The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Diglycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 4.

on 4/22/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't have sensitive skin despite being a retin A user and this mask looks kind of bland with a texture of cheap strawberry yoghurt so I was really surprised that it tingled the first time I used it. However I did get a nice glow afterwards and thought - well at least something in it is actually doing something. The second time the tingling was more intense and 24 hours later I still have a lot of redness under my eyes. I can't work out what in the ingredients is causing this but have relegated the mask to my feet - at this time of year I have to nuture my feet to get them ready for sandal exposure and I figure my tough as boots foot skin can handle this mask.

on 4/19/2010 5:49:00 PM

when I read christinakings review of this (where she said about the vein under her eye showing up) I thought she was overexaggerating - but I tried this and the exact same thing happened, it seemed to make the skin around my eyes kind of transparent.

It did make the rest of my skin softer - but the vein thing scared me off. I won't be using this again. I might try and take it back although I don't know what their returns policy is like.

The lid of the pot didn't screw on properly too - but I have other masks of theirs which are fine so I guess it must just be that particular one :(

on 4/4/2010 11:24:00 PM

I love this product! I usually use it after I use the blue corn mask. My skin looks smooth and healither.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's very sticky and never sinks in. I didn't noticed any effect after using it for 2 weeks every other day. My skin is normal and slightly dry in winter months.

on 1/27/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

I really loved this mask until I put a little around the eye area, and afterwards a vein that was invisible showed up exactly where I had put the cream around my eyes; and that was 4 years ago. So watch out ladies

on 11/2/2009 2:46:00 PM

This is a weird experience, I looked up the review of this and decided to try it, because I wanted a moisturizing mask, and I wanted vitamin E so it seems like a good combo. I bought this at a body shop discount store, it seems odd to me at first because when I opened the sample the texture is really weird like rice pudding and it's not pink, but all the ones on the shelf are like that so I still bought it. After I used it that night, it did sink in, but left a reeeaaally sticky layer on top my skin and smell reeeaaaally weird, like oil gone bad. A few days later. I went to another body shop in the mall, opened one of the V E mask on the shelf, it looked completely different, the color, the texture, the smell....so I exchanged mine, and the new one works really well I like it a lot, it's not greasy, not sticky, very hydrating and smell nice! I just don't understand how I got two completely different product inside at the first place....

--------((Update April 2010)): I think this mask break me out a little so I stopped using it. It works really differently on my hand than on my face. When I apply it on my hand it's absorbed quickly and not sticky at all afterwards, but on my face it's soooo sticky and it just sits there. And my face is always exfoliated well... I'm giving it a 2 star.

I don't see why it is called "sink-in" mask, because it does not sink into my skin AT ALL. After I use it, I just feel like the mask stay on skin no matter how long I wait, it can not be absorbed and my face looks greasy. Never purchase it again.

Like what some reviewers here have experienced, it did sting my face and undereyes. I reckon it's coz I have too dehydrated skin that it hurts when I use a moisture mask (not the 1st time it happens when I use a moisture mask). Indeed, it sinks in and soon after, I could see the mask no more. I noticed it's best for every other day or twice-weekly use. I got too diligent and use it daily and on 3rd day, I got tiny bumps on my facehead. Having said that, I will continue using more frequently around my drier spots such as my eye areas and nose/lips corners and cheeks.

on 10/12/2008 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's kinda gross when I opened it.. it was all splattered all over the cap and it wasn't a pretty sight. Anyways, my skin began drinking it up RIGHT AWAY so that was really great! I barely had any left on my skin after 10 minutes were up. When I woke up, my skin was soft, illuminated and looked healthy. The smell is really leavely as well, which is a bonus. It spreads nicely on my face which I did not expect. It feels like applying a moisturizer. I think this one will last me a LONG time, since I only had to use maybe two finger dips into it yesterday night. I works well with my combo skin and I definitely think it's a good try.

UPDATE: I use it as a moisturizer and it works fine. I have also noticed how my skin stings if I don't use this product for a while. So, I think that shows the product is effective.

on 7/6/2008 10:09:00 AM

I actually really like this stuff. I havent experienced any 'sitting on the skin' as some people claim to, I find it sinks in really well, but I only use a very thin layer. I got this as a free sample like others and its lasted me ages so far as you just need to dip a finger into the pot and thats pretty much enough to cover your face. I know some people are worried about leaving this on overnight etc. Well I've never used it as a mask, I always simply use it as a moisturizer so leave it on all day, and it hasnt broke me out at all. In fact, it's great to use on spots when they're at the stage where they've dried up, as it really helps to re-moisturise the skin again and make the spot fade. I will definatly be buying a big tub of this once the free sample is used up!

Popular Masks