Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 2/1/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I would use this solely for my bottom lashes. It's such a small brush it's really easy to work with. I often use it for the corners of my upper lashes too because it can easily reach that area without getting black everywhere.
I only gave it a four because I wouldn't reach for this for my upper lashes. I have used it when I'm in a rush and it works fine, it's just nothing special for those lashes.
I buy this in the waterproof version.

on 1/29/2013 11:22:00 PM

I have short lashes so I thought the short brush would help get any many of my lashes coated as possible. The mascara itself is way too thick so I got a lot of clumps I had to thin out. The mascara start to break down after about 5 hours (I have very oily skin) and was rather irritating to my eyes.

on 1/14/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I would buy this product over and over again! It's one of my HG mascaras (of course I use more than one bc of my short stubby lashes!). I only buy this in waterproof. What I do is...I curl my lashes first, apply this mascara in waterproof only, and then layer on whatever other volumizing and/or thickening mascara I feel like using for the day. Applying this mascara first helps to hold the curl. I have short and straight Asian lashes and I find myself buying this over and over! I love it!

on 1/6/2013 5:55:00 PM

a really good bottom lash mascara. tiny brush that can get right into it. good formula that make lashes nice and long

on 12/30/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my go-to mascara. I have very long, straight, thin lashes. This is not a great formula for volume (and I no longer believe there is such a thing as a volumizing formula since I have tried them ALL). But it gets every lash, is a real black, never flakes, and is easy to remove. For all of those reasons, I keep coming back to it.

It's also pretty inexpensive and it goes on sale often, so I actually throw it away as often as recommended (every 3 months, which I refuse to do with more expensive mascaras).

All in all, this product is absolutely worth a try.

on 11/2/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this very much but not on its own. On its own it takes a long time to apply and does little to volumize. However, this is my second coat mascara of choice.

Once I put on a thin layer of any other mascara, I like to go in with this one, recoat what needs to be recoated and do my bottom lashes

Its truly great for innermost lashes on the upper lash line.

on 10/3/2012 7:17:00 PM

This mascara just does not work for my eyelashes. It doesn't do anything! I bought it because a beauty guru on youtube said it was amazing for lower lashes because of the brush size. I do use it for that, but I have to layer a volumizing mascara over it. It gives NO volume whatsoever. If you like the very natural separated lash look, then go for it!

on 9/8/2012 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

***update*** even though I LOVE maybelline mascaras, it does seem like my eyes have developed some sort of allergy and maybelline mascaras make my eyes itch like crazy even after I've removed it. So even though this and colossal wp were some favorites in the past, I can no longer wear them. ---1/11/15

Old review::: So I decided to take a chance on this mascara again. In the past I used it but back then I had a crappy eye lash curler and a poor eye makeup remove...anyways, I decided to buy this again and it's LOVE! I got the black waterproof and the brush is great- finds all those little lashes. Makes my weak lashes thicker and waaay longer. Love it and will repurchase. For reference, my lashes are stick straight and thin, not very long and go down slightly.

on 8/24/2012 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE this mascara! I generally use this as a lower lash and 2nd coat mascara.
The wand is so sooo skinny it is nearly impossible to mess up and it does find every little lash!
I generally curl my lashes, apply another mascara..lash blast or the orange tube by NYC for more volumizing. I then recurl and add the lash discovery which hold my curl, adds a bit more definition WITHOUT any clumping and separates my lashes at the same time. I apply to my bottom lashes and it is just fabulous! Wouldn't go with out this!!

on 7/14/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My HG mascara. And I am not afraid to pay big bucks for mascara--hello Dior! Have tried them ALL and keep coming back to this silly little $5 tube of Maybelline. It's almost embarrassing. With just one coat, this makes my lashes look fake. No clumping. Ever. I dunno--maybe I'm just lucky with this particular brand?? I don't get this NOT working on anyone.... Meh, they'll probably quit making it now.

Popular Mascaras