Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Lotion

Pure nastiness, smell of old ladies, heavy musk, overpowering amber, and baby powder. Enjoy :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

worst smell ever. for me, i cant stand this smell. too strong and makes my nose feel sensitive..

on 1/30/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice lotion and the scent lasts!!!

on 12/7/2008 6:59:00 PM

I think with the Amber you love it or hate. I bought this for a gift for a friend and I think she will enjoy this. She is really into floral scents and richer deeper notes, than I am into. I do enjoy smelling them but I don't prefer to wear them, I'm a nut about how I smell and If I'm not 100% confident in a scent it will/can ruin my whole day.... This is lovely and very romantic...

on 11/24/2008 11:45:00 PM

this stuff is awesome. i got this as a gift, and since i have a lot of body creams, i decided to finish using them one at a time ... i don't particularly enjoy the scent, but my skin was SOOOO soft after using it. it absorbs so well and is non-greasy. would definitely purchase again if the love spell one (for some odd reason) doesn't work the same

on 10/20/2008 4:45:00 PM

This is a nice musky scent from Victoria's Secret. The scent is pleasant, but I'm not sure if I would purchase it again since I'm not overly thrilled by it.

on 9/21/2008 7:24:00 AM

Yuck. Can't stand this smell. Got it as a gift with other sample sized lotions, this is by far the worst out of the pack. I can't even describe the smell. Maybe "old lady" does it.

on 2/28/2008 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Mmmmm, smells divine. Nice texture, received as a gift so I don't know price =)

on 2/11/2008 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I live in British Columbia and it wasn't until last year that my local La Senza started carrying a limited number of products from the VS line. Intrigued by the scent of Amber Romance I purchased the EDT as well as the lotion. The lotion has a really nice light texture and is actually quite moisturizing without being greasy. Now come the complaints. First off, is it really necessary for the lotion to be bright canary yellow? It looks and smells like the banana flavoured liquid antibiotics I used to take for strept throat as a kid. I don't know if it's the chemical that colours it or what it is, but it keeps that antibiotic smell which is too bad because the Amber Romance drydown is pretty wonderfull in the EDT. The scent itself starts out VERY strong and cherry (dr pepperish) but drys down to a nice rich amber scent. Reminds me of old people for some reason, but I like it. It's more of a comfort scent than a sexy scent. I haven't tried to body butter, but I would not recommend layering the EDT over the lotion because the lotion smell is overpowering. Would purchase VS lotions again just not this one.

on 1/31/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Amber Romance scent - it's my favorite. I've also reviewed the Body Butter [my absolute FAVORITE] and Body Wash. I don't use this lotion every day - just when I'm in the mood. I do always keep one on hand even though my preference is for the butter.

The lotion is light and silky and absorbs into the skin well. I don't feel it softens as well as the butter - but it's a lotion. It has a different purpose. But this is a nice lotion whose scent sticks around a while as well. The entire line rocks.

NOTE: I have had it lightly stain my bra when putting on - but it does wash out. Must be the dye color they use in the lotion.

on 1/25/2008 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recieved this a part of a gift set of body lotions from the secret garden collection, and tried it for the first time. I felt like my skin reeked all day long. The scent on this was overwhelming. The next morning I almost liked the lingering scent, but can't deal with initial smell. I would not buy againk, I probably will not use it again