Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 3.2% Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, PEG-30 glyceryl stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, ceramide 3, glycine soja (soybean) oil, carnauba wax, caffeine, cellulose gum, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, alcohol denat., disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, polycaprolactone, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol. May contain: bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides.

on 1/6/2012 7:56:00 AM

This is my first review for MA. I originally purchased this a few years ago, loved the product. Easy to apply, good coverage for my skin, no break-outs and it lasts through a busy day. Recently I ran out, and thought to get a drugstore brand to save $$. Well I thought L'Oreal would be similar, as they are both owned by the same company- I was so wrong. Seems like all, if not most, of the drugstore foundations contain mica or sparkles these days. Why O why? It looks terrible in daylight for older or younger women. Sparkles in a foundation just defeat the purpose of trying to create the look of naturally even, smooth skin. Tried Revlon DNA foundation- even worse, more sparkles than the L'Oreal! So I will bite the bullet and spring for the $42 (us) for a new bottle in 30-clair. The sales woman, did clue me in that the free gift promo starts at the end of Jan, she gave me a little bottle of sample size in my color to hold me over til the sale. How nice was that? For good customer service, I would pay extra, and even buy a new product from her too. The only downside, is the pump dispenser- it puts out a bit too much,and you have to be carefully to only give it a very little squeeze- a little goes a long way. I also use a damp sponge after applying with my fingers to smooth out the finish= perfect every time!

on 1/1/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I’m picking up another on Monday. I bought my first bottle of Renergie Lift around 2006ish and have probably bought four more since. Each time I finish a bottle, I try something new but I keep returning to this foundation. Fortunately, I treat my man better than my makeup because I am hard to please, and easily distracted by something shiny and new with pie-in-the sky promises. Yes, this stuff is pretty spendy but still cheaper than wasting $$ on the latest, greatest just to end up tossing it. (I really am trying to quit. Is there a Cosmetics Anonymous??)

Pros:
1. Good, buildable, natural looking coverage. Originally, I bought this b/c I wanted something hydrating with good coverage. I wore it for a week, decided it looked too heavy and waxy and was prepared to return it when someone suggested that I take a damp sponge and blot it a bit after applying it and voila!

2. The color works great for me. I've got very fair but warm skin and have a hard time finding something that is light enough without looking too pink or too yellow.

3. Lasting. I put it on around 7am, lift weights hard for an hr. with the guys at noon, and unless my hair is beyond repair, I can usually do a quick birdbath, wave the dryer at my hair for a few minutes, then a very light face touch-up. (With this foundation, Blinc mascara, and a multi-purpose cheek/lip product, I can get out of the locker room in 15 mins looking not too much the worse for wear.)

Cons: --No deal breakers here--
1. Pump dispenser is tricky. I like the idea, but trying to get just a smidge without wasting requires removing the top to pour out a dab. Hard to do at a stop light, you know?
2. Relatively expensive. (until you see the discard pile under the sink)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has light coverage, and is moisturizing, however it's not for the acne-prone. Broke me out.

on 11/14/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this after reading a random post on the boards here, in which someone recommended this. Wow! This may be my HG foundation! I have dry skin with rosacea red cheeks (pink nose & chin), a few relatively light wrinkles, a number of age spots (i am over 60, after all).
I tested everything from Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm for Dry Skin (yuck! didn't feel moisturizing, no color match, & made my eyes burn) to MAC Studio Fix (ok color but made me look like a dried out wrinkled mummy) to Chanel and to pretty much every other even vaguely moisturizing brand carried at Sephora.
This stuff feels so good! It is creamy and moisturizing - it's clearly meant for older users, after all. It covers smoothly and evenly, giving excellent medium coverage, and i can build it up a little over age spots (tho i use a concealer over the darkest patches).
I actually found a color (porcelain 20C) that looks natural and is my skin tone, which has been quite difficult, since i'm neither really pink nor yellow. I have no trouble controlling the pump to get very small amounts out at a time. Unlike so many others i tested, after hours of wear my skin still looks smooth and dewy and feels good, and it does not emphasize any of my rather minimal lines. And on me it works well even without a primer (altho i usually use one)!
I can't complain about the price because before this i had not found any foundation that looks and feels so good for any amount. I actually look forward to putting this on! I almost want to reach for it instead of my moisturizer it feels so nice.

