Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

Amazing Stuff! I have wanted to move towards less and less makeup for some time. It's an evil circle--using makeup to cover up imperfections and thus causing imperfections. Thinking that tinted moisturizer would be the solution, I have been wasting money on one after the other and desperately turned to Makeup Alley for help. I bought the Translucent Bronze Concentrate last week after reading the reviews,

I haven't got the best skin, but nowadays you wouldn't know it. I mix this into my moisturizer, apply foundation only to the areas around my nose and chin where my complextion is more red and needs a bit more coverage, give it a few minutes to soak in and set, and wha-la...my skin looks better than it has in years. What's even better is that I think it may even be improving my skin. I realize that since I've just fallen in love, I could be imagining things, but it seems that the overall tone/color of my skin is better, and I only have to use VERY LITTLE foundation on my "problem" areas. Maybe one day I can wean myself off the foundation completely! If you really want to finish off your natural look, use Body Shop's cheek stain.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really liked this added to my Dr. H sunscreen. If I wanted a really natural, dewy look I sometimes used this as an eyeshadow and on my cheekbones. A big plus is that it didn't seem to be clogging.

I have been looking for a tinted moisturizer for a long time.This is the best!Can be used on its own or mixed with a moisturizer.Does not clog my pores, looks so natural and gives a healthy colour.

Hands down the best bronzer I've ever tried. Love it. I have really had no luck with tanning products on my face, ever. This is different. It gives me the freedom to actually skip foundation all together, which I have never done. I do use concealer around my nose, eyes, and between eyebrows before using this. The result is amazing. Rubbing product between hands then pressing on your face gives the best results. I use a little more on a foundation brush to contour a little. A little powder on the T-zone and some blush and it gives you such a healthy look. I doubt I'll ever go back to foundation, because it gets greasy, color match is hard to find or looks too made up. There is no demarcation line. It blends perfectly.This is truly the most natural look and I wish I had discovered it years ago. Hawaiian vacation in a bottle. Update: Still a winner.....but Guerlain Terracotta Flawless Mineral was unbelievable and easier/faster to apply. The color payoff was also amazing. New update: Started using this again. Great product. Mineral makeup made my face feel so dry after awhile. This doesn't do that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product awhile ago and have only used it a couple times. I think this product is great if you don't wear foundation, and just want a "sun-kissed" glow, however if you wear foundation this product wont do much, because you will just be covering the bronzer up ( unless you mix liquid foundation with it to make it darker). The color this product gives is gorgeous, and could pass as a real tan any time of the year! Its also extremely light and doesn't feel like you have anything on. Maybe once my acne scars fade more, and I don't need to rely on foundation this will become part of my daily routine. Until then, I will leave it to people will decent skin.

I bought one bottle from Sephora and was hooked. When I went back a year later, I was told that Sephora didn't carry this line anymore. They kindly told me to check Whole Food, i found it there but i thought they raised the price? It was kind of expensive, but i didn't remember how much i paid for first time.. so I bought one from eBay, of course felt in love again, hehe...
Besides the natural ingredients, it's very light, I only dab little bit on my forehead and cheek bone. The color is very sheer and REAL!!! looks like I was in sun for a couple of hours! Those powder bronzer is just too fake, this one is very natural.. will definitely repurchase.... from eBay though, lol...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair skin with olive undertones and bronzer wise, this gives a lovely, natural colour on me. I keep my face out of the sun so Iím always a shade or two lighter in the face than on my body Ė I find that this product helps me blend the two together quite naturally.

If I donít want to wear makeup on a particular day, Iíll add 2 pumps of this to my Dr H. Sunscreen (I use sunscreen cream for children on my face, which is a very white product due to the zinc, so I use 2 pumps to counteract this), or to darken my skin tone a bit before applying mineral foundation, Iíll add a small pump to my Dr. H rose day cream light.

One other added bonus with this, is that is seems to have an ingredient which naturally calms redness caused by rosacea. Iíve been using this product for over 5 years and itís my favourite liquid bronzer to date. The only bugabear with this, is the occasional little lump you might find if the productís near its expiry.

What a lovely bronzer! For the record, I'm quite pasty in the winter (NW15) and just a dash of this mixed with moisturizer is exactly what I needed! Although it does appear intimidatingly dark in the bottle, when applied, it makes your skin look brighter, healthier, and only slightly darker - buildable, depending on how much you use. My only qualm is that you have to wait a while after applying to use primer/foundation or you risk removing the color. Definitely recommend! Also for the record: I have combination skin and will be sure to update this review if the product breaks me out. So far, so good!

I've been using for 2-3 weeks. I love it because it has solved a problem for me. I have pasty looking skin in winter, and used to use self-tanner for this problem but they are time consuming and expensive (at least the ones that work for me and don't break me out are expensive). And I've tried many bronzers and they all look like I wiped dirt over my face or are too orange. This product gives me the look of the best self tanner. And it is so easy to use. Just put a drop or 2 or more in your palm, mix with your daily moisturizer, and you are good to go! You can adjust the darkness by how much you use. I tried one drop the first day worried it would be really dark, but it isn't really dark. And no breakouts. It lasts all day too.
UPDATE: it is now November 2012, and I started using this in February 2010. I still love it! When I haven't taken the time to use a self-tanner this is a quick fix, looks natural. All I need is some concealer and I'm good to go! Only drawback is it can rub off on clothes, so no turtlenecks or white collars.

i love this bronzer!
PROS:
Gives me an awesome tan shade
evens out my skin tone
stays put all day
can be adjusted to how dark u want it to be (by adding moisturizer)

CONS:
It's a little pricy
the bottle clogs a bit and u can't get left over product out of it.

but i haven't found anything else i like so i will keep buying this again and again!

Popular Bronzers