L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make Up Remover for Eyes and Lips - WATERPROOF

3.9

Water, cyclopentasiloxsne, isohexadecane, isopropyl palmitate, sodium chloride, dipotassium phosphate, poloxamer 184, potassium phosphate, panthenol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, D & C Green N 6 (CI 61565), (FIL B4885/2).

on 8/16/2010 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Excellent eye makeup remover! Previous I have always been using HE brands for eye makeup remover such as Lancome Bi facil, Chantecaille rose eye makeup remover and Anna sui waterproof eye makeup remover. While the Lancome Bi facil was good, it was also very expensive and I use it up very quickly. Chantecaille's rose eye makeup remover promises to be gentle and non stinging but in actual fact it made my eyes blood shot and it stung so badly! It was a complete waste of money and was so expensive too. Anna sui's waterproof eye makeup remover was good but was also quite expensive. I was in search for a good and affordable eye makeup remover. Because I have very sensitive eyes (and i wear contacts), i needed something that is gentle and most importantly effective in removing waterproof mascara (especially Majolica majorca mascaras). I came across this while perusing the isles of my local drugstore and picked it up as it was on sale (about RM21 which is about 4pounds?). I wasn't expecting much from it to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised when it managed to remove my stubborn Majolica majorca mascara! I have never come across any eye makeup remover that can remove my Majolica mascara so properly and quickly too! I poured a sufficient amount (you don't need alot) on a cotton pad and pressed it on my eye for about 30 seconds and everything comes off! No rubbing or tugging on my lids. Although it is a bi phase formula, it does not leave your lids feeling oily or greasy. I can safely say that I will keep repurchasing this ( i already have 2 backups in my drawers) until they stop making it and will never go back to using expensive removers. HG product! =)

on 8/5/2010 12:21:00 AM

I have super sensitive eyes but this product is very good. It removes all my eye makeup (primer + paint pot + eyeshadow + waterproof mascara + eye liner) sometimes it takes more than one cotton pad but I don't have to rub . I will buy this product again because is cheap and good quality.

on 7/14/2010 7:48:00 PM

Total HG eye makeup remover for me! I love coastal scents gel liner but it's such a pain to get off. This has never disappointed me! I do not have to tug or rub, just soak a cotton pad and most of my makeup comes right off. I always get a ton of mascara at the roots of my lashes and what I do is place the cotton pad folded in half and then it kind of fits under my eyelashes without touching my eyes or skin so I can rub with no problems and it only takes about 10-20 seconds, depending on how much gel liner got between my lashes.
The price is excellent, less than 10$ for such great quality. A bottle of this gets me through 2 months, it's a pretty good deal. I just ran out of it and was forced to buy another out of necessity and tomorrow I'm going out and buying 3 of these to make sure I never run out!

Removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner effectively. After running out of my usual staple, Lancome B-Facil, I decided to try this drugstore makeup remover instead. It is definitely comparable. However, the product separates very quickly after you shake it. It doesn't smell as nice as Bi-Facil but it does its job and that's all it matters. My lashes feel soft after using this to remove my eye makeup.

on 5/30/2010 8:27:00 PM

I'm low on this now :( but i bought this a year ago! at first i didnt know which one to buy at the drug store, but the lady suggested me this one because the neutrogena one was oil-free and she said she feels like a makeup remover without oil was useless. so i went for this one.

it's not bad, i like it, but it's a bit too oily. after using this ive noticed my eyelids were getting more oily, but it does do what it promises--remove my makeup :)!

on 5/10/2010 11:00:00 PM

This product blew me away. I've been using an eye makeup remover by Kanebo and tried this product when I was at my cousin's in Taiwan. It is not as oily as Kanebo's makeup remover and a fraction of it's price. It removes my mascara quite easily, which was surprising to me. I've never like drug store makeup removers but L'Oreal completely changed my mind. It is actually a cult favorite in Asia, especially Taiwan.

on 5/6/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

2nd edit - moved on to using clinique take the day off and I prefer it to this one. Clinique removes everything in one shot. Would still repurchase this if I was tight on funds.

Edit - I have been using this more and more and it seems to be making my eye area look better, something in the oil maybe? I don't care what in it is working but something is and my ever increasing lines are no longer increasing, my eye area looks smoother!! I have not made any other changes so it has to be this product. I bumped this up to 4 and will repurchase, I have started using a large amount on a cotton pad and pressing it into my lashline to remove all the eyeliner/mascara that seems to be working a bit better. Still not perfect but really anything that is helping my lines/wrinkles I will keep using.

Initial review
This isn't a bad makeup remover but it's not great. It's a little oily and separates very quickly after you mix it so you have to work pretty fast. I like that the 2 layers are noticeably different colours making it easier for me to see if it is completely mixed or not. It doesn't sting my eyes and is a bit greasy/oily but it's not so bad that it bothers me. The problem was after using it looks like all my eye makeup is gone but then about 10 minutes later I have this huge smear of mascara that seeped under my eyes with the oil, even after washing and rinsing with another product. I can't live with that so I will finish this bottle and I won't be repurchasing. I did not have any problems with the cap as other users did (mine has a small hole in it so it's easy to control), I would love this if it wasn't for all the smeared mascara after use.

on 4/20/2010 12:22:00 AM

Removes eye makeup and waterproof mascara efficiently and effectively (I don't wake up with smudges of leftover mascara). Doesn't irritate my eyes. Comparable to Lancome's Bi-Facil at a fraction of the cost.

on 4/13/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have to say, this is one of my favourite products. We all know L'Oreal and Lancome are the same company. I loved the eye makeup remover from Lancome to begin with, and this is just like the same product with 1/3 of the price. Great quality, great price! I have bought more than 10 bottles of it. I only wish the packaging could be slightly better.

I love this product! It's so much better than the Mary Kay stuff I was using. It's a tad expensive, but it is worth it. I don't have to spend 5 minutes cleaning my eye anymore. One swipe with a cotton pad removes layers of UDPP, MAC greasepaint stick, eyeshadow. A second swipe and my fluidline, and waterproof mascara are gone. It doesn't make my eyes blurry or sting when I clean my lash line. I like it because there is basically no rubbing needed on the eyelid. It dries quickly and the excess of whatever makes it feel slightly oily wipes right off with cotton or a tissue.

I was able to wipe off eyeshadow I'd just done and re-do it without having the makeup remover residue melt my eyeshadow!

I wish the bottle came with a top that had a small hole in it. I'm afraid that if the bottle falls over it will spill everywhere. I like the childproof cap though. No spills in my makeup bag! One bottle will probably last me 6 months.

I'll try the CVS generic next time I buy a bottle just to save money, but there would be no need to try another type or cosmetic brand. Nothing could work any better than this one for me!