August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh! No, no no! The poor bustling busy beeties at Burt's Bees have made a real dud here with this Banana Hand Cream.

As with all their jars, it's pretty as a picture, charming for your mantelpiece. It's tiny but as we know, their formulas are waxy, so 50g of this solid stuff will last you into your pensioning age and could even embalm you without trouble. (Something to consider unless you want to die a death hand cream boredom)

The, ho hum, only good thing going for this pomade like wax is the nostalgic fragrance. It smells like all your comforting childhood dreams: creamy 'nana milkshake with cookies, hot mashed 'nana with peanut butter, hot 'nana buttermilk muffins, and more. But, boy, it doesn't last. You're all dizzy massaging a dollop of this glue into your palms (ick, sticky), and voila, within a jiffy your sweetened palms are left with a sickly, beeswax, marzipan-like pong.

At this point - don't touch anything! Nay, don't touch your freshly washed hair, your squeaky clean cleansed face, nor rub your tired peepers. Why? For fear your palms will stick to your skin - and stay there - for dear life. This stuff is sticky as superglue, talk about a 'nana supergloop attack. To give you an idea of texture, this stuff doesn't move. One couldn't blame artistic or baking beauties using this stiff glop for sculpture, cake decoration, or anything else that takes their whims. It's playdo in a jar.

Not worth the money, not worth the nostalgia. I gauge they're banking on the success of the big yummy sister aka le Almond Milk Hand Cream, but this is a hit and miss. Some will love it (um, Why? I scream), some will hate it (I concur, sisters!), some won't care (that's the worst, indifference....).

Now, why would one use beeswax to make a hand cream? Bad recipe, fellas. Unless you're a gardener, or cleaner, this is not for everyday beauties who, erm, need to use their hands. Pray, stick to lush nut butter bases beauties, they're far superior to the beeswax that's best for lips and soles.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes a great overnight hand cream. It moisturizes really well, and the banana scent is comforting. It's very greasy, so save it for bedtime.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by iriej

Another favorite of mine. I adore the banana scent! Its very thick so i only put it on the back of my hands and elbows. My bf always says how soft my hands are.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jan111

I really love the smell, actually! Smells like the little banana sweets I had when I was a kid! I agree that this cream is very heavy and waxy, but I use it on my hands, feet, elbows, knees at night and it moisturises like nothing else. Will definitely repurchase as it feels much more glam than Vaseline!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by purplerain400

I really love how this makes my hand feel, just utterly soft. But the smell, I hate the smell. I hate bananas and now having my hands smell like that is totally not appealing to me. Its the only reason why i wont re-purchase, so if you're ok with the smell it should be a great product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This smelled like overripe bananas and made me a little nauseous. It was a bit too thick and sticky for a hand cream in my opinion. I got it on clearance a long time ago, and would never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in one of the Burt's Bees "Starter Kits." I'm glad that I only had that little bit of product to test out. It's OK, but I'm not enthusiastic about it.

The smell is OK, because I can smell a bit of natural banana. I can smell the beeswax too, but that scent doesn't bother me. Overall, I've smelled better and I've smelled worse.

The product is quite greasy, which is the thing that's preventing me from really liking this product. Once I use this stuff, it's like I put a force field on my hands. Water won't break through this stuff (which is good if your hands REALLY need repairing, but it isn't my cup of tea). I just prefer textures that aren't quite as strong as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by RecklessAbandon31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this is a hand creme, I would not recommend using it all over your hands. It's sort of greasy and doesn't absorb very well BUT it does the job. Plus it smells GREAT! well at first... after a few seconds of applying it just smells like wax. I honestly don't mind. Since my hands get dry over the winter I use it on my knuckles and I also get random dry spots all over my body and this product seems to work =] so I recommend this to people with dry skin. And a tip, use it at night that way you won't be bothered by the smell or the greasy feeling. But the packaging sucks, the jar looks super cute but I don't enjoy getting the product out. Overall I recommend this to people with dry skin only (not just hands)!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by peace871

Good product, does the job. Just get used to the smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kims121

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the banana smell, but it quickly smells waxy I hate having to dig my fingers into the cream to apply. This cream leaves an oily feeling, but does level out after much hand rubbing. I would expect with the thickness and oilyness of this product that my hands would feel hydrated for more than a few minutes. I do not recommend this one.