Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color

4.1

on 3/8/2010 4:00:00 PM

I adore chanel and i love all of her products.So this product,at least for me is not an exception.It's my best of and i love it.
Chanel has colours that you won't even imagine.As soon as you buy it, fashion is on your fingernails.The coulour is perfect and you can apply it easily with its thin brush which is very flexible.So it gives a precise result very fast.Also, you enjoy the comfortability because in just a minute its dry and you are ready to go.But you should know chanel nail polishes go off pretty quick.For me its not a problem because whenever i buy one i'm so excited that i use it constantly.So it doesn't get the time to go off.
I don't think it deserves the highest rate though cause its so expensive and whenever i don't have the budget to buy i prefer OPI.They pretty much do the same job (highlighting the frase "pretty much")

on 1/5/2010 7:00:00 PM

Goes on smooth and very opaque, but for the price I don't think it's much superior to OPI.

on 1/5/2010 5:37:00 PM

I have Chanel nail polish in Dragon (a true red) and in Rouge Noir. I love the quality, the staying power and the packaging. I tried cheaper versions like Revlon and Essie but the quality was nowhere near Chanel's.

I use the nail polish with base and top coat and the colour lasts for a week without any problem.

on 1/5/2010 2:08:00 AM

i have mixed options about Chanel nail Poilish. I find that its a hit and miss. i have fire, noir rougue, noir ceramic and marilyn.
fire and marilyn are stand outs, very highly pigmented, streak free and long lasting (yes to repurchase)
i find that noir rougue does not apply well with the brush and caost out very streaky and noir ceramic peels of the next day.
i use chanel base and top coat with every application.
if u can get your hands on fire go and buy it your wont regret it.

on 12/7/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The great thing about Chanel polishes are the colors. They have a nice variety of haute couture, up-to-the-minute colors. Right now I'm wearing Forbidden and it is a beautiful dark reddish brown that looks awesome with my fair skin. What I don't love about Chanel polish is the staying power, or lack thereof. I buff and clean my nails beforehand, and use OPI Natural Nail basecoat, Seche Vite topcoat, and 2 coats of polish - and every one of my nails is chipped and peeling in less than 24 hours. And I'm not talking tiny nicks, I'm talking about 1/2 of the polish on each nail completely flaking off. I normally wear OPI and China Glaze polishes, and granted those normally last no more than 2 days on me without chips, especially around the tips - but I have *never* had a polish wear so terribly as this Chanel does. At $23/bottle, you can get 3 bottles of OPI for the same price - which is what I will stick with for the most part. Yes I will probably buy Chanel polish again when they come out with another color I cannot live without. But IMHO it is not worth all the hype and the price, for the lack of quality.

on 11/19/2009 9:27:00 AM

I currently have three Chanel nailpolishes (thanks to my generous sister), and I love them all. The packaging is lovely and the colors I have are gorgeous. I personally love the brush, it gives me a lot of control and fits my nail shape very well. The ones I have are opaque and smooth in two coats, I usually always do three coats when I do my nails but these really are perfect in two. The formula is very smooth and dry time is quick. As for wear time I usually change my mani ever day or so, so I can't comment on that. Overall I would buy more Chanels, however for me it's all about color, so if there was a China Glaze or OPI that was a perfect dupe I would probably pass on the Chanel. For unique colors these are a winner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've tried two Chanel polishes...what is up with the skimpy brush? It makes for aggravating application. Not only that, the formula has a gritty and dry quality about it...goes on streaky. I absolutely loathe companies that charge $$$ because of their name and Chanel is no exception. Chanel nail polish=overpriced crap.

on 10/31/2009 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

IMO Chanel nail polish is the best. It covers great, dries fairly fast and wears like crazy. I can get a week or more out of my home manicure and that is saying something. Most other polishes start to chip after 1 or 2 days. I will say that the creme shades are not as long-wearing as the shimmery shades. I rave about this stuff. Stick with the frosts and you cant go wrong.

on 10/2/2009 12:20:00 AM

I love these nail polishes!!! Yes they are rather expensive and I don't really think they are worth $23-25 but I still find myself forking the cash over to get them. Some of the colors are dupable but on the other hand, some of them are unique such as blue satin and the new jade #407. I absolutely must rave about that color because it is jade but also has turquoise reflects. Also these polishes have good staying power, come in cute bottles, don't chip easily and last a long time in the bottle without thickening. I have one polish that has been in my collection since 2003 and it still glides on like brand new!

on 9/19/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Yes, this is horribly expensive, but IMO its worth every single penny.

I have maybe a dozen colors I've bought over the years & I tend to stick to the warm deep (mostly creme) reds they make because they suit my skin tone & I have never met a guy who didn't think they were incredibly sexy. The formula for the reds atleast is totally fabulous, it wears amazingly (I can go a month plus without needing a polish change for my pedicure because this simply does not chip) & there's nothing better than saying "it's Chanel" when someone asks what I'm wearing on my toes. Yes, I am a snob; yes, for I don't know how many years this was the only polish brand I ever wore on my toes & no, I don't know how many bottles of Rouge Noir I've gone through (a lot!) but this stuff is simply the best there is. And my pedicurist thinks so too, even though I probably visit her less than I would if I wore some other brand of polish!

Oh, and the bottles are unbelievable chic too!

Popular Polishes