November 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by christinaking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this mask until I put a little around the eye area, and afterwards a vein that was invisible showed up exactly where I had put the cream around my eyes; and that was 4 years ago. So watch out ladies

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aquajeeling

This is a weird experience, I looked up the review of this and decided to try it, because I wanted a moisturizing mask, and I wanted vitamin E so it seems like a good combo. I bought this at a body shop discount store, it seems odd to me at first because when I opened the sample the texture is really weird like rice pudding and it's not pink, but all the ones on the shelf are like that so I still bought it. After I used it that night, it did sink in, but left a reeeaaally sticky layer on top my skin and smell reeeaaaally weird, like oil gone bad. A few days later. I went to another body shop in the mall, opened one of the V E mask on the shelf, it looked completely different, the color, the texture, the smell....so I exchanged mine, and the new one works really well I like it a lot, it's not greasy, not sticky, very hydrating and smell nice! I just don't understand how I got two completely different product inside at the first place....

--------((Update April 2010)): I think this mask break me out a little so I stopped using it. It works really differently on my hand than on my face. When I apply it on my hand it's absorbed quickly and not sticky at all afterwards, but on my face it's soooo sticky and it just sits there. And my face is always exfoliated well... I'm giving it a 2 star.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I don't see why it is called "sink-in" mask, because it does not sink into my skin AT ALL. After I use it, I just feel like the mask stay on skin no matter how long I wait, it can not be absorbed and my face looks greasy. Never purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like what some reviewers here have experienced, it did sting my face and undereyes. I reckon it's coz I have too dehydrated skin that it hurts when I use a moisture mask (not the 1st time it happens when I use a moisture mask). Indeed, it sinks in and soon after, I could see the mask no more. I noticed it's best for every other day or twice-weekly use. I got too diligent and use it daily and on 3rd day, I got tiny bumps on my facehead. Having said that, I will continue using more frequently around my drier spots such as my eye areas and nose/lips corners and cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's kinda gross when I opened it.. it was all splattered all over the cap and it wasn't a pretty sight. Anyways, my skin began drinking it up RIGHT AWAY so that was really great! I barely had any left on my skin after 10 minutes were up. When I woke up, my skin was soft, illuminated and looked healthy. The smell is really leavely as well, which is a bonus. It spreads nicely on my face which I did not expect. It feels like applying a moisturizer. I think this one will last me a LONG time, since I only had to use maybe two finger dips into it yesterday night. I works well with my combo skin and I definitely think it's a good try.

UPDATE: I use it as a moisturizer and it works fine. I have also noticed how my skin stings if I don't use this product for a while. So, I think that shows the product is effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 10:09:00 AM More reviews by ceciafb

I actually really like this stuff. I havent experienced any 'sitting on the skin' as some people claim to, I find it sinks in really well, but I only use a very thin layer. I got this as a free sample like others and its lasted me ages so far as you just need to dip a finger into the pot and thats pretty much enough to cover your face. I know some people are worried about leaving this on overnight etc. Well I've never used it as a mask, I always simply use it as a moisturizer so leave it on all day, and it hasnt broke me out at all. In fact, it's great to use on spots when they're at the stage where they've dried up, as it really helps to re-moisturise the skin again and make the spot fade. I will definatly be buying a big tub of this once the free sample is used up!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by kim50803

I love this product. It came in a makeup bag with other products, probably a GWP, clearance too! I use Retin A Micro everyother night and this works great with that. I don't wipe off the excess because there isin't any. My skin looks so nice and soft. It smells good, I can't really comment on the price. I did look the price up at one time but compared to some of the other brands I use this was pretty good. You don't need a lot. I have the .5 oz and it will last at least a month since you don't need that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by starlite714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this when I was on Accutane. My face is normally very oily, as it is now. However, when i was on Accutane, my skin was incredibly dry in patches. it is true that when you apply this moisture mask it stings, but that is true for any moisterizer if your skin is sincerely sandpaperish dry.

it feels a bit gross sitting on your face, but the skin does drink it up and if your skin is severely dry it is worth trying.

my sister who is also on acne medication (differin?) likes to use this stuff as well, which is good because i no longer need it. the tub is cute i suppose. Im usually not crazy about packaging for anything unless its like Victoria's secret Pink line or expenseive department store fragrance bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by mzxplicit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Came with a gift bag, I love the way it applies. It's on my face right now, first time using it. It hasn't even been 5 minutes and my skin is drinking it all up.. it must have been pretty thirsty. I'm not experiencing any burning sensation as others have mentioned before. Masks are usually goopy and cumbersome when it might rub off somewhere by accident, but this one is staying put and the excess left on my fingers from applying it has completely dried and is not greasy at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Ordered a jar of this after trying it in a GWP. I am comparing this to Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra as a moisture boost and I have used it the same way, after my Clinique 3 step. Vitamin E mask, IMO has far better moisturizing properties and really sinks in, as opposed to MSE which just seems to sit on the surface. However, MSE can be used under or over makeup and this has to be used alone. The way I like to use it to apply some at night and then leaving it on overnight and my skin really does seem less tired looking and lined. Sometimes I do notice the slight stinging on application that other reviewers have mentioned, but no adverse effects from this. I even use it around my eyes which are very sensitive. I got my face sunburned and put tons of this on and then left it overnight, it really helped to soothe the burn and take out some of the redness. The price is a much more reasonable than MSE even at the new price of $19 for a 3oz jar compared with $42 for 2oz of MSE. I only use this occasionally when my skin gets dry, like in the winter time or after too much sun in summer, it could cause breakouts if used too often.