on 10/15/2011 3:21:00 PM

I love this foundation. They have such a large range of colors that it was easy to find a match. It makes my skin look fresh and dewy and beautiful looking. It is quite pricey, but Lancome often has free gift offers. It lasts all day, with some afternoon blotting papers. When I take off my makeup at night, it is still there.

on 9/16/2011 12:32:00 PM

Maybe i'm too young to try this ? I don't know.Actually it's a gift from my aunt for my mother, but she doesn't use it. I was given the bottle in shade 20 - clair which is perfect for my rather yellow skin tone. It's said to be for normal to dry skin, so i got a lilttle scared. But after today, i can tell you how amazing this is ! I have combination skin with slightly oily T-zone, and when i use the Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation (which is said to be perfect for combination to oily skin), i usually have to touch up a lil bit, and the look gets cakey easily if you want a full coverage look. But with this Renergie Lift Makeup Foundation, i definitely can just go with it for a very long time of the day ! I put on my makeup at 3 pm, and got home at 10 pm, and my T-zone just look a lil bit dewy. The coverage is medium to buildable, it covers really well. The color is great for my Asian skin tone. And it controls oil really good ! Excellent btw. And the finish look is pretty n glowy, just slightly, i don't know if it really is or bc i was using the Chanel Le Blanc Base, but this foundation gives u a very natural look But what i HATE the most is the pump, it's sooo annoying ! It just wastes tons of my foundation each time i use it ! Can't control the amount of the liquid no matter how careful i am. So just four lippies bc of the annoying pump ;< definitely will repurchase this !

on 9/2/2011 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I always get comments on how good my skin looks when Im wearing this. Good coverage, Wish it lasted longer on the tzone, but hey, I work a 12 hour shift. This is the best I''ve found.

Soooooooo good. It proves that you CAN turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Incomparable in it's price range.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am in love! Finally I have found my HG foundation! This foundation makes my skin look better than EVER! I am 30 so I don't really need the *lift* but it certainly doesn't hurt. I made the switch from Estee Lauder's DW foundation because I was looking for something more moisturizing. I like my foundation to have good coverage, good staying power and a dewy finish. This foundation does all three if I wear a primer. Most foundations that have great staying power [like the DW] are better for oily skin and give a more matte finish, so I don't mind investing in a primer to use this foundation because it gives me everything I am looking for in a liquid foundation. That's why I give this product 5 lippies - it's the best foundation I've ever put on my face, I LOVE it! It's *the one* :D Lancome has the most luxurious textures. It gives a very natural yet flawless look to your skin. The DW had the tendency to look heavy and even cakey, and it made me look washed out and my skin looked dull in comparison to this! With the Renergie Lift my skin glows beautifully, and it makes it seem like I've had 10 hours of sleep [and I usually get only a few]. It's very buildable, blends wonderfully and feels SO light and soft and smooth. The shade is a PERFECT match [clair 25w] and I don't even need to wear concealer because this foundation brightens my complexion so much. The price is steep but I have no problem dishing out that much for something I am extremely happy with. It's worth every penny! Absolutely love this product :)) and would DEFINITELY recommend it!

on 7/29/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this, but it isn't perfect. Then again, very possibly nothing out there is truly perfect. I will probably buy it again simply because everything else I try just isn't as good. Maybe I need two foundations; one for the T zone and this one for the rest of my face. I love the texture and the way it blends around my eyes; it wears off my nose which is the only part I don't like.