July 30, 2014 | 1827 users online

Brows - The Body Shop - Eyebrow kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Sour

I love this because its so easy to use and the double-sided brush is absolutely amazing. Beats using eyebrow pencils any day ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to this from TBS Brow Pencil, and before that Shiseido Brow Pencil. I am really glad I let the SA convince me to try a powder instead of a pencil - it is much easier to get an even set of brows, and this kit lasts FAR longer than the TBS Brow Pencil! I use a cheap Manicare angled eyeliner brush - the brush that comes with the kit looks horrible and I haven't dared try it.

I have the Brown/Brunette kit: the "light" half appears sort of greyish compared to the "dark" half, which appears sort of reddish. This works out okay for me however - when my hair is not coloured (a mousy light brown), I use more of the greyish side, and when my hair is coloured slightly coppery, I use more of the reddish side.

The packaging is fine mechanically (there's a little clasp to open the compact), but I don't like the silver top - it looks grotty once you've had the compact for a few months and it's been rattling around in the makeup bag!

I have said "yes" to repurchasing, however I may look further afield when my current one runs out. Having two different powders seems a bit silly, as it's hard to use them up evenly (that could just be the OCD talking...)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every day. And I've been using for at least 2 years and I'm not even halfway through the pans yet!
I have switched to using a Artiste brow brush but the included one was not too bad, the angled end was nice and thick and stiff enough to give comprehensive but natural looking coverage, even if the thin eyeliner brush on the other end was crap. I have dark brown hair and use this in 02, which I think is Brunette (well, duh, that makes sense!). This is pigmented, very matte and not too powdery. Last all day on me and I usually don't even have to top it up with wax or gel because my brows are pretty well behaved. It gives nice definition and looks natural and I like having the choice of two shades. I tend to use the lighter one for natural and day time looks and the darker one more more dramatic or party looks. Heaps of product, not too expensive (I think I paid $28NZD a few years ago), lasts for ages and looks great. The only bad thing is that I have become so used to using it, I feel compelled to take it even when I travel and the compact isn't ideal for that, its too bulky and mine is very worn and bashed looking by now.
But I do love this and I would definitely buy it again. It's a keeper for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I used this for a few years before i started using my favourite eyebrow powder (E.L.F. Studio brow powder) and it worked really well. I had the 02 shade as my hair is a dark brown and the 03 shade looked too dark. I was disappointed when the brush broke and found out recently that a friend's brush broke too - it's not very well packaged! I overcame the broken brush disaster by buying the smashbox travel eyebrow brush! Overall a good eyebrow powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this kit. i have dark brown hair and brows so i find this works well for me-i got the darkest shade.
Some have given this lower reviews due to the brush but i find that to be silly, since the actual product works real well.
on me this last all day and looks natural, which is what i really wanted. the packaging is cute but its a bit bulky.
its kind of pricey but i have had it for 6 months and havent made a significant dent in it. overall im happy with this and would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Before this kit, I searched for the perfect eyebrow colour everywhere. My brows have a funky, weird black/grey/brown colour that is really hard to define and every colour I've tried has either been too brown or too black. But that was before I discovered this great kit. The saleswoman wanted me to use the lightest in the duo (I have the 02 one) and tried it on me, but that looked just horrendous. lol. Luckily, the darkest colour in the duo is as perfect a match for my brows as possible.

Love how the duo contains a mirror, but the brush sucks, so minus for that. I use this with my EM eyeliner/eyebrow brush. And if I want a more ''hard'' colour, I use an eyebrow gel and apply the powder when wet.

Edit: I've discovered that the darkest colour is gorgeous as a very natural liner. I wore it over my Nyx jumbo pencil in yogurt and on my lower lashline and I loved it.
5 lippies, because the horrible brush is now a distant memory.=P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by LovableTenshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, simply put, I swear by this. I'm not even kidding. Whoever thought that using a PEN to fill in eyebrows was a good idea??? It's a b---- to make it go on evenly, and one little mistake involving a stroke with too much pressure and you need to bust out the makeup remover to get it off.

I've been using this little baby for god-knows-how-long, and it gives me perfect eyebrows every day. The brush is great because it's stiff enough to control with little problems and the angle makes it perfect to contour to the natural arching and tapering of the brow. It's about $18, and lasts for waaaay longer than you'd think it would. And, no sharpening required!

And, as other reviewers have said, I'm pretty sure it can stay on through a bombing raid - until you wash your face, at which point it comes off with ease.

Without a doubt, my favorite, favorite brow product ever, and one of my 2 never-go-anywhere-without-it beauty essentials.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by snowgem

I really, really love this brow powder. The powder comes in 2 shades, one darker than the other, probably one for the length and one for the fine tail-end of the arch. I bought no. 3; it perfectly matches my black hair. I just used it the other night, and it was so hot that my eyeshadow had completely melted off by the end of the night - but my brows were still immaculate!

This was recommended by my mother - she's been using her Body Shop powder for the past god-knows-how-many-years, and while I couldn't get the exact same one again, this one's great.

Bought it for SGD$26.90. Not cheap, but I expect to be using it for the next decade like my mum has...! x)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by zuvesta

This brow kit is fantastic! I've had it for over a year now and even with daily use there is still a ton of product left. I'm a very dark blonde, and the 02 shade (I believe it's intended for brunettes) is a good fit for me - a little dark, but with proper application and blending of the two colours it goes on well.

Now, the brush. Oh, the brush. I actually haven't had any issues with it - maybe I just got used to it because I didn't have another slanted brush I was willing to devote to my brows. I find the stiff, bristly end to be very good for filling in my brows but the pointed end is useless.

Took off one lippie for a lack of blonde-friendly colours!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kuongkw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. I was using dark eye shadow to fill in my brows, but it was such a mistake. After I switched to this my brows look much more natural and nice. I have no problem using the bruch that comes with it - I had a sales to show me how to use it before I buy it. However, I've not compare it with other brow kits.