NARS Night Breed

4.3

on 5/19/2005 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous and unique black eyeshadow with silver sparkles in it. I've used it as an eyeliner top and bottom and it doesn't get into my super sensitive eyes or irritate them in the least bit.... now that's amazing. I've gotten so many compliments for it. I think I'll try the other black shadows with different color sparkles in it too in the NARS line.

on 12/4/2004 10:59:00 PM

Ah love....first love. Yes that's what's going on between me and nightbreed. This can either give you that black sparkley eye look that you've been coveting on the fashion pages. OR it can be an eyeliner, or a lighter grey shadow. It all depends on the brushes you use and how much you apply. love it!

on 11/23/2004 12:04:00 AM

I changed my opinions about this. Pretty decent eyeshadow. Great for lining the eyes and doing a smokey eye. Glitter isn't very obvious, but that is good.

on 11/22/2004 9:11:00 PM

This is one of those products which looks great in the pan but does not look the same way on your eye. I cannot get the glitter to show up. However, it is a beautiful black non-glittery liner on me, and the pigmentation is strong and lasts all day. I would not repurchase, but I thinks it's a pretty good product. I just wish the glitter showed up on me.

on 11/1/2004 6:05:00 AM

A fabulous velvet-dense black with silver microglitter. What I love about this is its versatility. Press into the lashline with a push brush and you get what you see in the pan - a strong black with enough glitter to catch the light without looking obvious and tinselly. Sweep over the lid with a soft brush and the glitter all but disappears to leave a soft semi-translucent wash, like faded black denim. You can get the most incredible rock-n-roll smokey eye by combining both techniques to vary the density. Lasts well, and another thing I like, the glitter stays put rather than ending up all over the cheeks. A great and unique shade - but you need to have the right brushes and know how to use them to get the most out of it.

on 10/3/2004 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the nicest glittery black shadows. It's nice for a smokey eye or every day as a liner if you can pull it off. I can't give it a 5, however,... mostly because you really have to work with it to get it to blend right.

on 9/10/2004 11:51:00 AM

I pretty much agree with Byss on this eyeshadow and also the other NARS "Night" eyeshadows. They aren't very blendable and when you do try blending you loose all the glitter and they end up as a flat dark grey-Gross! But when I go back and pat the color on with my fingers or a sponge applicator (instead of a brush) it will keep the color solid and the glitters show up. So I have mixed feelings about this e/s. It is nice but takes a certain technique in application.

on 4/7/2004 4:37:00 PM

This is my favorite evening shadow. It's perfect for creating a sexy smoked out look. I recommend wearing an eyeshadow base (Too Faced First Base is a great one) with this shade. It intensifies the color and keeps the glitter in place.

on 3/17/2004 12:40:00 AM

Itís the nicest black eyeliner. Very beautiful on. It is heavily pigmented. Would buy it again.

on 2/23/2004 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Night breed is almost idential to MAC's Black Tied eyeshadow. The only difference is that Night breed is more pigmented. This is a black powder eyeshadow with a silver shimmer. Great for the smokey eye look.

Top Rated NARS Products