December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Secret Brightening Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I wanted to like this. Really bad. I've tried it, given it up, tried it again... and I just never reach for it. I don't like the texture at all. it's SCRATCHY. and i don't find it does anything for me. : (

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by SleepyHeadphones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The reason why I gave it a 4 is because this can last you years and does a good job of brightening your under eyes. I did find that my eyes would crease as the day wore one but this can be fixed if you tear a tissue in half and press it on your under eye makeup (before using the powder). This allows the extra moisture to be absorbed and solves your creasing problems. You can also dab setting spray three times. First time is before applying under eye makeup, then after you've applied (which is before you would apply a setting powder of course) and lastly after applying the powder. Do this and I guarantee your under eye creasing problems will be solved! I learned this trick off youtube lol and the guy is gossmakeupartist. He's got the best makeup tips, I don't know what I've been doing before I watched his videos!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I have this in #2. Almost forgot about it since I don't use it much. No idea how to use it without getting crepey under my eyes.

Tried patting under my eye, still feels like reverse panda with enhanced wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lambentflame1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, this is what I have been looking for to set my Bobbi Brown corrector !!! Previous to using secret brightening powder I was using BB loose powder & always ended up with concealer looking cakey, settling into lines & yellow looking. Well not with this beauty - I only wish I had not waited so long. I think the key is to use tiny amounts & add more if you need to. Will be buying some for my Mum !

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by susru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is good and stays long but after using for a week I developed some dry rash. It made my skin very dry and itchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by NatalieMae89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite makeup products. If you love under eye brightening then you will die over this.

Laura Mercier makes a partner product with this which is the secret under eye brightening pen.

The idea is that you use the pen first, which is clickable - which then disperses product onto a brush applicator. I will do a separate review on this, but basically I'm not the hugest fan. I hate those applicators, I think they eat product - but you can read my full review on that product elsewhere.

The brightening powder is unlike any other. If you LOVE the under eye brightening you see on the red carpet and in photo shoots, I gauruntee this is the product the MUA is using. It photographs beautifully and just looks amazing.

It's a loose powder, so tricky packaging. I'm not sure what it is about the packaging, but my lid never sits tight enough so I know I've lost product from that - also be careful about laying it on it's side, I definitely get fallout on the rest of my product. Saying this, the longevity of this product is AMAZING! I've easily had mine for a year and a half, use it about 2-3 times a week, and I still have so much left over. I predict I'll need to purchase a new one in maybe 6 more months. So 2 years lifespan on a product is amazing!! The price - whatever it is, I don't remember is totally worth it.

I recommend this product to all my friends and family - it's my secret weapon!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lauralei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can see how this might be an awesome product if you don't have super fair skin. But, I do.
I've been using it after I'm done with my foundation and concealer, to set my under eye concealer and brighten that area. It works great for setting, but doesn't brighten at all, which I guess is because my skin is already so white.
SO, if you're pale I wouldn't recommend it...you can use a regular, less expensive powder to set your concealer. If you have olive or darker skin, this might be great for you.
If you're pale and you just love playing around with a million products, have at it. It works very well as an under eye powder. My concealer lasts longer than without it, and my mascara doesn't migrate to below my eye.However, I won't be repurchasing since I'm pretty sure I can get the same results with the MAC powder I use on the rest of my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing. It should make wrinkles look more prominent, but it doesn't! And what a dif in how long my concealer lasts on, at least three times as long. This is a gem, if you have serious problems with dark undereyes, invest in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Airam07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a under-eye setting powder for a while. I was using plain MAC MSFN dusted on with a fluffy brush prior to finding this and always wondered why my under-eye would always crease or why my liner from the waterline migrated nearly on my cheeks. And when I discovered the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, I knew it was going to be a staple.

The powder comes in a regular jar like most Laura Merceir products do, but smaller. It has a sifter so it can get messy. The powder itself is very finely milled, very similar to HD powders which makes it perfect for dusting on top of concealer without it settling into lines. The powder contains very fine shimmer but this doesn't translate onto the skin at all. The way I apply it is this: shake the jar so some powder gets on the cap. My favorite brush to use for setting under eye concealer is the Real Techniques Setting Brush. I take the brush and swirl it into the cap and work it into the brush before gliding it under the eyes. It makes my concealer last all day, prevents migrating of makeup and eye liner and best of all it stays matte so any hollows/puffiness doesn't become more prominent. And it photographs wonderfully, too. This is a must and I keep this on my vanity tray because I want it accessible at all times. Truly a HG and one jar will last you a lifetime. You need such a tiny amount and a little goes a LONG way.

A little tip: DONT PEEL OFF THE STICKER! Just peel off enough for 3-4 holes and give it a shake. The powder will coat the sticker and it'll become a flap. So all you have to do is give the jar a shake and the powder gets spread thinly on the cap. That is all you need! And the flap prevents too much powder from coming out as well as not getting messy.

Another tip: get the Real Techniques Setting Brush to use with this.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by iulichik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really don't understand all this hype for Laura Mercier Powder.... I bought it because of the great reviews, and since I have very dry eye area, with blue-greenish dark circles - it just emphasizes all mentioned above!!! not happy at all! I will stick to my super cheap e.l.f. under-eye setting powder :)