Dior J'adore - L'eau de Toilette

3.9

on 12/22/2005 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to love the original J'adore eau de parfum...but after wearing it for a while, it started to get a bit "heavy," but thank GOODNESS Dior came out with an eau de toilette version of J'adore! It's MUCH lighter, a lot "prettier," and a tad bit more fruity and floral rather than powdery and tuberosy. I absolutely *adore* this...I think the J'adore fragrance has such a good name..."J'adore"...it's so cute to just say it! Another plus is the bottle - both the eau de toilette and eau de parfum come in the most indulgent-looking bottles ever! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

on 11/20/2005 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a sophisticated yet feminine fragrance. It's not like my usual fruity florals but I still love it. The bottle is gorgeous and well-designed. I don't care for the original J'Adore, they really tweaked this one just right.

on 11/9/2005 11:51:00 AM

It took a while for me to get used to this fragrance, but once I did, I loved it.

I has lightly floral top notes and quite spicy/warm base notes. It's a very original fragrance which can be worn as a day or evening perfume (since this is the EDT, it's not overly strong and is quite subtle for Dior).

The lasting power is about 2 to 6 hours depending on how much you spray on.

The silver bottle is also very elegant and would make a great gift :)

on 7/14/2005 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love it!! Smells great!!

on 6/12/2005 6:15:00 PM

really like it a lot. i hate the parfum version though... this is just enough--not too light and not too heavy. i only dab a little under my ears though, too much is gross.

on 3/24/2005 8:56:00 PM

I love Christian Dior! How can yall say it stinks? this stuff smells soo good! this is the best smelling perfume i have ever smelt!!!! but i also like dolce and gabbana light blue and paris hilton

on 2/22/2005 10:30:00 AM

Cute bottle. Nasty fragrance. Kind like flower cat pee. would not repurchase.

I got this perfume sample and I really don't like the way it smells. It smells like a guy's sweat on me, eeeyywwww..... I guess it just doesn't work with my body chemistry. My friend smell nice when she wears this perfume, though.On the other hand, Thierry Mugler's Angel and Escada's Magnetism, which are not so many people fancy, smell divine on me and last for ages. By the way, good marketing.

on 2/4/2005 10:09:00 AM

pretty sensual smell, made me feel sexy when wearing it

lovely bottle design

I got them from duty free shop as a collection

Update (23/04/12): I updated my review on the original 2003 EDT J'adore 10 days ago. Since I had nearly finished my bottle, I went to the local Dior counter to buy another bottle. Unhappily, I learnt that Dior had reformulated J'adore EDT twice since my original purchase. The current J'adore is nothing like the original! Where is the pear note? I can't detect the citrus notes anymore. The actual new scent is not bad but it's more like White Diamonds than the classic J'adore that I know and love. I find that it's misleading of Dior to launch what is now an entirely new perfume under the J'adore name. I pray that Givaudan, the company that created the original for Dior will be able to somehow release the original under a new name. I'll buy the original in a heartbeat, regardless of what the name is. I just don't know if I want to purchase the new J'adore. For now, I'm without a summer signature scent. :-(

Update (13/04/12): 7 years on from my original review, I can attest to the longevity of the fragrance. I think the scent has 'matured' slightly due to the length of time I've had the same bottle but it still smells awesome.

This is a very clean and fresh fragrance. I love this during warm days but dislike it during cold days. Not overpowering and subtler than the EDP. Could be longer lasting though.

Popular Fragrances