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best hair treatment I every tried. If you have dry hair it's very suit you. It' quite expensive but if you get online, maybe cheaper.

I use normal shampoo (PPS for coloured hair) with this treatment. I never tried shampoo or conditioner from Smooth Down range, personally I don't think it's neccessary. Only the treatment works very well by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by autumndusk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG product! It's the only thing that can tame my very curly, coarse curls. It's a fantastic, deeply moisturing cream that really does what it says it will. I'm currently on my 3rd/4th tube and I will keep repurchasing.
--------------
Update 26/05/2012
Still using this along with Redken's Real Control Cream. Amazing, absolutely HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by butterflygirl2

I love this stuff. I wash my hair three times a week and use this as a regular conditioner. It works wonders for my bleached hair and makes it feel so soft and smooth. I blow dry my hair straight and it feels light and smooth. I like the sweet smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by milkshakemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have fine, wavy/curly hair that frizzes up really easily. This stuff soothes and nourishes my hair, leaving it controlled and shiny. It's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by javanchocolatejunkie

I have been using this product for 8 years. I always have 2 on hand, one that I am using and a back up. It never lets me down and keeps my natural curls and frizz in check. Definitely a HG product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by zombiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was one of the products that I used as a final product to "save" my hair. I went from black to blonde, and needless to say my hair was, well.. dead.
I used this in combination with Aussie "Miracle Moist" shampoo. I washed my hair, turned the shower off, generously applied this to my hair and went to watch telly for about 40 mins. After that I washed it out, and put some Redken Extreme "anti snap" on the ends. And wow.. after my hair had dried...It was sooo soft, most of the frizzies were gone and it just felt so healthy! I will defintely re-purchase this over and over again! I can't believe I was about to cut my long hair off, this product saved my hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best deep conditioning treatment I've ever tried. It's perfect if you've got very thick, coarse and frizzy hair. It will weigh it down and smooth it out, and make it soft, soft soft! My HG when it comes to hair masks. The packaging though: Plese redken, make you're hair masks in a tube or bottle! It works, but only because the cream is so thick. Overall: If you've got very thick and coarse hair, this is the one! (I can imagine that it wont work very well if you have fine hair.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this once a week, and I use it with the Smooth Down shampoo. The Smooth Down line can weigh my hair down if I use it anymore than that. If you have no problem using silicones, and I don't, then you will probably like this, occasionally. My hair is dry, and not so much damaged, or fly-aways, but I like it to shine, and this once a week, does the trick. A tube of this lasts me a good 6 months, because my hair is shoulder length, and you really don't need a lot. Overuse of this will make your hair look greasy, and will weigh it down in ways you haven't seen, since you were in 2nd grade. I will continue to repurchase this, until something more magical comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by refuse2lookold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this Redken product. I use it every few weeks after shampooing, drying a bit and applying heavily to waist length color treated hair. It is on for 15 minutes while I do other stuff.
Rinse out and the magic begins. My hair feels like silk and looks like it too. I like to NOT blow dry, just to be amazed at the air dried result of super smooth, shiny hair. I would use it every wash if it was more affordable. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. The smell is ok. Nothing to get exited about. I will purchase this again and again and again. Just try it!!! NOTE: I did not read any reviews before I wrote mine! It's kind of funny to read the next two! = )

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by irielove420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a good every couple days conditioning mask but it makes my hair oily and weighed down if I use it too often.