August 29, 2014 | 1309 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by koroios

Pros: absolutely beautiful fine-milled shimmer. The shade "shell" is a pink champagne color...heavier on the champagne side than the pink side. Shows up as a light-catching beige shimmer with a hint of pink on my medium/golden peach undertones. (I have very dark hair and eyes, so yellow undertones are more pronounced) Beautiful as a lid wash (from lash line to crease) or highlight with a thin, very-blended line under arch of eyebrow. If paired with Lancome's Hypnose, it gets quite a few compliments. Easy to apply with a shadow brush wet or dry.

Cons: First a crack developed in the potted eyeshadow. 'No big deal,' I thought. Um, nope. That was just a foreshadow of things to come. Because now I have a loose shimmer pigment instead of a potted shadow. I use the dust from it that collects on the roof of the lid to apply the shadow which is frustrating. I'd much rather have this in a cream eyeshadow or a more "solid" eyeshadow than discover after a couple of weeks of owning this that it morphs into a "loose eyeshadow shimmer". Would repurchase if not for this.

Overall:

Price-$16

This color is beautiful. The lasting power is moderate, if I apply this at 6am (without primer, etc) it is gone by noon. If I apply this wet (yet again without primer) it last well into the afternoon. I will definitely use this up completely, just wish it didn't crumble.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Smashbox eyeshadow. Great pigment and good range of colors. I like the trio's. It does not usually crease. I do use a base/primer to help with that in other shadows. But Smashbox usually creases the least for me. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by sofabean

I have 4 different smashbox eyeshadows (unfortunately the names have rubbed off so I can't do a review on each), but they were my first eyeshadows and they are amazing! The mattes are very easy to blend unlike MAC matte eyeshadows. I find that the lighter shimmer colors like coral & pink aren't as vivid though and don't show up *as much*

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by AndieD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore Smashbox eyeshadow! Second only to Origins & it's a VERY close second.
I love how smooth it goes on & how vibrant the colors are! It's so refreshing when the eyeshadow shows up on your eyes just as it looks in the case! I can not say enough good things.
It stays on all day & isn't difficult to remove either. Wow! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by CelesteB

I have too many colors to name. I love Smashbox shadows. I always buy them in the single pots. I can wear them with or with out Urban Decay's Primer Potion. With UDPP the color is more intense. I am a Smashbox shadow fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I like all my smashbox eyeshadows. I have several colors which is use over urban decay primer and blend together sometimes. They go on smooth (at least over the primer) and seem to stay put. I like the variety of tan and neutral colors they offer (some matte and some shimmery) that all look good with black eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jessicaho

Don't know why, but my eyelids just got red and irritated and itchy right after that I had to take it off right away.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by fUnkYmuNkEy

i love smashbox eyeshadows. i recently bought a whole case of them that holds 8 shadows. they are so sparkly and blend well. i love their lightcolored ones because they really show up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lavenderfleur

I am really disappointed with the two eye shadows I ordered. Neither one looks anything on my eye like it does in the pot. It also wears off quickly even after using UDPP. I know a lot of people complain about MAC, but their eyeshadow is far superior to this in my opinion. Would not buy a Smashbox shadow again. I can get better results from a drugstore shadow than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by suey421

Although it is not the best eye shadow I have ever used (have recently fallen in love with Shu Uemura shadows) but definitly a quality product. There is a nice selection of colors (doesnt compare to MAC's selection but still pretty good) and the shadows themselves have a nice light effect that can easily be built up and blended. The shimmery colors are particularly nice. Would recommend to someone who doesnt want to dish out more for a really exceptional shadow (and I cant blame them). I didnt find anything wrong with these shadows but werent as silky as Shu Uemura. Still, they are def worth buying.