Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 1/14/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I would buy this product over and over again! It's one of my HG mascaras (of course I use more than one bc of my short stubby lashes!). I only buy this in waterproof. What I do is...I curl my lashes first, apply this mascara in waterproof only, and then layer on whatever other volumizing and/or thickening mascara I feel like using for the day. Applying this mascara first helps to hold the curl. I have short and straight Asian lashes and I find myself buying this over and over! I love it!

on 1/6/2013 5:55:00 PM

a really good bottom lash mascara. tiny brush that can get right into it. good formula that make lashes nice and long

on 12/30/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my go-to mascara. I have very long, straight, thin lashes. This is not a great formula for volume (and I no longer believe there is such a thing as a volumizing formula since I have tried them ALL). But it gets every lash, is a real black, never flakes, and is easy to remove. For all of those reasons, I keep coming back to it.

It's also pretty inexpensive and it goes on sale often, so I actually throw it away as often as recommended (every 3 months, which I refuse to do with more expensive mascaras).

All in all, this product is absolutely worth a try.

on 11/2/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this very much but not on its own. On its own it takes a long time to apply and does little to volumize. However, this is my second coat mascara of choice.

Once I put on a thin layer of any other mascara, I like to go in with this one, recoat what needs to be recoated and do my bottom lashes

Its truly great for innermost lashes on the upper lash line.

on 10/3/2012 7:17:00 PM

This mascara just does not work for my eyelashes. It doesn't do anything! I bought it because a beauty guru on youtube said it was amazing for lower lashes because of the brush size. I do use it for that, but I have to layer a volumizing mascara over it. It gives NO volume whatsoever. If you like the very natural separated lash look, then go for it!

on 9/8/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

***update*** even though I LOVE maybelline mascaras, it does seem like my eyes have developed some sort of allergy and maybelline mascaras make my eyes itch like crazy even after I've removed it. So even though this and colossal wp were some favorites in the past, I can no longer wear them. ---1/11/15

Old review::: So I decided to take a chance on this mascara again. In the past I used it but back then I had a crappy eye lash curler and a poor eye makeup remove...anyways, I decided to buy this again and it's LOVE! I got the black waterproof and the brush is great- finds all those little lashes. Makes my weak lashes thicker and waaay longer. Love it and will repurchase. For reference, my lashes are stick straight and thin, not very long and go down slightly.

on 8/24/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this mascara! I generally use this as a lower lash and 2nd coat mascara.
The wand is so sooo skinny it is nearly impossible to mess up and it does find every little lash!
I generally curl my lashes, apply another mascara..lash blast or the orange tube by NYC for more volumizing. I then recurl and add the lash discovery which hold my curl, adds a bit more definition WITHOUT any clumping and separates my lashes at the same time. I apply to my bottom lashes and it is just fabulous! Wouldn't go with out this!!

on 7/14/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My HG mascara. And I am not afraid to pay big bucks for mascara--hello Dior! Have tried them ALL and keep coming back to this silly little $5 tube of Maybelline. It's almost embarrassing. With just one coat, this makes my lashes look fake. No clumping. Ever. I dunno--maybe I'm just lucky with this particular brand?? I don't get this NOT working on anyone.... Meh, they'll probably quit making it now.

I have short eyelashes and a lot of mascaras work for me but I decided to give it a try, it didn't seem to do anything at all. Did not make them thicker nor longer. Also this tube is smaller than every other mascara not worth it.

on 6/27/2012 12:02:00 AM

This mascara was on totalbeauty.com's top 10 greatest drugstore mascaras. The featured review was from an asian women, saying how great this is and how it reached every single one of her stubby lashes. I'm asian too, so i bought this. My friend was with me when i bought it and it was buy 1 get one half off at walgreen's so she got one. Well, i'm not sure what the crap happened, becasue the mascara CLUMPS so friggin much. I have tried multiple times and it's either i got a"bad" one or my lashes aren't short as i thought? i'm been doing that thing where you put vaseline on your lashes before you go to bed, and i think it actually works lol. one of my friends said that my eyelashes were growing..
anyways my friend who bought it with me has no problem at all. she has shorter eyelashes than me, and she even tried my mascara on herself. it worked fine for her, apparently. it's even like her "holy grail" drugstore mascara now.
i think that maybelline's great lash with the super fat brush is the best drugstore mascara. Also, i don't really feel like i need super high end mascaras like lancome or mac or ones that cost like 20$+. i really honestly can't tell that big of a differene. it's just mascara and it goes on your eyelashes! my eyelaashes still dont show up in photos even when i curl them and use mascara. I think that you should spend money on high end foundations, concealers, powders, and maybe blush/bronzers, but not mascara. anyways, back to the review lol.;
so i just gave the lash discovery to my friend who apparently loves it. i don't really like the brush though, i feel like its too small. but maybe that's because i'm used to the great lash's big wand..