October 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lip Gloss - Laura Mercier - Rose Glace Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a very beautiful shade for summer. Great for pale and tanned skin tones. IMO, worth every cent of the $!8 price tag.

It's a very shiny almost watery looking but definitely not watery feeling gloss. The texture isn't too sticky either. The color is a nice medium pink that thankfully doesn't go fuschia on me but has that nice just bitten lips look. Decent staying power as well.

This has become one of my favorite summer glosses and probably will be for some time to come! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 12:20:00 AM More reviews by KarenPie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a generous size sample tube too, quite a while ago and I use it all the time - never on its own, but to top off dull or flat or too dark or even too light lipsticks (doesn't seem like it should help both, but it does!). It is the great lipstick corrector. It has enough pink to do a bit of perking up but doesn't overpower any other color, and it is shiny and pretty. I am about to hit the bottom of the tube and may have to buy a full tube soon. Good consistency - not too runny, not too goopy. Yep, it is just right,Goldilocks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2004 9:17:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a deluxe sample. Very nice, though I rarely wear anything but chapstick on my lips. This really doesn't add too much color (just a pink spike), but does add nice gloss. Not sticky, and no discernable fragrance. If I ever used lip gloss, I guess I would have to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by elephantgrl82

I absolutely love this gloss. I have extremley pale skin so it's usually hard to find lipsticks or glosses that look good on me but this one does! I got it at Henri Bendel while on a shopping trip to NYC. The salesman insisted I try it and once he put it on me, I had to have it. It's a nice sheer berry gloss that is easy to put on and looks great. I was never one to wear lipsticks or lip gloss until now. I never leave the house with out it on. It's my holy grail of lip products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2003 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kkdallas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not as bright pink in the tube as on the lips. But it is a great textured gloss and is not overly sticky. It shows up as a faint, clear pink with lots of shimmer. It is a great gloss over liners such as Baby Lips or by itself. I find myself reaching for this one for a quick slick of color, shine and gloss.....a perfect girly pink lipgloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2003 5:56:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Luckily I got this as an extra in a recent swap cause I had it on my list to buy and boy am I glad I didn't! I know now that Laura's site don't have even close to the actual colors. On the site it looks like a soft muted rose w/ a light pink hue, but in reality it's a super vibrant almost hot pink shimmers gloss w/ zero rose or light pink. Very bad color swatches, but as usual cosmetics sites do not understand the importance of having acurate clor swatches (not sure how they can't know the importance though since we as consumers have to judge if we like a product by the colors!)

Anyhow, I did like the texture, though not sure now long it will last as it has zero tackiness unlike MAC Lipglass which lasts a while due to the tackiness texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2003 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mildredpierce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first LM purchase and I don't regret it. The gloss looks beautiful on me (pale, green eyes, black hair) but its not as bright on as in the tube. The LM packaging is boring but this tube and wand is nice to apply. The consistency is very good, not sticky like Lipglass but not thin. I think this is a great gloss, but I must say there is probably just as nice a shade of pink in a cheaper gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Genny

This was my second LM lip gloss purchase. This color is nice, but maybe a little to pink for my fair skin. It is almost a bubble gum pink. A nice color but I like softer pinks maybe with more brown. This is a fun color to have, but I doubt I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Aimee3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just love love love this color! Usually I wear more of a sheer berry color, (like Nars Stella) but this color is surprisingly wearable. (I'm pale with strawberry blonde hair, brown/hazel eyes) Too bad I didn't find this at the beginning of the summer but I'm going to wear it as long as it's not freezing outside!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2003 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Soybeans236

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is SUCH a pretty shade. I looks like an average pink red in the tube but when it goes on, it brightens up my whole face. It is a rose shade that looks almost hot pink. I have a mini tube and definitely will purchase the bigger size soon!

I really like the quality of this Lip Glaces. They last a long time without being sticky. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive!