August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Lash Discovery Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

First I will say that I'm a HUGE fan of Maybelline mascaras. I know there are fancier mascaras in the world...believe me I've tried them, but I just can't ever justify spending big money on a product I should throw out every 3 months or so. I recommend spending your money on expensive eye shadows and foundations, but NEVER mascaras!

That being said, when I first started getting into makeup this was one of the first mascaras I ever used. I loved the little brush and the length it gave my lashes. Back then I was primarily concerned with length when mascara was concerned so I have moved onto other mascaras, but I always think about picking this one up again and maybe mixing it with another mascara to get super length.

This is a great mascara for people that want length, like maybelline mascaras and want to put mascara on their lower lashes. This is also good for getting in small areas and is way easier to use than a clunky, chunky mascara wand. So I'd say this is a good mascara for a newby or really just anyone that wants to have more specific control over where the product is going on their lashes.

I highly recommend this mascara to anyone who wants a natural looking lash with some extra length or just someone who is mascara challenged. I don't recall this giving much curl or volume, so buyer beware if you try this out.

At the moment I am personally trying out a new Maybelline mascara and a Chanel mascara I got as a sample, but seeing the reviews for Lash Discovery Mascara makes me want to revisit it sometime in the future and see if I still have such warm fuzzies towards it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Ladylamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loving this. I am a Maybelline Lash Stylist addict which is discontinued for some time now. I gave Lash Discovery a try and it has a teeny little wand but it gets each individual lash and coats it. It makes my lashes look very long. Other reviewers are correct when they say it doesn't give much fullness. Thats because it concentrates on extending the crap out of any lashes you have. The price is fantastic too! I purchase it for only $3 at my local drugstore. I personally love it! I use very black. It is my go-to mascara for a lovely every day look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is wonderful! The formula does not clump and it's not thick. The texture is just right. And the mini brush really separates your lashes. You end up with real flattering results!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this soley for my bottom lashes and it works great. The mini brush reaches even the tiniest of my lashes without making a mascara mess all over my face. It doesn't flake or smudge. No complaints! I will repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by test0276

I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by babeegap

I love this brush. It's small enough that you don't apply mascara at other parts of your face, which is an annoyance of mine with other mascara brushes because they're so thick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara to reach every lash. but it smudges like crazy! I have the waterproof one and test drove it while at work for 8 hours and by lunch time, I had a stripe of black... not acceptable for a waterproof mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking into buying the Clinique Bottom Lash mascara and one of the reviews mentioned this as a d/s alternative. I picked it up just for bottom lashes and it works great! The formula stays clean, doesn't smudge or flake. It isn't a very dark or an amazing mascara, but with the tiny, skinny brush, it is perfect for applying to your bottom lashes to make them stand out without making a mess. It's also cheaper and more quantity than the Clinique Bottom Lash. Definitely give this a shot if you need something for the little lashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

A rediscovered mascara for me - I forgot how effective it is when you want to get to the roots of your lashes and great for the lower lashes. I use it for both the upper and lower but then usually top off the upper lashes with some other, more volumizing, mascara ( Armani Eyes to Kill right now). I have of late bought several Maybellline products I like. This is just a good mascara with a skinny effective wand.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by ohglorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara I have ever used. Most people use this as a bottom lash mascara, but I use it on my top lashes, too. I don't love the look of dark, extremely voluminous lashes on me because I have black glasses so the combination looks too overpowering. But I this mascara makes my lashes very long without being ridiculously dark. Obviously, if you don't have the same issue with wanting it to not be too noticeable, you would probably not like this mascara, or you would use it for your bottom lashes, but this is PERFECT for me. I have already repurchased it, and for only about $5, I will definitely continue to do so. :)