September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by juicyjub07

This stuff is AMAZING! I bought the medium shade (blonde to light brown) and I absolutely love it! In the past, I've always bought the frost & glow from Clairol which was great but always ended up with some strands that were not evenly coloured.

I absolutely LOVE THE COLOUR! I'm a dark blonde with a lot of honey highlights previously made at the salon but had a huge regrowth because of the summer. Now I look like I'm a natural honey blonde and I absolutely love it! At first I was scared to bleach already bleached hair but it didn't at all, the product made my hair even shinier and perfectly healthy (the cause for it might be the secret amazing conditioner offered in the box which gives you gorgeous smooth hair)

Of course it's kind of difficult with the cap and if you want to do the back you'll have to get help from someone. But it's worth it. 12 bucks for almost the same thing of what you would have got at the salon !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

Amazing. I haven't colored my hair for over 10 years and wanted a change. I used the Frost and Glow for Medium to Dark Brown hair - It looks very even and natural. I did this myself and did all the holes with circles. Next time I think I'll do all the holes since I want a more dramatic look, but what I ended up with looks nice (and my boyfriend loves it!).

You can do this on your own. It took about an hour or so to do all the holes with circles. I used another mirror in conjunction with my bathroom mirror - but it will probably be easier and take less time if you have help. The cap rinses off clean in the shower. I'm saving it an will probably use it to add other colors of highlights to my hair since the concept is easy and other hair dyes are less expensive.

I do like the shade of blonde it went - very natural and subtle, but still makes a statement. I will probably do bigger strands next time - also, a little goes a long way! I had a ton of product left over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the price, this product performed well. No way you could pull the hair through the cap all over by yourself. Thankfully, my husband helped with the back. Be careful not to pull too much hair through each hole.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by alva3025

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great Highlighting kit! I have paid hundreds of dollars at salons to get the same results I got from this kit that cost 7 dollars at Target.I have dark brown hair and I get great results with no orange/red tint at all. The only thing that could be a problem is that the cap is difficult to use by yourself to reach the back. I would suggest having a friend help you but for 7 dollars and beautiful results its worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by XannaGirl

I'm a little puzzled by all the rave reviews here. Yes, the results look nice because of the cap, but I give it a low score for difficulty of application. No way you can give yourself all over highlights without assistance; reaching the back of your head to pull the hair through is impossible because you can't see where you are putting the hook. My mother-in-law stepped in to help, and it took us all afternoon.

I suppose you could do it yourself if you were only highlighting the front and top.

She convinced me to use every hole, which is part of what slowed us down. I would go with the other reviews and definitely use only the circled holes, because I ended up with more of an overall dyed look than highlights.

I do have a lot of hair, medium length and very thick, and my hair would tangle up on itself as we pulled it through, so I spent a lot of time undoing knots. I will say that there is more than enough product given in one box. Very generous amount.

I also followed the recommendation to get a metal hook from Sally's (88 cents!) and that was indeed better than the plastic one provided.

I had completely grown out my natural hair color when I tried this. My natural color is dark ash blonde, and I chose the kit for blonde to light brown hair.

I have to say that my hair looked better than before, but even though I Ieft it in for an hour (the maximum time), it had a cheap orangey tinge to it. For this reason, and the fact that it took so long to apply, I won't be buying this product again.

Still, I had to at least give it two stars, because for 12 bucks my hair looked way better than before, and I was pretty glad that I'd cancelled by 95-dollar salon highlighting appointment.

In trying to fix the brassiness, I discovered a great product, Clairol's Shimmer Lights, but that's another review.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Spinto74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For $12 I have a completely new look! Can't say enough good things about this product. I will say it works a lot better for me on virgin hair but I've been using this in between salon highlights (disappointing mostly) for last 10 years. I have dark dark brown to black hair and it just brightens my face up every time! I leave on virgin hair for 30 min and pull through only circled holes on cap. Love it! I just did them this evening and it was worth every penny right in time for summer :-). Makes my whole head of hair look lightened by only highlighting those particular strands. Brilliant and EASY!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by zahnpasta99

Let me start by saying I've had more hair highlighting disasters than I care to count. Most if those were in the salon and I had brassy, broken, meh highlights.
Since its almost summer I wanted to liven up my hair. Usual color is medium brown. Pulls brass very easily. I had put a light cool brown semi permanent on it about 3 weeks ago. On to the product.
6.98 at Walmart got the kit for med dark hair honey highlights. To prepare I did a co wash the day before and let my hair get greasy. I think this helped. I used cap and pulled w small end of hook through most of dark circles. H helped w the back. Wrapped other hair w plastic wrap and clip to protect. Applied bleach (non stinky) covered w plastic and waited the results. I had seen where reviews said to leave on 60 min to get pass the brass stage. I checked it at 30 and it had lifted to lemon yellow color. A couple of pieces near roots looked dark and I freaked out and put a little mixture on them. Waited amount 3 more minutes and went to rinse. I was quite spazzy thinking it had turned into a mess. Rinsed, took off cap, washed with shampoo/cond and went to see the results.
Wow!!! First of all my hair is not dried out. Soft and shiny. It's about collarbone length. Next. No brass! No orange! I think these highlights look better than salon ones. They are a nice honey color with a few lighter blonde pieces mixed in. It is subtle yet gave my hair a lift. This kit is great. Overall I think the fact I let my hair get a bit greasy before helped pull through the cap easier and protect it during process. Having some help with the back didn't hurt. I will use this again and not pay the salon. This kit is a gem. I'm off to style my great hair!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SYangOfficial

Revlon Frost and Glow in Honey is the perfect shade for my Asian currently dark brown hair. I dyed my hair numerous time from black to brown to burgundy. Prior to using this kit, my hair was medium brown with a tint of red. Now, with darker hair especially when you had a tint of red, you would often end up with brassy orange highlights. Not with mine! Like everyone here on Makeupalley suggested, I decided to leave the bleach on for an hour. My hair started to turn orange! I panicked for a second, but remember someone here on Makeupalley said in ordered to get the beautiful highlights, to go pass the orange stage and so that's what I did and ended up with carmel/honey highlights and all for $7.34! I wish I left it on longer to get even more lighter highlights but this look will do for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Razzles14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AHMAZING!!! I've spent so much money on highlights at the salon and I could never achieve that beachy blonde platinum look I've been going for. My hair is dyed medium blonde and I bought this in the blonde to light brown color. I broke the hook and used a bobbypin instead....worked just fine. The pulling the hair through the holes on the cap process took about an hour but it was worth it! My hair turned out a beautiful platinum blonde color...very natural looking and not at all chunky or piecey....all for $7! Way worth the time and money:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by brookey55

I just used this product and I got amazing results. No brassy blonde.

I have medium brown hair which I have had highlighted at the salon for the past 3-4 years. It was starting to look brassy and I also wanted to go a little blonder. I was skeptical to use this product, but as a student I wanted to save some money!

I used the cap and pulled very small strands though the holes (I used them all). This is kind of long and annoying but worth the results. I left the dye on my hair for about 30 minutes, and then I took the cap off I put the remaining dye ALL OVER my hair to lighten up my base color also (for about 5-10 mins only)

It turned out good! my hair is now a medium blonde with light highlights throughout (doesn't look streaky at all, just multidimensional). Just what I wanted.

The product DID dry my hair out a bit, but I have very fine hair strands and obviously this is to be expected with bleach. I deep conditioned afterwards and this helped

I will try this again next time and hopefully Ill never have to pay for the salon again.