July 24, 2014 | 1963 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

I have this in the large pump bottle. I love the way it smells and how the scent lasts forever on me. I put it on at night and I can still smell it when I wake up in the morning to go to the gym. It's clean and crisp. I find the scent comforting ang energizing at the same time. Like many of the other reviewers, I find that this lotion isn't moisturizing enough for my skin. Especially in the winter. My solution to this is just a bit of extra virgin olive oil mixed in the bottle. It doesn't take away from the smell and gives it the boost of moisture that my skin craves. I will probably use this for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

I LOVE the scent of amazing grace and spent big bucks awhile ago on everything amazing grace! However, this lotion has some negative points to it. For one, this just isn't that moisturizing for me. It provides the same moisturizing effect as a much less expensive lotion. The second negative point is that it is too expensive for a lotion. This lotion is between $34-$41. This lotion does absorb fairly quickly into the skin and leaves such a pretty scent, even my SO questioned what I was wearing. It makes your bed sheets smell so nice. If this provided me with more moisture especially in the winter months, it would be HG status.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lotion has a slightly thick consistency, sort of like pudding, but absorbs quickly and leaves you w/ soft skin. The scent also lingers nicely (subtly, but detectably) throughout the day. The reason why I wouldn't repurchase it in this particular scent is b/c it doesn't smell like Amazing Grace at all. It smells like Johnson's Baby Lotion, the original one in the pink bottle. This is not a bad scent by no means, but I shelled out the money for this stuff b/c I wanted to layer the Amazing Grace scent to make it last longer and I ended up smelling like Johnson's Baby Lotion instead (despite using the 3-in-1 as a shampoo and a body wash, plus the matching conditioner and spray cologne in conjunction w/ the lotion).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I do not normally like body lotion. I got married at the end of Fall when it was beginning to get very cold so I needed a moisturizer. This lotion was a bridal shower gift and I noticed it did not have an overwhelming "heavy" smell. The day of my wedding I used this all over my body (except my face) and it was an absolute God-send. My skin was so soft, smooth, and not the slightest bit greasy/oily. It really helped me feel perfect on the biggest day of my life. Again, it is not an overpowering smell like some of the perfumed lotions at Bath and Body Works. It is more of a light flowery/powder scent. I definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite body moisturizer. It smooths my skin better than scrubs! I have Keratosis Pilaris on my arms and this worked beautifully at smoothing the bumps better than the lotion my dermatologist recommended (which was Amlactin). It has made my cuticles look perfect too. As far as the firming goes, I don't know if that has done much. I guess the idea is that it is like a wrinkle cream for your body. The smell is not as good as the 3 in 1 or perfume, but it is fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing Grace is one of my go-tos whenever I'm going to be around boys. I tend to layer it up--3-in-1, lotion, then roll-on perfume oil. Of those, the lotion has the worst fragrance payoff: it's actually worse than the shower gel. The scent is weak and not at all clingy or lasting; it's also a weirdly different version of Amazing Grace, more milky and creamy I guess, and not as sparkly and fresh as some of the other versions. (If you're considering Amazing Grace as a fragrance, *don't* judge it by the lotion!) Anyway, the formula of the lotion is definitely nice: silky, fast-absorbing moisture, and it does feel like it's doing something for your skin. However the firming claims are completely unsubstantiated. I've gone through several 32-ounce bottles of this and I'm not firmer, not at all, although maybe my skin is aging slower or something (that'd be nice.) It contains phytosterols, which actually prompt the *storage* of fat (they're in Rodial's Boob Job for that purpose) and some phytoestrogenic plants, which might not be considered a good thing. I don't think it's making me fatter or anything, but firming is a really long shot here. Anyway I continue to use it because it smells (something) like Amazing Grace and does a great job moisturizing just the right amount. You can get good deals on this through QVC's Today's Special Values and Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale. The 32-ounce size is the way to buy this if you know you'll use it and want to save money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this lotion. It is my first AG purchase and the scent is heavenly. This lotion feels lightweight and sinks in quickly, but WOW does it moisturize -- better than many heavy, thick creams. I will definitely purchase again, but next time I will by the largest size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by xel_ha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 2 sets of this in the 32oz during the Nordstrom Anniv.Sale for $50--lotion & Shampoo,Bath & Shower gel. That was a good price for me.
I find this lotion moisturizing and leaves my skin silky with a sheen. I really like how my skin felt when it is all absorbed in my skin. As for the firming properties, I haven't noticed it at all and I don't expect it as well despite the claims. This has a light floral scent but has a musky tone to it. I'm not a fan, it is just ok to me as it is mild--I prefer Pure Grace.The scent lasted for at least few hours on me. Overall, this is a good lotion for me. It's summer right now so I don't know how moisturizing this will be during winter. I might not repurchase as I have 64oz. of this to go through and hoping that it won't go bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I buy the 16 oz. size from QVC not sure if anyone else sells that size...because I go through so much of it and they have some specials for a package of two of them. :) It works wonderfully, is a great alternative to wearing perfume as it is like spraying the perfume on. Very light and moisturizes nicely while really providing a bit of firming to your skin. One of my Philosophy favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by stayckay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never used any Philosophy products prior to this one. My sister gave me a 32oz bottle for my birthday. I can honestly say that I am in love. It smooths right into the skin and leaves a very clean smell. I use this stuff every time I am in my bathroom. I will definitely be buying more Amazing Grace once I am out of this :)