Renova - Renova Rx cream

4.5

Renova (0.05% Tretinoin w/w) butylated hydroxytoluene, citric acid monohydrate, dimethicone 50 cs, edetate disodium, fragrance, hydroxyoctacosanyl hydroxystearate, light mineral oil, methoxy PEG-22/dodecyl glycol copolymer, methylparaben, PEG-45/dodecyl glycol copolymer, purified water, quaternium-15, stearoxytrimethylsilane and stearyl alcohol, and sorbitol solution Renova (0.02% Tretinoin w/w) benzyl alcohol, butylated hydroxytoluene, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetyl alcohol, edetate disodium, fragrance, methylparaben, propylparaben, purified water, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, steareth 2, steareth 20, and xanthan gum.

on 12/1/2007 6:46:00 PM

i am 29 years old, with sensitive skin. i got a prescription for this after reading the fab reviews. in my case, renova (generic) has been working great for lighting old marks from acne, etc... i've also used this for about two months now at the outer corner of my eye where i have started noticing very fine lines (barely noticable).

however, after using this, the lines have become worse. i now have two deep lines in this area. it's true that certain products work for some and not others. i am definitely one of those that has not benefited from this product as an anti-wrinkle cream. there was another reviewer that reported this also, i guess we are in the same boat.

i am going back to using vaseline as it did a better job. i remember starting this after hearing tyra bank's saying her mother used vaseline for years around her eyes and is wrinkleless. so it's back to vaseline for me!!

on 11/25/2007 1:13:00 AM

Holy Grail of skincare.
I am 37 with the beginnings of forehead lines etc and this has made a vast improvement in the apperance of lines in the 3 months that I have been using it. It has also removed some longstanding lumps and bumps on my face (what the hell were those things?).

Using it is a bit of a PITA though. You MUST wait about 30 mins after cleansing or it will sting. I have to use a buffer on my neck (jojoba oil)as I had a bad reaction. I use this around my eyes as well - just use sparingly and you will be fine. Peeling lasted about 2 months but was no big deal. You can get great deals on this product at medsmex.com (they are only charging $5 shipping anywhere at the moment so I am stocking up). A tube lasts about 6 weeks. It is hard to recommend this to others as I can imagine some people would not be able to tolerate it., but it works really well for me.

on 10/11/2007 1:13:00 PM

I've been using Renova (now the generic) for about 5 years - as soon as they'd let me start after having my last child! It absolutely makes a noticeable difference, but you have to use it regularly and for the long term.

My skin has no crepiness, is smooth and even toned. The fine lines are somewhat improved, and crows feet are also lessened. I use it on my neck too - very important. I'll never stop using this.

on 7/19/2007 7:49:00 PM

This was expensive ($100) but dang, it works! I'm 45 and after living in Texas most of those years, I have some brown spots and some loose skin, mostly around my mouth and jaw. A few months of Renova at night has lightened the brown spots and firmed everything up. It's hard to find a product that will really do that. Caused some flaking at first, but I used some AHA or glycolic acid to help exfoliate. I'm also using SkinMedica Vitamin C serum on the marionette lines and jaw to help with the firming. It's also cut down on the breakouts. Now that's not fair - wrinkles and acne at the same time!

on 6/3/2007 9:40:00 AM

I have been using Renova .02% for 2 months and have already noticed an improvement in my skin. It is soft as silk and I really think that the sun damage is reduced. I am 40 with pale skin and wish I had used sunblock in my 20's so I'm hoping to undo some of that damage. It was tough in the beginning with the dry and flaky skin but after a couple of weeks it is much better. I take a night or two off from time to time. Yes, it is expensive but I think if you add up all of the other skin care items you currently use it is probably about the same price. I only use this at night after cleansing with Cetaphil. During the day I use a spf 30 sunscreen which is an absolute must....wish I had started earlier!

on 4/30/2007 11:03:00 AM

i LOVE renova, and recommend it to everyone who will listen, but they've decided to stop selling the .05% strength and are only selling .02%. if you use--and love--this product, please call ortho/neutrogena and let them know you want it back!

i've been using the product for 10 years--since it came out--and get regular comments on how nice my skin is, despite having been a bit of a sun worshipper in my early 20's (before i knew better). it does make my skin flake a bit in the winter, but i skip a day now and again or mix the renova with my la mer and that seems to solve the problem. for me, it's a miracle product.

on 11/4/2006 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

patent ran out on renova in 2003!!! its even on ebay!!!! type in renova n find it wow cheap

on 9/28/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have nothing but good things to say about Renova. I've been using it for six months and am seeing great results. I am forty years old with oily, acne prone, sun damaged skin. After six months on Renova, I no longer see any sun damage on my face, fine lines are disappearing and the overall appearance of my skin is much smoother.

The price is a little steep, but it's much less expensive than department store creams that don't work anyway. And there is an adjustment period your skin must go through, but it's so very worth the money and the initial irritation.

on 7/14/2006 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love Renova. Can't do without it. I've been using it for a couple of years and my skin, at 51, is the best it's been in my adult life, except for my early twenties. It's smooth and supple and wrinkles have been greatly diminished. I use the milder formula, .02, as the .05 is a little too strong for me. I've never had redness or peeling or any irritation with .02. I do apply it very, very sparingly, which I think helps in that regard. I even use it under my eyes and on my eyelids. I probably use it 4 nights a week. I could probably use it every night but I don't want to use it up too quickly as it IS pricey (but worth it). I like to put it on my hands and chest area too. Great, great stuff.

on 7/2/2006 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down, Renova is the most effective anti-wrinkle cream out there. The first few weeks are tough, since skin will react with redness and flaking. But after a few weeks/months of consistent use, your skin will appear smoother & more polished. And it's not as harsh as Retin-A, which dried my skin out. I recommend this and will def. keep repurchasing. Keep in mind that the flaking signals the product is working (it's exfoliating your skin).

A great site that sells Renova at a super-low price w/o a prescription is Medsmex.com at:(http://www.medsmex.com). The product comes as a generic name called Retacnyl, but it's Renova. Fyi: In the past I have purchased the super-expensive brand name prescription Renova (for $140 a tube!!!, which insurance does not cover), and it's the same thing.

Btw, I've gotten many emails from fellow MUers asking if medsmex.com is a legit site, and I vouch for them: I've been purchasing Renova from them for over 3 years now and have never had a problem. The product is legit and the website offers good service at great prices.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)