November 24, 2014 | 854 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lac66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best blusher i have ever had or seen. I have 2 which are:
Rose Frisson - Medium matte-ish pink
Rose Coup De Foudre - More orange pink and a bit darker, has a tiny shimmer to it
These are so wearable and the smell, Oh My God it is so amazing (rose scent)! They don't seem to last that long but it isn't too bad

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I have been using these blushers for fourteen years and always come back to them. Firstly, if anyone knows this product they'll know that the first few uses of them come off fairly dusty- after that the product is harder.

Personally I see this as a massive plus. Less pigment picked up makes it a lot easier to build a gentle, blended, natural flush in my opinion. So if you are after a blush that gives huge pigment payoff with the gentlest of dabs, a la Illamasqua, this is not going to be for you. The second thing about a firmer blush is that you need the right tools to apply it- something that is stiffer than average. I use the blusher brush from Une which is firm with a flat top and ideal for use with these Bourjois blushes. I consider the brush supplied to be superfluous.
They are scented- it isn't really to my taste but you are unlikely to smell it beyond the initial application- still worth mentioning if you are very sensitive to fragrance.

So with all of that said as a caveat- these blushes are wonderful. I have found that the packaging can weaken and break (at the hinge) after a couple of years but by that point you could really probably do with a new one anyway! My colour of choice right now is Rose Pompon 37- which is one of their newer (2012) shades. It is a pale, peachy pink with a very fine, barely perceptible shimmer that creates a wonderful fresh glow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I've got two of these, Frozen Rose and Rose Tea. Initially, for a few weeks after I bought them, I was so pleased - the colours were soft and pretty, and easy to blend. They didn't fade throughout the day on me either, like some other reviewers complained - but the skin on my cheeks is quite dry so maybe that is why.
HOWEVER, a few weeks in, the surface of both blushes got very hard, so that my brush would not actually pick up any product!
This can happen with powder products if oil from your face gets to your brushes and then to your blush (especially if you're lazy with brush cleaning), causing the oils and the powder to interract and the powder to harden. BUT, I clean my brushes often and also powder my cheeks before applying a powder blush, so this should not happen! I've only ever had this happen before with the Bourjois chocolate bronzer (and with an ELF blush), so I think it's a problem with this brand in general, especially reading some of the other reviews. I do have about 5 or 6 of their baked eyeshadows and have not had this problem with those so far.
You can get the blush back to being usable by scraping the hardened bit out with say a metal spatula or something similar, but honestly for the price (they're quite expensive at around £8) this should not happen in the first place!
I am deeply disappointed and will not purchase these again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

i don't really know how to love or to hate this product. the color is not so pigmented, so it sorta fades away in few hours :S and i don't like how the ones they sell here are all shimmery. and not sure if this is just met or maybe others deals with this too, but i tried using 2 different blush brush to take the blush but it seems like I'm not getting anything out of it on my cheek, :S i mean i have to literally swipe my blush brush on the blush so many times to get the color on my cheeks :S
the only nice thing i could say about this is has a nice color when you got it on your blush and its cheap and it doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by IraSP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought it some months ago and it was insanely expensive (with import taxes). The color is lovely and it smells so nice. Oh the packaging, look at the design. That was partly what tempted me into buying this blush. However, it's baked so hard so takes some efforts to take the sufficient amount to your cheeks. Overall, sweet deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Roseycheeks2012

I bought this blush in Rose Eclat and it is beautiful. It is very long lasting and a little bit goes a long way (be careful because it you are liberal with this blush you will end up looking like a French lady of the nigh). The brush you get is rubbish, but when applied with a blush brush it looks great. The great choice of colours is also a huge plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have one colour of this and I hate it. so i threw it away. but that's my mistake. the colour doesn't matter. the wuality is SUPERB.... one of the softest i've used. You do't have to bother with high end blushes (except YSL which is AWESOME) this one will suffice

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

Love these pots of goodness I have several in rotation they are excellent quality and only cost £8/$15 or so.

I find that sometimes the blush wont apply properly as the top layer hardens an easy way to fix it is simply scoring the surface.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by CookieMonster222

I simply love this blush!
I had never tried Bourjois products before but Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois products so I decided to give them a go.
One of the great thing about these blushes is that there are so many shades to choose from. I tried a few on the back of my hand, however the colours didn't seem to show up very well, but I figured they would show a lot better when applied to the face. After some long and careful consideration I went with the shade 'Rose D'or'. In the pot the blush has quite a nice pinky-gold colour to it. Admittedly I was worried that the gold would make the blush appear rather shimmery on the skin, but after the first time of using it, I'm glad I didn't let that thought put me off.
I also really like the packaging on these blushes. Each pot is a different shade, and has a small button on the outside which you then press to open the lid. On the inside of the lid, is a small mirror, application brush and some instructions on how best to apply. The pot is also small enough for you to carry around in your bag etc.
The price might seem expensive for the small-looking amount of blush you get, but surprisingly it does last a long time. I've been using it almost everyday for the past month or so, and looks like it's hardly been touched. It's also very easy to apply and looks beautiful. Not at all obviously shimmery either. My new favourite blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Pilotka

I like this blush a lot, itís one of my favourite Bourjois products. The small packaging is good, but it requires a better brush than the one included. The best thing about this blush is definitely the variety of shades. I have tried about 5 and all of them were fine. The pink ones are a nice light touch to a neutral makeup, and the darker colour (Santal) can be used as a bronzer. It stays about 5 hours and then it needs reapplying, but as itís small, I have it always in my bag.
If it gets dry and hard, I brush a small layer off with a tooth brush and itís easy to apply again.